Handsome Jim’s Delicious Dandies v Motherwell who now have a Manager

47 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why dont Well fans like Cadden?

Boy seems sound as, model pro and getting better.

He was initially linked with Oxford when he left us, they allegedly didn't want to pay the compo we'd be due, so he went to Columbus Crew who didn't have to pay us anything, then immediately went on loan to Oxford for a season. 

I also think he's a shite footballer who managed to cover up this fact for a while by thumping the badge and running about a bit.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Hahahaha this will be a fucking massacre. 

Basically like the 7-2 game a couple of years back, without the two Motherwell goals.

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

Yeah I feel we will be lucky to get nil and Aberdeen will score as many as they fancy. One for the handicap coupon next weekend. 

What's the line on this game? Aberdeen -450?

I think this will be a stern test for the new look Dons. Motherwell will be physical and disruptive.

We beat St Mirren impressively last term at Pittodrie and also started off the home campaign with an eye-catching victory against Dundee United.

Therefore, let's see if we can show consistency of performance and dispatch Motherwell with similar ease.

I'll predict a tight match and 2-1 home win.

I think Motherwell are overstating both how shite they think they are and how good we are. 

We’ve started solidly enough but there’s definite frailties we need to work on. 

Saying that, I have no particular dislike for Motherwell, but after last season a convincing win would really be delicious. 

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think Motherwell are overstating both how shite they think they are and how good we are. 

Perhaps on Aberdeen but have you watched us recently? We're abysmal and even our former captain and current caretaker are openly talking about having to overhaul the squad.

We've scored one goal from open play in our last 12 hours of competitive football and our defence is an utter shambles. 

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We’ve started solidly enough but there’s definite frailties we need to work on. 

Saying that, I have no particular dislike for Motherwell, but after last season a convincing win would really be delicious. 

The problem we have is that not only do we have an incomplete squad (the rumour is that the board throttled Alexander's spending this summer off the back of the unconvincing 2nd half to last season) we've also done a hard reset on how we're trying to play so we're effectively trying to get the players to unlearn everything about the way that Alexander's had them playing for the past 18 months and get back to playing some sort of football.

Saying we're a work in progress would be the polite way of putting it.

As @Handsome_Devil hints at above we've had both Hammell and now O'Donnell basically say we're miles off it at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats

46 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Perhaps on Aberdeen but have you watched us recently? We're abysmal and even our former captain and current caretaker are openly talking about having to overhaul the squad.

We've scored one goal from open play in our last 12 hours of competitive football and our defence is an utter shambles. 

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The problem we have is that not only do we have an incomplete squad (the rumour is that the board throttled Alexander's spending this summer off the back of the unconvincing 2nd half to last season) we've also done a hard reset on how we're trying to play so we're effectively trying to get the players to unlearn everything about the way that Alexander's had them playing for the past 18 months and get back to playing some sort of football.

Saying we're a work in progress would be the polite way of putting it.

As @Handsome_Devil hints at above we've had both Hammell and now O'Donnell basically say we're miles off it at the moment.

I’ve never been more convinced that Motherwell are coming up to beat us unceremoniously. Again. 

10 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why dont Well fans like Cadden?

Boy seems sound as, model pro and getting better.

He is a top bloke. but snaked us badly while claiming innocence

Aye, I see nothing other than a doing for us in this. Can't see Hammell/Whoeverthefuck turning it round to be a dig in and hope for the best, essentially the third bounce game of our pre-season. 

That said, Lamie and Slattery back is a positive. Maybe switch Slattery into the Maguire role, Maguire into Spittal's spot and just have him run about like f**k without having to turn on the ball might work. Like a tall Grimshaw.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, I see nothing other than a doing for us in this. Can't see Hammell/Whoeverthefuck turning it round to be a dig in and hope for the best, essentially the third bounce game of our pre-season. 

That said, Lamie and Slattery back is a positive. Maybe switch Slattery into the Maguire role, Maguire into Spittal's spot and just have him run about like f**k without having to turn on the ball might work. Like a tall Grimshaw.

Wouldn't Lamie miss two games? Pretty sure a straight red for serious foul play is a two match ban.

Any sort of win is fine here.

Motherwell had our number last season. The Pittodrie game came during our only decent run of form, and we played well in the first half, but still had an early second half Van Veen inspired @rse-collapse.

Smurn's massive front-two were causing problems early on the game on Saturday, and I still feel there are defensive question marks. However, unlike last season, we do now seem to have several attacking options - rather than just a Plan A.

Is it likely Well will have a new manager by the weekend?

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Any sort of win is fine here.

Motherwell had our number last season. The Pittodrie game came during our only decent run of form, and we played well in the first half, but still had an early second half Van Veen inspired @rse-collapse.

Smurn's massive front-two were causing problems early on the game on Saturday, and I still feel there are defensive question marks. However, unlike last season, we do now seem to have several attacking options - rather than just a Plan A.

Is it likely Well will have a new manager by the weekend?

the defeat at Pittodrie was frustrating as the Motherwell boy (Maguire, I think) should definitely have been sent off too.