Ayr vs Accies

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This accurate?:

41' Penalty saved, and it's justice done! Akinyemi's penalty is saved by Fulton, but it shouldn't have been given in the first place, with Doyle making what looked like a perfect challenge on O'Connor.

Looked like he went through the player to me but I’m at the opposite end of the ground 

Some game. Our two CBs are having an awful time which is exacerbated by the gaps in midfield, but that's because the three of them are doing pretty well at pushing forward between the lines with Lawson finding them. Tiehi linking quite well too.

Been stressful but I'm enjoying it.

As annoying as this has been for Accies, I think we should try to see the positive side. If you said pre season we'd be unbeaten in these 3 opening games, I'd have bitten your head off.  It's the fact we probably should've won any 2 of those 3 that grates. Still, I'm far less pessimistic now than I was going into the season for us.

Thought that was a fair result but a proper shiter that it happened in the exact same way as it did towards the end od last season: Winter with an identical goal then a late Ayr stunner equaliser.

Rankin's in-game stuff leaves a lot to be desired as a savvier manager probably ties the game up. Stayed hectic in possession when it was there to be controlled.

Scott Martin is a top class player and has stayed at a high level pretty much since he signed. Just a shame he misses 7 months a season.

Think a draw was probably a fair result in the end. But we maybe edged it. Cracking goal from Murdoch, happy for him. A frustrating second half for the most part, the game really looked like it was there for the taking. Hamilton may feel the same though.

You don't normally see two cracking strikes in a game at this level, Andy Murdoch will never hit a sweeter volley in his life. 

That second half showed - again - that we are crying out for some creativity in the middle of the park. Thought McKenzie had a good first half, not sure what happened with the penalty decision but it seemed a great save from the keeper. 

Edited by Shibuya

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

Looked like he went through the player to me but I’m at the opposite end of the ground 

It was a truly bizarre decision to be fair, was a great challenge. Justice done with the save, absolutely no complaints about conceding an equaliser in that manner. Great strike.

Ayr probably just about edged it but a draw was fair. We badly need some creativity in the team

Aye today only really enforced what all know. We need a striker and another option in midfield be it a number 10 or a wide player with a bit more guile and creativity. I thought we started really well and until Accies scored we were strolling through the gaps in midfield at will. Can’t take anything away from Winters strike but it’s almost a carbon copy of last week. Need to challenge for the ball earlier in the build up and the goal probably doesn’t happen.

For two weeks in a row Bullen’s subs have turned the game in our favour. We were getting battered down the right hand side and had nothing in midfield. Houston and Smith coming on turned it a bit and gave us more of a foothold in midfield. Murdochs strike is a cracker and although he probably won’t score another one like it, it got us the point we deserved.

As good as Akinyemi is, he really needs to score that penalty and it’s a totally different game. He did well though with his positioning for the opener though and I thought he was unlucky with the one that was chalked off. He looked on to me but it was very tight.