Handsome Jim’s Delicious Dandies v Motherwell who now have a Manager

34 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Motherwell were very good.

Last season they beat us by generally being more robust and better at $hitehousing and the dark arts. That was still there - but so was some really bonnie counter-attacking football, and tactics that exposed the weaknesses that have been evident in the early few games for AFC. Maybe Hammell really is a manager in the making.

Agree with this.

This wasn’t a smash and grab like last season at Pittodrie. We were the better team and could/should have won by more. Hammell for all the shouts of cheap and lazy appointment during the week, showed himself astute enough to pinpoint Aberdeen’s weaknesses and come up with a game plan to hit them at every opportunity. 

I’ve been underwhelmed by Spittal in the middle but he looked much better in a more advanced role. The diagonal runs from out to in for the 1st and 3rd goals were excellent and looked like something that had been worked on.

We also seemed to target the space in behind the full backs for Shields to run onto as well (then Efford 2nd half), which suited his strengths and the first goal came directly from this. Even the corner Slattery scored from sounds like something that’d been spoken about pre-match. 

Early days and all that but I’ve been impressed with everything I’ve seen and heard from Hammell so far. Even in defeat last week you could see the things he was was trying to implement.

Club still need to back him in the next few weeks mind but yesterday gave hope that we might not be in for the dreadful season we were all expecting this time last week. 

Brewdog in town this weekend celebrating their AGM, massive event. Private jets from all over stacked at ABZ.  Meanwhile, at beach, the Famous turned over by a bunch of socially-housed minks, with zero history. How could this be? An utter travesty, beyond comprehension. I blame the recruitment process. On joining , never mind taking these newbies [and their entourage] around the Audi garages and private schools. Perhaps first they should be educated about the city and it’s business , the history, what the men of Aberdeen expect, their expectations. If you want to play for Aberdeen then losing is not allowed. A slim defeat to the filth, having tried fucking hard , is occasionally understood,  sometimes.  We are Aberdeen. A big rich city, with history. We do not lose to tower-block minks from scumville. Simple. "

That’s one hell of a post from an obviously well educated individual. This guy must be of a very high social standing and clearly well above that of any supporter of Motherwell. He’s clearly been round to everyones house and an extensive database has been produced.

Edited by Yorky

23 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Brewdog in town this weekend celebrating their AGM, massive event. Private jets from all over stacked at ABZ.  Meanwhile, at beach, the Famous turned over by a bunch of socially-housed minks, with zero history. How could this be? An utter travesty, beyond comprehension. I blame the recruitment process. On joining , never mind taking these newbies [and their entourage] around the Audi garages and private schools. Perhaps first they should be educated about the city and it’s business , the history, what the men of Aberdeen expect, their expectations. If you want to play for Aberdeen then losing is not allowed. A slim defeat to the filth, having tried fucking hard , is occasionally understood,  sometimes.  We are Aberdeen. A big rich city, with history. We do not lose to tower-block minks from scumville. Simple. "

That’s one hell of a post from an obviously well educated individual. This guy must be of a very high social standing and clearly well above that of any supporter of Motherwell. He’s clearly been round to everyones house and an extensive database has been produced.

Jesus. Where do you even start with a clueless fanny like that..

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Agree with this.

This wasn’t a smash and grab like last season at Pittodrie. We were the better team and could/should have won by more. Hammell for all the shouts of cheap and lazy appointment during the week, showed himself astute enough to pinpoint Aberdeen’s weaknesses and come up with a game plan to hit them at every opportunity. 

I’ve been underwhelmed by Spittal in the middle but he looked much better in a more advanced role. The diagonal runs from out to in for the 1st and 3rd goals were excellent and looked like something that had been worked on.

We also seemed to target the space in behind the full backs for Shields to run onto as well (then Efford 2nd half), which suited his strengths and the first goal came directly from this. Even the corner Slattery scored from sounds like something that’d been spoken about pre-match. 

Early days and all that but I’ve been impressed with everything I’ve seen and heard from Hammell so far. Even in defeat last week you could see the things he was was trying to implement.

Club still need to back him in the next few weeks mind but yesterday gave hope that we might not be in for the dreadful season we were all expecting this time last week. 

Get your money on a Livi win next Saturday. 

Based on recent experience, it's more likely that Saturday's performance was more likely to have been a blip on our part rather than Aberdeen's and we'll lose to Livi but there were some encouraging signs. I thought Cornelius's passing ability was a huge upgrade on Maguire's last week and it sounds as though he continued that against Aberdeen with his work-rate also impressing.

Death, taxes, and so called big teams expecting the likes of us to lie down to them, then spitting the dummy when we don't oblige.

We gave you six extra minutes to score a goal, and we ended up having more chances than you, maybe ask St Johnstone how it's done.
I didn't realise it was 6 added minutes. I was trying to be sociable in a beer garden with my phone on the table showing the scores on BBC website and it had got to 90+5' when my dad called me to tell me we'd won.

There were 6 added minutes last week which was enough time for us to equalise and still lose.

13 hours ago, Yorky said:

You get that from AFC chat?

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It was posted on the Motherwell forum and taken from an Aberdeen forum. No idea which one, I don’t look on other clubs forums myself. I take it there is still an element of looking back to the 1980s and past success ? Not sure that really helps anyone at the club.

55 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Of course it's from the hat. Surprised you even had to ask tbh.

1816860788_ScreenShot2022-08-15at09_37_01.thumb.png.ce5e327ec0ad8c8173773fd6067155fb.png

23 minutes ago, Yorky said:

It was posted on the Motherwell forum and taken from an Aberdeen forum. No idea which one, I don’t look on other clubs forums myself. I take it there is still an element of looking back to the 1980s and past success ? Not sure that really helps anyone at the club.

Tbf, it's nothing as deep as that. It's just a forum populated entirely by VLs and arseholes.

Edited by capt_oats

14 hours ago, Yorky said:

Good points, well made imo 

Edited by Dons_1988

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

It's a forum largely populated by idiots tbh.

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Of course it's from the hat. Surprised you even had to ask tbh.

1816860788_ScreenShot2022-08-15at09_37_01.thumb.png.ce5e327ec0ad8c8173773fd6067155fb.png

Tbf, it's nothing as deep as that. It's just a forum populated entirely by VLs and arseholes.

Never nice to assume!

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good points, well made imo 

Ha ha, he’s not yet knocked on my door in Kirkintilloch, I can’t wait. My house of course won’t live up to his palace.

Edited by Yorky

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Ha ha, he’s not yet knocked on my door in Kirkintilloch, I can’t wait. My house of course won’t live up to his palace.

The biggest surprised for me was that Motherwell put their players up in social housing. But you live and you learn. 

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The biggest surprised for me was that Motherwell put their players up in social housing. But you live and you learn. 

We’re all learning all the time, that’s life. Easy to focus on the negatives rather than the positives.