QP vs Patrick Thistle - Saturday 13 August

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Think you have to designate a certain number of seats

No. Thistle fans in wheelchairs can apply to sit in the designated space, and have, but we don't have to give them seats.

If you want to give away fans seats, that's less for QP fans. You can't argue for away fans to have seats and then  complain that they have them.

I've asked and there won't be any mix of fans on the big terracing or in the stand. The club, though, are open to talk about QP fans standing behind the goal on the right. But that's uncovered and once there, you can't scoot back to the stand if it's pishing down.

Happy to take people's thoughts on it on Saturday.

30 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If you want to give away fans seats, that's less for QP fans. You can't argue for away fans to have seats and then  complain that they have them.

Well, that’s the issue really. The stadium isn’t fit for purpose and it’s yet another failure by our highly paid Chief Executive. My argument is that away fans should have a designated section of seats. You don’t necessarily have to be disabled to struggle to stand for ninety minutes. The issue would be away fans in designated QP sections, as happened last week. It’s fairly obvious what’s going to happen on Saturday and it’s 100% on the club, the Chief Executive in particular.

I don’t think “ach well” and shrugging from us is an acceptable solution for an elderly Thistle fan wanting to come and cheer on their team, whilst younger and more mobile fans pile into the terracing. It’s pretty embarrassing really, but then that’s something we’ve become used to on the issue of stadiums.

An absolute mess that we’ve ended up here, yet there’s been no hands held up and no accountability. Just “we are where we are” and nobody really taking responsibility for why we are where we are. The supply chain and Covid is only part of the issue, and people at the club would like us to think that the disaster of the initial design and subsequent bin fire isn’t the real root problem.

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No. Thistle fans in wheelchairs can apply to sit in the designated space, and have, but we don't have to give them seats.

I've asked and there won't be any mix of fans on the big terracing or in the stand. The club, though, are open to talk about QP fans standing behind the goal on the right. But that's uncovered and once there, you can't scoot back to the stand if it's pishing down.

Not all disabled supporters need to use a wheelchair, but can’t stand for 2 hours plus. How do you cater for them ?

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not all disabled supporters need to use a wheelchair, but can’t stand for 2 hours plus. How do you cater for them ?

The guy buys a home end ticket, recognises that he's in with home fans,  and acts accordingly.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Perhaps Queen's Park should have considered playing at a stadium a bit more suitable for Championship football?

Edited by craigkillie

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Perhaps Queen's Park should have considered playing at a stadium a bit more suitable for Championship football?

You think? We could be here forever talking about this complete and utter Jackie Brambles 

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The suggestion that away fans with non- wheelchair disabilities should have a small amount of seats together in their own bit of the stand is completely different from the stewards waiting until the 90th minute to do something about an able-bodied fan sitting among the QP support acting like a fanny. It's quite important not to conflate the two although I get the point about limited space and welcome the club being open to us using the space behind the other goal, although the restrictions that come with it seem unnecessary. 

Maybe our club shouldn't be giving away so may comps to assorted hanger-ons and "VIPS". That was one of the problems last Friday. Folk getting to their seat to find it occupied by some freelance journalist or lower league manager/coach.

Our fanbase is small and we'll never grow it until we get back to the southside. However I actually think the numbers we've taken to a ground 25 miles outside of Glasgow have been decent so far. The club should never take that for granted but it seems like they can't help themselves at times.

Edited by Mick1867

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The suggestion that away fans with non- wheelchair disabilities should have a small amount of seats together in their own bit of the stand is completely different from the stewards waiting until the 90th minute to do something about an able-bodied fan sitting among the QP support acting like a fanny. It's quite important not to conflate the two although I get the point about limited space and welcome the club being open to us using the space behind the other goal, although the restrictions that come with it seem unnecessary. 

Maybe our club shouldn't be giving away so may comps to assorted hanger-ons and "VIPS". That was one of the problems last Friday. Folk getting to their seat to find it occupied by some freelance journalist or lower league manager/coach.

Our fanbase is small and we'll never grow it until we get back to the southside. However I actually think the numbers we've taken to a ground 25 miles outside of Glasgow have been decent so far. The club should never take that for granted but it seems like they can't help themselves at times.

The instruction to Thistle fans on the Tickets page of the OS is clear enough. However, the stewards were reluctant to get involved last week. I’ve something in my mind that they can get charged for manhandling fan’s these days? It’s also very dangerous at Stenny given how steep the stand is. How the club will enforce ‘ejections’ will be interesting to see. 

Not that I’m inviting any Thistle fans to test the system. Freelance journalists definitely should be hurled.

Reckon the Thistle team will look something like this;

Mitchell 

McMillan Brownlie Holt Milne 

Docherty Bannigan McKinnon 

Fitzpatrick Graham Lawless 

Not necessarily what I’d do but what I think McCall will.

24 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Reckon the Thistle team will look something like this;

Mitchell 

McMillan Brownlie Holt Milne 

Docherty Bannigan McKinnon 

Fitzpatrick Graham Lawless 

Not necessarily what I’d do but what I think McCall will.

Agreed, I don't think McCall rates Sneddon that highly (neither do I tbf) and won't bin Mitchell because of the freak goal last week compared to start of last season where we changed keeper every week at the start to no great benefit. 

Hopefully he has the conviction to split up Bannigan and Docherty but with an away game on a plastic pitch I can see him going with the more defensive combination and keeping the attacking options in the bench.