Pars vs Montrose - Sat 13th August

This thread is making me hungry......!!!

Back to the matter in hand...

Hoping Montrose have some creative play on saturday, would be nice to see McAllister score his first for the club.... 

Can't see a win, but we are desperately in need of a goal or two. (0-0 x 2 thus far) 

9 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Deep fried like a normal supper but like smokie n that. Unbelievable. Often pop up with the auld man just for that, sit in restaurant n everything. 

Had a chippy in Taunton the other day...nae sauce. Disgrace. 

There's a cracking one at the docks as well (Marco's I think it's called).

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Watching a show last night about Scotland’s worst serial killers and it got me thinking; do Montrose have any celebrity fans?

The rector at Dunfy High in my day was a Montrose fan. What was his name? McGinley? 

7 minutes ago, Leedafc said:

I didn't realise mcginley was a Montrose fan. For some reason I thought he was rangers 🤷

Nah, the only bluenose I mind was Mr Wilson in Business Studies. Top lad, really enjoyed his classes even when they'd thrashed us at the weekend. 

James McPake being exceptionally nice about Petrie and saying he hopes he gets a good reception and also that he was impressed by Pars fans giving Stevie Crawford a good reception. Still struggling to adapt to having a manager that’s not a brain donor. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Still struggling to adapt to having a manager that’s not a brain donor. 

Very refreshing. The very least we expect form managers tbf is to be grounded. 

There were folk who were saying Peter Grant's interviews were 'refreshing' (at first). McPake doesn't seem like a brain donor mind.

Think it appealed to folk because he actually came out and said what the aims were, rather than being ambiguous about it all. By doing that, however, you really are setting yourself up for failure. Never thought it would be as bad as it turned out to be, but there you go. The man was a complete charlatan.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

James McPake being exceptionally nice about Petrie and saying he hopes he gets a good reception and also that he was impressed by Pars fans giving Stevie Crawford a good reception. Still struggling to adapt to having a manager that’s not a brain donor. 

It's a slightly awkward one for McPake because I'm sure he'll be well aware that many Pars fans would have liked Petrie in the home dugout tomorrow.

Good lines from him though and if he keeps winning games then no one will be wondering what might have been.

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Watching a show last night about Scotland’s worst serial killers and it got me thinking; do Montrose have any celebrity fans?

Our biggest celebrity fan is Hamish. If you haven't heard of him before, by 5pm tomorrow night you certainly will have.
Expecting a tough one tomorrow and would gladly take a 0-0 right now. It would be nice to see a goal though. (edited to say for us)
A gripe though. Dunfermline should get to grips with the fact that they are in the seaside league now.
£20 a ticket - WTF.

Edited by PortyMo

Our biggest celebrity fan is Hamish. If you haven't heard of him before, by 5pm tomorrow night you certainly will have.
Expecting a tough one tomorrow and would gladly take a 0-0 right now. It would be nice to see a goal though. (edited to say for us)
A gripe though. Dunfermline should get to grips with the fact that they are in the seaside league now.
£20 a ticket - WTF.
Wait till you go away to FC Edinburgh for £18! You'll then realise the luxury you get for the extra 2 notes is worth every penny and some.

In terms of chippies, The Brig (Netherton) and Alaris were always family favourites. We tend to have pizzas, Chinese and Indian more often these days as my wife’s a veggie and veggie options out the Chippy aren’t always that good. However, on the rare occasion I do get one it’s normally the Brig @ Linburn Road or the Golden Chip.

Big fan of the traditional fried Chippy food but in terms of kebabs the Brig do a peri peri chicken kebab and it’s one of the tastiest things that has past my lips. That with a big old bag of chips covered in broon 🤤.

I’ve not been but the Chippy out at Hill of Beath is meant to be banging.