Pars vs Montrose - Sat 13th August

10 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Decent day out aside from the result. 

The Old Inn is a decent pub.

20220813_124746.thumb.jpg.6ba8ff0d11cb6b4b1259f403455f6221.jpg

I thought the Mo played well but we never really looked liked scoring.

I was completely bewildered that we were wearing those pale pink shirts against a team that wear white. I'm amazed that was allowed. There was a couple of occasions when both teams gave up possession, presumably because the shirts were too close a colour. There were also a couple of dubious refereeing decisions too. We were denied a corner right at the end. I'm convinced that was because of the shirts 

Why were we not in our blue shirts today?

Aye, the Old Inn is a good pub!

Are you really saying that you thought the shirts in the photo below were close in colour?! 

Screenshot_20220813-222152_Facebook.jpg.22a36d06f83402bd85715a58736ec81b.jpg

Are you really saying that you thought the shirts in the photo below were close in colour?! 

I think there’ll be folk complaining about our strip at any opportunity tbh. The fact we’ve gone with a pink shirt seems to have absolutely infuriated a number of middle aged da’s in our fanbase.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I think there’ll be folk complaining about our strip at any opportunity tbh. The fact we’ve gone with a pink shirt seems to have absolutely infuriated a number of middle aged da’s in our fanbase.

I think it's a decent strip. Can get if folk don't like it, but it simply doesn't even begin to clash with our strip, and that's before you take in account the shorts and socks.

Great to get another win and another clean sheet. 3-5-2 seems to be the best system, with the players we’ve got. Cracking ball from MacDonald and great header from Todorov.
Also, Benedictus is the man. He’s the type of guy we’ve been needing for years. Brilliant leader - him and Breen look like a really good partnership.

I don’t think we played 3 at the back at any point today? We changed the shape up front to 2 strikers with Mochrie in behind and that was definitely an improvement though. 1st half was painful watching O Hara and Wighton on the wings

Definitely switched to a back 3 when MacDonald came on. Comrie, Bene and Breen with MacDonald and Edwards as wing backs.

Referee was absolutely atrocious btw. Determined to try and make himself the centre of attention and the failure to award us a corner in the second half was incredible. Would need to see the penalty shout again.

Have to say I didn't at any point felt the shirts looked remotely similar, with one being black and white and the other pink.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Definitely switched to a back 3 when MacDonald came on. Comrie, Bene and Breen with MacDonald and Edwards as wing backs.

Referee was absolutely atrocious btw. Determined to try and make himself the centre of attention and the failure to award us a corner in the second half was incredible. Would need to see the penalty shout again.

Have to say I didn't at any point felt the shirts looked remotely similar, with one being black and white and the other pink.

They were very similar if you are colour blind to be fair. There's a reason UEFA now make national teams wear all dark and all light. Two light shirts on a bright day isn't ideal and while I like their shirt, there was no reason to change out of the normal blue kit.

Wasn't at the game but glad to see Todorov hit the target and it go in! 

Outstanding set of results to open the league, but hope this week we can get at least 1 in to cover to Allan now he is also out injured.

Fair play to Mehmet, his confidence must have been shot after last season but he done everything that could be asked of him this term.

Delighted to hear us grinding out another 3 points, another clean sheet and setting the pace after 3 games. There's absolutely no way we'd be saying this with Hughes still in charge.

Hopefully we bejng jn another couple of faces soon though, that's a real shame about Allan after such a good performance last week. 

Side note, mental how on earth Edinburgh took 4 off Alloa. Would have easily saw that the other way round. 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes. I’m colourblind and it was a nightmare for me.

9 hours ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

I don’t think we played 3 at the back at any point today? We changed the shape up front to 2 strikers with Mochrie in behind and that was definitely an improvement though. 1st half was painful watching O Hara and Wighton on the wings

We definitely went 3-5-2 when MacDonald came on. Comrie moved into the back 3, as he has every time we went 3-5-2 and MacDonald and Edwards were at wing back.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Yes. I’m colourblind and it was a nightmare for me.

Me too. I have red/green deficiency and while the shirt may appear bright pink to others to me it just looks like a dull off-white colour. 

The bright sunlight yesterday didn't help.

12 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Me too. I have red/green deficiency and while the shirt may appear bright pink to others to me it just looks like a dull off-white colour. 

