Handsome Jim’s Delicious Dandies v Motherwell who now have a Manager

Well a genuinely surprising result, we actually sounded like we played some football which makes a change, looking forward to watching the highlights. Pressure on for Mr Goodwin already this season, bring big Derek home.

Delighted with that.

Really sloppy goal to lose just after half time but I wasn't happy with the way the game was going before that. It might have been for the best. Instead of trying to hang on we had to come out and play again. Obviously easy to say that after we score two quick goals but to me that felt like a test. Come out and play football or crumble and we passed it with flying colours.

Should have scored more. Missed a couple of sitters, some good goalkeeping andsome bizarre decisions stopped us adding more. And defensively we were solid for most the second half. Still not feeling great about crosses coming in.

I was interested to see what Hammell was going to do with the subs and happy to say there was no messing about. Spittal had a great game but he was blowing. Immediately hooked. Cornelius ran himself ragged, Slattery blowing. Both hooked. Proactive management. Seeing where the problems are going to be and fixing  them. Something Alexander never did.

Superb.

What a game and great win for us. Could have been much worse for Aberdeen. I think there is still a bit of work still to do at the back, but overall though, that was magic. 

I didin't expect any of that, other than KVV scoring, that was a given. Hammell's innovative strategy of "passing the ball forward" really changed the game.

I like the look of Stewart for Aberdeen, he looks like a good signing. I also like Liam Scales bouncy hairdo. The keeper isn't good enough to have his own chant imo.

Most refreshing thing for me is that (other than standard away team time wasting), we actually kept attacking when we were 3-2 up - and arguably looked increasingly dangerous on the break (as we've seen countless teams do to us). This 100% would never have happened under Alexander.

What a result. Jeff Stelling saying it would not do Stevie Hammell any harm in getting the job full time 🤷‍♂️.

We do have the India sign over Aberdeen but that is an epic result. Of all the sides we have hardly added any players and Aberdeen, Hibs, Ross C, DDee United have added loads and seem to have made little difference so far…A long way to go but that was excellent. Especially as we came from behind and did not concede late on.

Also happy that at HT put £10 on Van Veen to score at 5-1. Just knew it…3rd in the table 

Partying Music Video GIF by Taylor Swift

Edited by welldaft