Handsome Jim’s Delicious Dandies v Motherwell who now have a Manager

24 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Will be funny when it goes tits up tbh. 

Where are you boys on the comedy schedule at present? Still got lower to go or on the way back but despite facing your bogey team.

I swear down a gypsy curse must have been put on you when you pulled a fast one with Jack & Victor.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We coped in the league cup group stages.

That's not for everyone, right enough.

That's as good as it will get with Goodwin. He gets lots of things right , eg the tactics that saw us win v the "invincibles" in the LC , then he blew it with a bafflingly bad team selection and tactics in the semi. 

34 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Where are you boys on the comedy schedule at present? Still got lower to go or on the way back but despite facing your bogey team.

I swear down a gypsy curse must have been put on you when you pulled a fast one with Jack & Victor.

Ha ha. We've been pretty good, Celtic aside.

I'm convinced today was a blip. One of those days. Even when Motherwell weren't dominating, they were still getting the break of the ball.

It's harsh to say but we'll look much better now Kennedy is injured.

Fair play to Motherwell - they got that spot on and absolutely deserved to win, arguably by more than they eventually did. They were the better team both in and out of possession. I also thought they transitioned quite effectively, or certainly better than we did. 

The best word for our performance is probably 'chaotic'. We seemed to vary between playing too slowly and too carelessly - we basically never settled into a coherent rhythm, with the exception of maybe a brief spell between Miovski and Hayes' goals. Ramadani, I thought, was particularly culpable of taking a touch too many and basically allowing Motherwell to settle back into a shape that we were struggling to get around. 

Stewart, unfortunately, had a torrid time. The thing we have been able to say about him so far is that he gets the basics correct more often than not, so you have to hope that today was just an isolated bad game. My broader concern with him is that teams will realise how limited he is with the ball and be happy enough to isolate him whilst pressing onto Scales. 

Richardson is still a big concern, for me. It looked like Motherwell were targeting him with fairly simple balls down his side and over his head in the first half and they were getting a fair amount of joy from it. I would perhaps say to put McCrorie in there for a while, but we were missing his presence in midfield for most of today and ideally I would want him back there next week. 

Motherwell were good and by far the better team today, but we committed so many, to use a tennis term, unforced errors. In the first 20 minutes, which set the standard for the match, we passed the ball away to Motherwell players or straight out of play, almost every time we had the ball. Ramadani had an absolute nightmare. Every touch was a pass, and every actual pass was shite. We made it so, so easy for Motherwell and they took full advantage. Have to hope that Leighton Clarkson is not an injury to keep him out of any games, he at least was decent on the ball. Some of the defending, particularly late on, was really worrying, with players seemingly unwilling to simply clear the ball out of our box. How Motherwell only scored three is pretty mystifying.

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Motherwell were good and by far the better team today, but we committed so many, to use a tennis term, unforced errors. In the first 20 minutes, which set the standard for the match, we passed the ball away to Motherwell players or straight out of play, almost every time we had the ball. Ramadani had an absolute nightmare. Every touch was a pass, and every actual pass was shite. We made it so, so easy for Motherwell and they took full advantage. Have to hope that Leighton Clarkson is not an injury to keep him out of any games, he at least was decent on the ball. Some of the defending, particularly late on, was really worrying, with players seemingly unwilling to simply clear the ball out of our box. How Motherwell only scored three is pretty mystifying.

Started the same way against us last week.

The defenders don't look comfortable playing the ball out at the back at all. Better hope it clicks soon because better teams will have a field day in this league with the sloppy passing