Pars vs Montrose - Sat 13th August

1 hour ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

McPake in his post match interview saying that Wighton has been playing with both knees injured.

Would explain why he was so hesitant to get stuck in, but I think if that doesn’t resolve itself soon then we have to play MacDonald from the start next week. He can be very frustrating with his deliveries but he doesn’t shy away from the game, and when the deliveries are good (like his assist on Saturday) it’s clearly a better option in my eyes. Mind you I didn’t notice we switched to a back 3 so what do I know.

Either way, 2/3 extra players definitely needed. No danger a squad this thin lasts a season, but McPake also voiced his frustrations on that in post match so we know they’re working hard on it.

Ah fair, I've not read/listened to the post match stuff so that makes a bit of sense, although very alarming that Wighton is required to play with injured knees. Recruits desperately needed. When does the transfer/loan window actually close?

Noticed Scott Allan touting himself to clubs in Scotland this morning. He feels like he's got an asterix next to his name with his heart condition and just wants to get back playing. Wonder if he'd be willing to drop down, him and McPake together at any time, Hibs/Dundee? Likely be higher wages than we can afford but if a certain Mr Dorrans was to be off the wage bill... 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would Dorrans be off the wage bill? He's not going to just walk away, and he definitely wouldn't do so for nothing.

Just putting it out there. He was meant to be back last week, wasn't even in the squad this week. If he decided to patch it then I'm sure he wouldn't be getting paid the same to be a coach if he wanted to hang around. FWIW I do hope he's back playing soon, just the more we go the more I worry as he's not featured at all now this season minus a few days at the start of pre-season. 

I think Dorrans has been an absolutely terrible signing and would like to see him gone and his apparently substantial wage being put to better use, but I can't see him just walking away for nothing or a reduced contract. He'll see his contract out I think.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think Dorrans has been an absolutely terrible signing and would like to see him gone and his apparently substantial wage being put to better use, but I can't see him just walking away for nothing or a reduced contract. He'll see his contract out I think.

This. An incredible waste of money. Just rumours of course, but what he was apparently on last season was supposed to be ridiculous for a club our size to be paying. He is completely done at any sort of level as far as I'm concerned, and if he was to do a bunk without a fuss, I'd be quite pleased. The wages him and Chalmers are hoovering is most likely a major factor in costing us getting more additions in. You could probably get 4 or 5 good players for this level with those wages. 

36 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The wages him and Chalmers are hoovering is most likely a major factor in costing us getting more additions in.

Fair enough Dorrans but curious as to why you bring Chalmers into it? You've no idea what he earns & he's actually done alright so far.

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also, on the highlights there is an outrageous bit of skill by one of the Montrose lads at the byline first half. Think it's Hamilton that gets completely done. 

Yeah that was tremendous. Good save by Mehmet after the cut back too.

Even though the dribblers in the Norrie were howling it should have been a goal kick...

19 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Fair enough Dorrans but curious as to why you bring Chalmers into it? You've no idea what he earns & he's actually done alright so far.

This goes back to the discussion earlier in the season that Chalmers is a scapegoat. Guy has had three good games yet he’s specifically mentioned. Unfortunately it’ll take a miracle for him to win fans over.