Pars vs Montrose - Sat 13th August

26 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I've just booked my ticket.

Never been to Dunfermline before, so it'll be good to tick another ground off the list.

I fancy taking a stroll around the Abbey before grabbing a bite to eat. My research suggests that The Old Inn is nearby and does decent food. Has anyone any better suggestions for a pre-match feast?

Pittencrieff Park (AKA The Glen) has an entrance just opposite the Abbey and is lovely for a stroll about. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What's the best chippy left in the town? Alaris and The Brig were always top shouts 

Place where Alaris used to be (Jim Jack's I think it's called). Excellent. Sit in or takeaway.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Has the brig closed down? 

No idea, just throwing out a couple of suggestions. 

The one along from the Foundry was the worst, despite its excellent location. 

Was also a decent one just off Townhill Road somewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Has the brig closed down? 

There two Brig chippies in the City. The original at Nethertown Broad Street and another on Lynburn Road. 

The one at Nethertown always seems busy. I don't eat chippies anymore as I'm trying to lose weight, so can't tell you how good it is these days.

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

There two Brig chippies in the City. The original at Nethertown Broad Street and another on Lynburn Road. 

The one at Nethertown always seems busy. I don't eat chippies anymore as I'm trying to lose weight, so can't tell you how good it is these days.

Looking forward to you changing your name to skinny chops. 

Quite like the Brig but find it quite pricey and IIRC you only get one bit of fish in a fish supper whereas most others give you two. 

The place that has taken over Alari's and the Hook and Catch (very nice also) out by Tesco Duloch are the only sit-ins left I think. 

I quite like the Marini's on Aberdour Road but in the town centre there are two that are meant to be decent - Fishbook opposite the old fire station and the Golden Chip past the swimming pool. Not been in either so can't really offer much help there I'm afraid @Stellaboz.

On 08/08/2022 at 17:54, Paul Kersey said:

I've just booked my ticket.

Never been to Dunfermline before, so it'll be good to tick another ground off the list.

I fancy taking a stroll around the Abbey before grabbing a bite to eat. My research suggests that The Old Inn is nearby and does decent food. Has anyone any better suggestions for a pre-match feast?

If you're at the abbey then your in the "city centre" so there are plenty of traditional pub grub places to go to.

Old Inn, 7 kings, city hotel, commercial, somewhere else and spoons. There also the ballroom that do American diner sort of stuff. 

As for the best chippy debate. 

Golden chip when its open is decent, my go to is genarros on Robertson road. Brig is decent but pricey. As for sauros, it's not even the best chippy in abbeyview, Been poor for last few years imo. Still to try that place that used to be alaris tho heard it's good. 

As for the rest, all a bit hit n miss 

13 hours ago, Leedafc said:

If you're at the abbey then your in the "city centre" so there are plenty of traditional pub grub places to go to.

Old Inn, 7 kings, city hotel, commercial, somewhere else and spoons. There also the ballroom that do American diner sort of stuff. 

As for the best chippy debate. 

Golden chip when its open is decent, my go to is genarros on Robertson road. Brig is decent but pricey. As for sauros, it's not even the best chippy in abbeyview, Been poor for last few years imo. Still to try that place that used to be alaris tho heard it's good. 

As for the rest, all a bit hit n miss 

Your arse. Abbey Fry doesn't hold a candle to Sauros!

Edited by Rob1885

18 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

That sounds great. How is the smokie served? Does it get fried or just as it comes?

Deep fried like a normal supper but like smokie n that. Unbelievable. Often pop up with the auld man just for that, sit in restaurant n everything. 

Had a chippy in Taunton the other day...nae sauce. Disgrace. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I’d say The Brig at Duloch is better than the original one. Had a couple of fish suppers from there that even I struggled to eat due to the general whiff of dirty old cooking oil.

Nethertown Broad Street Brig is clear.