Thought quitongo was lucky to not already have a booking by the time he did get one. Game couldn't really get going in to anything other than a battle in the first half due to morton just fouling anything they could get near. Once we got the goals they weren't as bad for it. How is Alan lithgow a professional footballer? The rising electric costs at caipelow must be down to him having the microwave on all the time.

We weren't great again but there was alot more dig and I thought o'riordan again looked very good. Silly booking to get but he is only 18 so will learn. Nolan again looking a bit better again also. Millen is pretty hopeless and got lucky with a short backpass in the second half as macdonald kicked it off macdonald and out for a goal kick. I'm not gullans biggest fan but he puts in a power of running and it must be brutal for him having to try and create anything for himself when he does actually get it into feet. Stanton looked a much better player in the second half getting himself stuck in to absolutely everything. More of that please. Overall we deserved the win but we do have alot of areas we can improve on.

My first league game today, not been since we played Stirling. First half was terrible but I actually really enjoyed the second, good entertainment and it was great to see the team hold out and get the win. Nice stuff at the end as well; the fans really appreciated the effort of the team to hang on against some aerial bombardment at the end (and throughout). 

You could go and watch every single Championship league game from now until the end of the season and you will not find a luckier player to remain on the pitch til the end than Quitongo today. Must’ve committed 5 or 6 fouls before his booking, which you could argue could’ve been a red. On another topic, what has happened to Alan Lithgow? He’s had some summer. 

The two centre halves looked really assured, no worries about them whatsoever. Both completely fine for this level. 

Superb to get the win and three points on the board. We needed it. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Thought quitongo was lucky to not already have a booking by the time he did get one. Game couldn't really get going in to anything other than a battle in the first half due to morton just fouling anything they could get near. Once we got the goals they weren't as bad for it. How is Alan lithgow a professional footballer? The rising electric costs at caipelow must be down to him having the microwave on all the time.

We weren't great again but there was alot more dig and I thought o'riordan again looked very good. Silly booking to get but he is only 18 so will learn. Nolan again looking a bit better again also. Millen is pretty hopeless and got lucky with a short backpass in the second half as macdonald kicked it off macdonald and out for a goal kick. I'm not gullans biggest fan but he puts in a power of running and it must be brutal for him having to try and create anything for himself when he does actually get it into feet. Stanton looked a much better player in the second half getting himself stuck in to absolutely everything. More of that please. Overall we deserved the win but we do have alot of areas we can improve on.

Seemed like Stanton remembered he can go forward that second half and played a very good 45. I thought gullan was good today, put a hefty shift in, held the ball up for the first and played it very well for the second. Millen I do not rate still. Dick was a pleasant surprise that he’s played a very good game. CBs looked solid. Quitongo I’m sure spent more time having a hissy fit than he did touching the ball. Overall, a good result.

Seemed like Stanton remembered he can go forward that second half and played a very good 45. I thought gullan was good today, put a hefty shift in, held the ball up for the first and played it very well for the second. Millen I do not rate still. Dick was a pleasant surprise that he’s played a very good game. CBs looked solid. Quitongo I’m sure spent more time having a hissy fit than he did touching the ball. Overall, a good result.

I've seen some cracking good Morton teams over the years and some rank bad ones, but I can't think I've ever seen a more detestable shower of b*****ds than they had on the park today.
Rovers far from great, but it would have been an utter travesty if it had ended up anything other than a home win today.

They are epitomy of their manager…a fuckin wee shithouse.

My highlight of today was when Quitongo tried to knock it past Nolan but took a heavy touch and overran it straight out the park and the South Stand rose in unison to give him dugs abuse. Just one of those beautiful, perfectly unique moments to football. Sounded like a goal had been scored when it trundled out the park and his wee dejected face had to front up to 1400 Rovers fans - women, children and men alike -  giving him it tight. Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Thank f**k.  Very little quality there, but we simply had to win.

Morton are a weird team.  Building their entire game around a throw in that isn't even that threatening.

Did we 'build our game around a throw-in' when we beat you 1-0 at Kirkcaldy earlier this year? Because it's pretty much the exact same team and approach.

I found something much better to do with my Saturday than attend today's game, but the statistics at least suggest that there wasn't a stunning difference between the two teams. A narrow home win is par for the course. Raith fans should really be pleased with a very important win for them without trying to build it up into some sort of season-defining verdict, or an utterly bizarre parable on Corinthian sporting values. 

