Ayr vs Accies

28 minutes ago, AuAl said:

If Accies aren't in the railway end is there any potential do you think for getting home fans in there?

I think it would be quite popular with the home support if we could do that on match days when there is smaller away crowds. 

You can buy tickets for the railway end , but need to remain there throughout the game , it’s being used for a family fun day where there are activities for kids up to around kick off and specially priced tickets for that area getting kids in at reduced prices , 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

You can buy tickets for the railway end , but need to remain there throughout the game , it’s being used for a family fun day where there are activities for kids up to around kick off and specially priced tickets for that area getting kids in at reduced prices , 

Ah yeah right enough, forgot about the family fun day being on.

Will probably stay on the North Terrace then but good to know the option of using that end for home support may possible down the line.

Edited by AuAl

I really wouldn’t offer the Railway stand at all to away supporters apart from a couple of teams. Keep solely for home fans. Partick usually bring a decent number down, Dundee might do the same. Besides that it’s a waste giving it to the other diddy away supports that bother to turn up.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really wouldn’t offer the Railway stand at all to away supporters apart from a couple of teams. Keep solely for home fans. Partick usually bring a decent number down, Dundee might do the same. Besides that it’s a waste giving it to the other diddy away supports that bother to turn up.

I would maybe add Morton to that list, and Raith when they are on a good run. I've always thought the big Dundee support was a bit of a myth. They've very rarely brought a decent support to Somerset.

With Killie and Dunfermline both departing, the average crowd for the division will likely be down a fair bit this year.

I would maybe add Morton to that list, and Raith when they are on a good run. I've always thought the big Dundee support was a bit of a myth. They've very rarely brought a decent support to Somerset.
With Killie and Dunfermline both departing, the average crowd for the division will likely be down a fair bit this year.

I can’t really remember too well but I thought the last time we were both in this league (pre covid) they brought a good support with them. Certainly the last game played at Somerset before the pandemic was against Dundee and it was a good crowd. Maybe my mind playing tricks on me right enough.

Looking forward to the away trip, but as for the result, not so optimistic. Never remember an easy game against Ayr, struggling even at the best of times.

Would be great if Chucky is back, as I feel we really missed him last week, Winter up top on his own was to the surprise of no one, not effective.

Think it will be a hat-trick of 1-1 Draws for us.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Morton haven't brought a decent away support since the old division 1-2 days.  The seating and standing below it section holds around 500 which would more than hold their support.

Seeing as it's early in the season with weather to be shorts & t-shirt - along with plenty drinking time on bus/train for those who want to do that - then Accies might bring a little more than we would otherwise.

Still talking 150-200ish max though probably.

21 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Seeing as it's early in the season with weather to be shorts & t-shirt - along with plenty drinking time on bus/train for those who want to do that - then Accies might bring a little more than we would otherwise.

Still talking 150-200ish max though probably.

Taps aff, boys 

On the day ticket sales 

Please note on the day ticket sales are available from the ticket office from 1pm ( not shop ) ticket office is in car park behind Cameron’s Bar , only available in shop from 12noon until 1pm 

Edited by Finlay21

Would go with the team that finished the game on Friday.  McKenzie and Dipo became a good strike force and allowed O'Connor to win a few cross field balls from Reading, I would imagine Bullen may have noticed that and look at something similar this week.  Optimistic 2-0 home win,  Dipo at the double again.