What businesses will die?

Given the disgusting increase in fuel costs bearing down on us combined with the increase in everything else, all whilst wages lag far, far behind 'inflation', it is inevitable that some businesses will fold, most likely due to increased operating costs combined with reduced sales. The reduced sales will of course be because folk have increasingly less 'disposable income', and so of course won't be able to afford things that getting increasingly more expensive more regularly.

So what industries or businesses are on the way out? Specific sectors and/or individual businesses should be named.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I imagine fly tipping of cadavers due to families unable to afford crematorium prices, ergo crematoria.

They won't die, they'll flourish.

I read somewhere today that Uber has made combined losses of $32 billion dollars since it was incorporated, has never made a profit and Is essentially a con scheme.  Fuel costs and labour market squeezes could push it under.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I read somewhere today that Uber has made combined losses of $32 billion dollars since it was incorporated, has never made a profit and Is essentially a con scheme.  Fuel costs and labour market squeezes could push it under.

was uber not betting on driverless taxis in the near future, no sign yet though

11 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

was uber not betting on driverless taxis in the near future, no sign yet though

They may have said that but I very much doubt that was their plan. Driverless vehicles are a long way off.

Saw this article about the ‘reshoring’ of manufacturing following supply chain disruptions and Brexit.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/08/01/business/england-factory-revival/

The counterpoint is that businesses who rely on offshoring and imports from China will be vulnerable. Most won’t be able to ‘reshore’. 

Touristy places might see a downturn if things get bad. Restaurants,  bars, hotels/self catering places etc might struggle, especially since most of them already charge a fortune.