Exact same here. Deuteranopia that I’ve got. I do find it odd that in 2022 they still don’t consider colourblindness. I’d imagine around 70% of fans at games are male. Statistically, 1 in 12 men have some form of colourblindness. It’s not only for the fans though, it seems likely that some players will struggle/find things tougher because of it.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Exact same here. Deuteranopia that I’ve got. I do find it odd that in 2022 they still don’t consider colourblindness. I’d imagine around 70% of fans at games are male. Statistically, 1 in 12 men have some form of colourblindness. It’s not only for the fans though, it seems likely that some players will struggle/find things tougher because of it.

I’ve painted places for folk where I’ve ended up just agreeing with them that a certain colour is “blue” when it’s obviously green and called something like “Kermit’s Tadger”.

Are there glasses or contacts you could wear that could filter/alter colours?

46 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I’ve painted places for folk where I’ve ended up just agreeing with them that a certain colour is “blue” when it’s obviously green and called something like “Kermit’s Tadger”.

Are there glasses or contacts you could wear that could filter/alter colours?

I leave it up to my partner to pick colours for things in the house! I have discussions all the time about greens, browns, purples, pinks etc where i think things are the totally wrong colour. I buy clothes and shoes that I think are different colours than they actually are too.

You can get glasses/contacts that help with things, but they cost a lot more than I think they’re worth. Doesn’t cause me major problems in my day to day life. 

On 09/08/2022 at 07:20, Stellaboz said:

What's the best chippy left in the town? Alaris and The Brig were always top shouts 

We stumbled across Fish Book as we couldn’t immediately head back the way we came with the police closing the road after the final whistle. Really good large fish supper consumed 

Similar to myself. If there is no clash in kits, why not just use the home shirt? I can remember a few years ago we were made to wear our away kit down in Stranraer, but they wore their all blue home kit at East End. Just didn’t make any sense.

22 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Decent day out aside from the result. 

The Old Inn is a decent pub.

20220813_124746.thumb.jpg.6ba8ff0d11cb6b4b1259f403455f6221.jpg

I thought the Mo played well but we never really looked liked scoring.

I was completely bewildered that we were wearing those pale pink shirts against a team that wear white. I'm amazed that was allowed. There was a couple of occasions when both teams gave up possession, presumably because the shirts were too close a colour. There were also a couple of dubious refereeing decisions too. We were denied a corner right at the end. I'm convinced that was because of the shirts 

Why were we not in our blue shirts today?

I’m glad someone else thought this. I was sitting at the back of the Norrie, my eyes are only 30 years old and occasionally I found the clash to be really noticeable. I don’t know if it was the overall brightness of the day, as the photos look like there was zero clash. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Thought Montrose were decent, well organised and had a couple of players that looked good, the number 11 had a lot of good movement/runs in the first half. Ref was a joke, we should have had two stonewallers in the second half.

I thought we done enough to win it. On another day we get one of those penalties and McCann is a bit more ruthless and we win that a bit more comfortably. Special mentions to Rhys Breen and Matty Todd, Breen looks like a different guy alongside Bene (who was also fantastic). Todd showing why he’s so highly thought of, if he keeps this up he’ll have teams interested. Totally take back what I said before the season that he wasn’t worthy of a start in our midfield. 

Wighton looked so uninterested yesterday. He’s like Berbarov without the skill and swagger. Certainly a player in there but I was genuinely surprised to see him come out for the second half. Hopefully still two or three to come in.

Wighton looked so uninterested yesterday. He’s like Berbarov without the skill and swagger. Certainly a player in there but I was genuinely surprised to see him come out for the second half. Hopefully still two or three to come in.

McPake in his post match interview saying that Wighton has been playing with both knees injured.

Would explain why he was so hesitant to get stuck in, but I think if that doesn’t resolve itself soon then we have to play MacDonald from the start next week. He can be very frustrating with his deliveries but he doesn’t shy away from the game, and when the deliveries are good (like his assist on Saturday) it’s clearly a better option in my eyes. Mind you I didn’t notice we switched to a back 3 so what do I know.

Either way, 2/3 extra players definitely needed. No danger a squad this thin lasts a season, but McPake also voiced his frustrations on that in post match so we know they’re working hard on it.