We likely played at a similar, pretty poor level against Cove and got the win; this week we were punished instead - both games were decided by an odd goal. It'll happen to both teams on a regular basis between now and May - although Raith are in a relatively stronger position than ourselves.  

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Did we 'build our game around a throw-in' when we beat you 1-0 at Kirkcaldy earlier this year? Because it's pretty much the exact same team and approach.

I found something much better to do with my Saturday than attend today's game, but the statistics at least suggest that there wasn't a stunning difference between the two teams. A narrow home win is par for the course. Raith fans should really be pleased with a very important win for them without trying to build it up into some sort of season-defining verdict, or an utterly bizarre parable on Corinthian sporting values. 

We likely played at a similar, pretty poor level against Cove and got the win; this week we were punished instead - both games were decided by an odd goal. It'll happen to both teams on a regular basis between now and May - although Raith are in a relatively stronger position than ourselves.  

Can't really remember much about that match to be honest.  

Its certainly strange when a side wins a throw in in a relatively advanced position, whilst behind, and waits for their left back to trundle across the pitch to take a pointless and harmless throw in - allowing the opposition to organise at the back.

Morton looked much, much better when Strapp went off and they actually had to try and work some opportunities.  

Edited by CALDERON

You didn't build your game around that but it's certainly a big part of how you do appear to want to play. Long balls feeding off scraps, stop the opposition from playing with little niggly fouls. Launch the ball into the box from strapps throw as soon as its in the oppositions half etc. You play to your strengths so can't complain about it much but it does make for a hard watch as a punter.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My highlight of today was when Quitongo tried to knock it past Nolan but took a heavy touch and overran it straight out the park and the South Stand rose in unison to give him dugs abuse. Just one of those beautiful, perfectly unique moments to football. Sounded like a goal had been scored when it trundled out the park and his wee dejected face had to front up to 1400 Rovers fans - women, children and men alike -  giving him it tight. Brilliant. 

I love a bit of seethe and an opposition player getting dugs abuse. It really helps build a bit of camaraderie amongst the support. 

Anyone know what Jamie MacDonald was so annoyed about today? Repeatedly angrily shouting about something towards the bench. 
Just seems to be how he is during a game. He's always moaning about something. Not a bad trait to have in a 'keeper.

Can't really remember much about that match to be honest.  
Its certainly strange when a side wins a throw in in a relatively advanced position, whilst behind, and waits for their left back to trundle across the pitch to take a pointless and harmless throw in - allowing the opposition to organise at the back.
Morton looked much, much better when Strapp went off and they actually had to try and work some opportunities.  

Strapp is fucking gash. I’ve never understood why people rate him.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Strapp is fucking gash. I’ve never understood why people rate him.

Big ol' throw. 

Alan Lithgow is like having an extra player on the pitch. At least in terms of gross tonnage.

52 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You didn't build your game around that but it's certainly a big part of how you do appear to want to play. Long balls feeding off scraps, stop the opposition from playing with little niggly fouls. Launch the ball into the box from strapps throw as soon as its in the oppositions half etc. You play to your strengths so can't complain about it much but it does make for a hard watch as a punter.

It only looks like that when our actual game plan isn't working. Some of your fans have already pointed to half trick pony Quitongo - well getting the ball quickly in behind a defence for him or that waste of skin Kabia to run onto is the plan. Imrie has been consistent so far this season in slaughtering our midfield for not moving the ball quickly enough for that to work. I'm not fully convinced that strategy will get us enough wins over a season - even if the midfield did their job better - but it's clearly plan A. The squad is not strong nor deep enough to have a meaningful plan B, and so feeding off scraps and staying in the game is what's left when that's not working. Quite a few teams are in a similar boat, and four points from three unconvincing performances is not a bad return. 

Raith fans are spot on in stating that our current long throw isn't very effective at all, but the alternative of a short throw to Cameron Blues or some other joke midfielder to carve the opposition open is even less likely to succeed. It's just the least bad of two crap options at the moment. We should be developing far more effective set pieces than we have - that's one area that Imrie and the coaching staff certainly deserve criticism. 

A straightforward look at our starting eleven and options off the bench is much more instructive here. It's just not good enough to reliably impose our game on Championship opponents and so Raith managing to limit it at home to relatively few chances in open play is no revelation. That's not a tactical issue though: the manager's tactics really wouldn't make the top 50 problems at the club right now. 

Edited by vikingTON