Pars vs Montrose - Sat 13th August

Think this will be similar to the Alloa game.  Two nil nil draws for Montrose so far.  

Think we will certainly be stronger than the Alloa game. Chris Mochrie in since then and Chris Hamilton back from suspension who is a brilliant signing. Maybe Robbie Crawford signed by then too?

Going for a narrow Pars win.

We sometimes have these weird little sequences of scores. Like when under Kenny we lost 5-0 then 3-0 so it felt logical we’d then lose 4-0. There was then the 4-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1 sequence. This time it’s odd numbers and we will follow up 1-0 and 3-0 with a 5-0.  

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We sometimes have these weird little sequences of scores. Like when under Kenny we lost 5-0 then 3-0 so it felt logical we’d then lose 4-0. There was then the 4-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1 sequence. This time it’s odd numbers and we will follow up 1-0 and 3-0 with a 5-0.  

66/1 on Bet 365

42 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

numberwang-thatsnumberwang.gif.cbaf20a16c223cbd58943ba7b978d787.gif

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Think this will be similar to the Alloa game.  Two nil nil draws for Montrose so far.  

Think we will certainly be stronger than the Alloa game. Chris Mochrie in since then and Chris Hamilton back from suspension who is a brilliant signing. Maybe Robbie Crawford signed by then too?

Going for a narrow Pars win.

Would have liked to have seen Mochrie coming back to Montrose for another loan spell, sure he’ll do well for the Pars

Sadly miss this one, Chalmers making way for Hamilton and O'Hara dropped for Mochrie for me, could do with making it 3 wins from 3 to build some early momentum when Airdrie are also going along well.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Chalmers did well on Saturday and had an assist, I can't believe I'm typing this but I don't think it's guaranteed Hamilton comes straight in? 

I'd 100% bring him back in, but there is the argument not to change it.

Hamilton is the captain, no? I think unless he's not match fit then he'll definitely come straight back in.

Would actually predict Allan or Todd gets dropped before Hamilton is left out. That midfield 3 is only starting because Hamilton and Dorrans haven't been available.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Hamilton is the captain, no? I think unless he's not match fit then he'll definitely come straight back in.

Would actually predict Allan or Todd gets dropped before Hamilton is left out. That midfield 3 is only starting because Hamilton and Dorrans haven't been available.

Benedictus is the captain. 

Benedictus absolutely dictated the entire game on Saturday. He probably doesn't need the armband to do that but his leadership was exactly what you'd want.  He was captain in the league cup games as well so its not over hamilton,  I'd guess dorrans could get it but I don't see what he offers in that role that Benedictus doesn't.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Benedictus absolutely dictated the entire game on Saturday. He probably doesn't need the armband to do that but his leadership was exactly what you'd want.  He was captain in the league cup games as well so its not over hamilton,  I'd guess dorrans could get it but I don't see what he offers in that role that Benedictus doesn't.

No way should Dorrans be captain. When he isn't crocked, he offers pretty close to nothing on the pitch. The man is absolutely done. Benedictus twice the captain he is. Not even convinced Dorrans should be playing when he is back. Todd has been brilliant, and Hamilton/Crawford (if he signs) will offer much more. 

Chalmers should 100% be bombed out for this for Hamilton. He gives Svengali and Malcolm McLaren a run for their money in the charlatan department. 

Feeling much more confident than I was previously, however still expecting a tough match, and if we are to win, it'll be by a narrow margin. Genuinely still can't believe we managed to get Hamilton in all honesty. If we're subbing him and continuing with Chalmers, then some serious questions are needing asked. 

I've just booked my ticket.

Never been to Dunfermline before, so it'll be good to tick another ground off the list.

I fancy taking a stroll around the Abbey before grabbing a bite to eat. My research suggests that The Old Inn is nearby and does decent food. Has anyone any better suggestions for a pre-match feast?

15 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I've just booked my ticket.

Never been to Dunfermline before, so it'll be good to tick another ground off the list.

I fancy taking a stroll around the Abbey before grabbing a bite to eat. My research suggests that The Old Inn is nearby and does decent food. Has anyone any better suggestions for a pre-match feast?

If you're heading to the Abbey then the The Old Inn is a good shout if it's pre-match pub grub you are looking for. Not had food in there since the new owners took over but it looked decent enough from pictures I've seen.

The Pars were formed in the Old Inn in 1885.