By the time of this game it’ll be 266 days since I last saw Rovers win a league game at Starks Park (I missed the Killie game in December). The side we got that victory against were Greenock Morton. It was 2-1 with a cracker of a goal from Ross to win it.

Will we manage a win here?

How are Morton playing? Seems a decent enough start to the season.

Edited by Scary Bear

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Will panic set in down Raith way if they lose this one?

It will for some. I suppose Rovers fans will be gauging us against the opposition and if we are coming up short against everyone, then panic will set in.

If we lose this one then there can be no doubt that we are in a relegation battle this season. Murray has failed to win all but one of his six games in charge and that really can't continue much longer.Β 

Prediction: 1-0 Morton in a game similar to the one towards the end of last season.Β 

Decent start for us getting 4 points from 6. Looking reasonably solid defensively but prone to the odd lapse of concentration or mistake. Midfield is very workmanlike and going forward we have quitongo who offers a physical presence and energy. We are definitely lacking in the last 3rd and could really do with a creative midfielder and a striker but not sure of funds will allow this.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

By the time of this game it’ll be 266 days since I last saw Rovers win a league game at Starks Park (I missed the Killie game in December). The side we got that victory against were Greenock Morton. It was 2-1 with a cracker of a goal from Ross to win it.

Will we manage a win here?

How are Morton playing? Seems a decent enough start to the season.

It’ll be the same Morton as previous seasons never know what team will show up all Iknow is Quintongo is an absolute nuisance for defenders with his strength and speed in behind all we need is a proven goal scorer to work with him rumours are Poplatnik should be singing this week not sure how true this rump is but what do rovers fan think about him working along side a player like quitongo would it work out positively?Β 

Β 

a good 1-0 win against a decent cove team and 4 points from 6 should give the players massive confidence going in to this game with Rovers seeming to have a struggled startΒ 

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Will panic set in down Raith way if they lose this one?

Pretty much. I feel like have to come away from this one with something to show.

Edited by Enigma

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

It’ll be the same Morton as previous seasons never know what team will show up all Iknow is Quintongo is an absolute nuisance for defenders with his strength and speed in behind all we need is a proven goal scorer to work with him rumours are Poplatnik should be singing this week not sure how true this rump is but what do rovers fan think about him working along side a player like quitongo would it work out positively?Β 

Β 

a good 1-0 win against a decent cove team and 4 points from 6 should give the players massive confidence going in to this game with Rovers seeming to have a struggled startΒ 

Where has the Poplatnik info came from?

On us, we look solid enough defensively with Gillespie giving us a bit of composure in front of the back 4. Keeper has done well too. 5 goals conceded in our first 6 games and only 1 defeat suggests we are hard to beat but only scored 6 goals in those games so you can see where our problems lie. Quitongo has impressed a lot but not a natural goalscorer, yesterday he missed a one on one then scored a screamer from 20 yards.

Starting 11 picks itself, would love a striker to come in before Saturday as we have feck all options on the bench to change it but I suspect if we are bringing someone in, we will leave it as long as possible to save paying a wage.

1-1.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Where has the Poplatnik info came from?

On us, we look solid enough defensively with Gillespie giving us a bit of composure in front of the back 4. Keeper has done well too. 5 goals conceded in our first 6 games and only 1 defeat suggests we are hard to beat but only scored 6 goals in those games so you can see where our problems lie. Quitongo has impressed a lot but not a natural goalscorer, yesterday he missed a one on one then scored a screamer from 20 yards.

Starting 11 picks itself, would love a striker to come in before Saturday as we have feck all options on the bench to change it but I suspect if we are bringing someone in, we will leave it as long as possible to save paying a wage.

1-1.

On the Raith rovers Facebook page mate a tend to have a nosey see what’s getting said and I seen that in the comments, would make sense he’s back at livi very unlikely going to get a game for them and with livi dougie connection he could get loaned to us like is said not sure how true it is

With the speed of jai and the nuisance he is to defenders having poplatnik with him could turn out to be a good partnership in the endΒ 

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

On the Raith rovers Facebook page mate a tend to have a nosey see what’s getting said and I seen that in the comments, would make sense he’s back at livi very unlikely going to get a game for them and with livi dougie connection he could get loaned to us like is said not sure how true it is

With the speed of jai and the nuisance he is to defenders having poplatnik with him could turn out to be a good partnership in the endΒ 

Poplatnik is a free agent. He was released by Livi in the summer. He went been to Slovenia to do his pre season training but there was a rumour a week or so ago that he was coming back across to Scotland.Β 

Imrie ended a pretty rotten run of results for us in Kirkcaldy last season but I still think a draw would be absolutely fine here. We've not been great so far and still got points on the board so would take any points from this.

Cant say I’ve really been following their progress but don’t imagine Morton being much of a different proposition from last year.

All due respect n’ that but we need to be focusing on what WE do and imposing ourselves on our opponents far more than we did on Saturday, 1st half especially.

If no new faces arrive beforehand, I would like to see something along the likes of…

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β MacDonald

Β 

Millen Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β O’Riordan Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nolan Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Dick/Ngwenya

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Stanton Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Brown

Β  Β Connolly Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Ross

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Easton

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Gullan

Decent start for us getting 4 points from 6. Looking reasonably solid defensively but prone to the odd lapse of concentration or mistake. Midfield is very workmanlike and going forward we have quitongo who offers a physical presence and energy. We are definitely lacking in the last 3rd and could really do with a creative midfielder and a striker but not sure of funds will allow this.
Just stick Quitongo on Millen and there is your 3 points. Simples.