The SPFL League One 22/23 Sack Race

Who'se getting punted first?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might take a while this season unless one of the big boys get off to an absolute screaming death spiral. Falkirk ought to be less trigger-happy after going through four managers in the space of a year.

So, John McGlynn, then.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Went for Gibson but Potter and McGlynn are probably more likely now I think about it.

Is this sacked or just leaves their post?

Sacked.

When McGlynn is hired by one of the Premiership clubs, it won't count, and not just because he'll ride off into the sunset on a unicorn before your alarm clock kicks in.

Edit: what are Kelty's expectations for this season? Surely the board aren't demanding another promotion push.

Edited by BFTD

Went for Gibson but Potter and McGlynn are probably more likely now I think about it.
Is this sacked or just leaves their post?
Gibson will walk in a mutual consent kinda thing 

Gibson is about the safest manager in the division. We were practically relegated under Johnstone before our BoD decided to sack him. The only way Gibson will be canned is if we're sitting 9th or 10th come Christmas. If we're mid-table and still able to achieve a top four finish he'll be safe.

I can't imagine it'll come as a surprise, but Brian Rice is pretty secure for this season too. He did a sterling job of getting us to recover to fifth last term, and a play-off place would be seen as success rather than an expectation, with what's likely a reduced budget. We'd need to be in serious relegation danger before the board would consider a change before the end of the season, and we seem good (and organised) enough that it doesn't seem likely.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Think it'll be Potter unless he's learned a lot since last time. Then they'd bring in PG. 

I know it's become something of a joke to say that a club will appoint Peter Grant, but surely Barry Ferguson would be the obvious, and even funnier, candidate at Kelty.

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I know it's become something of a joke to say that a club will appoint Peter Grant, but surely Barry Ferguson would be the obvious, and even funnier, candidate at Kelty.

Ferguson has already stunk up the place as manager though. 

40 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ferguson has already stunk up the place as manager though. 

His sole "good" season was at Kelty, though. They might want him back.

There is a club in the league with form for taking on our disappointing managers, however. How secure is McPake these days?  :whistle

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

His sole "good" season was at Kelty, though. They might want him back.

There is a club in the league with form for taking on our disappointing managers, however. How secure is McPake these days?  :whistle

You're in danger of a red dot, my friend.