Pars vs Montrose - Sat 13th August

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

McPake has failed to mention plates yet, so he's well ahead. 

Mochrie did mention he was delighted to sign for a “massive club”. That no doubt contributed to him having the confidence to score on his debut.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

6 subs today, with only three serious options, as if anyone needed reminding how small our squad is. 

Assuming Allen is injured?

Allan Must be injured, and I presume a few of the young boys too who are missing from the squad 2 weeks running.  We’re now even calling on youth players who aren’t on pro contracts to take spots on the bench.

I was running late and wanted to clap Petrie onto the park so I got my contacts to delay kick off. Nice of them to use turnstiles as an excuse. Hope nobody from the away end needs to get a train...

Good start by us and Wighton should have probably done a bit better after good work by McCann but that was a good chance for Montrose. 

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Zero posts since my one not long into the first half tells you how bad a game this has been.

Still, lovely goal by Todarov and should have been a second there. Totally undeserved but will take it!

Aye, my mate at the game says it's been awful. Surprised he's not left yet!

Great to get another win and another clean sheet. 3-5-2 seems to be the best system, with the players we’ve got. Cracking ball from MacDonald and great header from Todorov.

Also, Benedictus is the man. He’s the type of guy we’ve been needing for years. Brilliant leader - him and Breen look like a really good partnership.

Bitterly disappointed with the result. Thought we were worthy of a point based on our first half performance. Our keeper had very little to do in the first half. Pars better team in the second and their keeper had very little to do in the second. Three games in and one goal conceded against 3 full time promotion hopefuls although we haven't scored yet, I'm confident they'll come. Our team was very much on the bones of their arse today with 4 or 5 first team choices injured. Not too disappointed with the start of the season. Was always going to be a herd start for us. The turnstiles before the game were an absolute shambles. Stewards running around like heidless chickens.

We've had better and bigger squads than this current one but you have to admire that they've worked their socks off this season.

Montrose, like Alloa a couple of weeks ago, were well-organised and caused us problems. The team dug in on both occasions and fought so hard for the three points.

Bene and Hamilton look great additions to the spine and Mehmet has kept three clean sheets out of three. We need further additions to give us more options but I'm glad to have a team you know are giving it their all.

So happy for Todorov too. Feel he offers more than Wighton tbh and it was a superb header.

Also, McPake at the final whistle!

9351CAEE-F947-4D5E-B722-9DC0A98A9741.jpeg

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Decent day out aside from the result. 

The Old Inn is a decent pub.

20220813_124746.thumb.jpg.6ba8ff0d11cb6b4b1259f403455f6221.jpg

I thought the Mo played well but we never really looked liked scoring.

I was completely bewildered that we were wearing those pale pink shirts against a team that wear white. I'm amazed that was allowed. There was a couple of occasions when both teams gave up possession, presumably because the shirts were too close a colour. There were also a couple of dubious refereeing decisions too. We were denied a corner right at the end. I'm convinced that was because of the shirts 

Why were we not in our blue shirts today?

Edited by Paul Kersey