QP vs Patrick Thistle - Saturday 13 August

4 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Well done today to QP who are a at present a far more settled and organised team than us.Once we settle ,gel and get the chemistry right as a team I think/hope we will be a team to reckon with .Until then we’ll delight and disappoint in equal measures .

As results have shown elsewhere every team is capable or taking points of each other and as yet there is no sign of a runaway leader which makes ,again ,for and interesting and entertaining league.

Think Dundee will win the league quite comfortably in the end.

Bowyer is a decent manager and I have to imagine has the biggest budget by a fair whack.

An enjoyable afternoon; especially after the agony of the collapse the previous week. Some fine performances all over the park.   

My slow walk back to the station was brutal under that early evening sun, so for the players of both teams to put on an entertaining game and maintain a high tempo throughout in that heat must be commended. 

Looking at the highlights in the calm of the morning after it’s obvious we are creating more chances and indeed scoring compared to last year( although big lads like Graham and Holt need to do better with their headers ) ,however,our decent defensive record of last season seems to gone into reverse with glaring central defence deficiencies allowing the likes of QP way ,way too much time in the box.Am hoping once Aero and big Daz are back fully fit we’ll get back on track .Also liked the look of Dowds when he came on in adding that bit of muscle ,presence and menace in front of goal.

We’ll be in the mix at the end for sure .

Edited by I Clavdivs

Obviously can't judge a game from the highlights as it's up to the clubs what they choose to show, but that looked fairly even. Graham seems to miss a free header like that once a game and christ knows what's happened to Akinola, was he murdered after his sending off vs Airdrie and replaced with a lookalike? 

Last year we had a more solid defence as we had two full backs who were very defensive and hopeless going forward, which isn't the case this year. Definitely need to sort out defending set pieces though. 

Honestly couldn’t see anything but a Thistle win after they equalised. Great attitude from us in response. We took our chances and they didn’t is really the story of the game. Fantastic day, for which I’m now suffering. Really decent Thistle support through considering the Edinburgh Fringe is on as well.

33 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Obviously can't judge a game from the highlights as it's up to the clubs what they choose to show, but that looked fairly even. Graham seems to miss a free header like that once a game and christ knows what's happened to Akinola, was he murdered after his sending off vs Airdrie and replaced with a lookalike? 

Last year we had a more solid defence as we had two full backs who were very defensive and hopeless going forward, which isn't the case this year. Definitely need to sort out defending set pieces though. 

I can judge the highlights, because I went to the game and it’s a well documented representation of what happened. Like every week. Five goals, lot’s of near misses, thrills and spills. Both sets of fans doing their best for their team. It was everything you want in a matchday. This Championship Fitba is the berries!

Brilliant match to be at and i actually thought both teams were fairly equal, difference being QP took their chances. Fitzpatrick looked dangerous, always finding good pockets of space. Some really tidy stuff from Thistle during the game, being able to slice through our midfield pretty easily. Thought Thomson was pretty poor, he either looked like he either wasn't capable or didn't know how to undertake  the role he was set in midfield. Didn't offer much defensively and we had Boateng to thank for being a 'midfield'.

On a side note: Boateng, pler.

16 hours ago, milhouse said:

Not realistic. We have 5 x or more the supporter base of Queens Park, even in terms of core diehard supporters. Their record against us is even worse than ours against the Old Firm going back 30-40 years, and that's saying something. I don't think they'll be able to build a significantly larger following in the South Side.

You assume we will be working to the same business model as Thistle, presumably. Maybe there’s other ways.

The loss in confidence/form of Akinola is equally concerning and sad. Prior to getting that ridiculous red card against Airdrie he was up there with the best CB we’d had post-Lindsay. It doesn’t look like he’s on the road to regaining that form and i doubt he’ll be starting next weekend now.

It is way too early to be panicking. It's a disappointing result, were it a disappointing result and performance I might feel differently. Results are going to be up and down all season in this league, there are no "diddy" teams and no guarantee of three points against anyone, not even us.

I do realise there are many in here and in our support in general who either didn't want/ like McCall from the off and others whose patience is being tested but he is there and we need to give him time. He is an experienced manager and for now is the best we have. My concerns are more about the coaching staff and what they are working on for set pieces. All I'm saying is that this is the first bad result, last week was okay but only because we saved a draw late on, but a very successful league cup group. Room for improvement, no need to panic yet.

After what happened against Ayr, I really feared the worst when Thistle equalised but what a response from the lads. I think this is gonna be the season when my heart finally explodes.

I did expect more from Thistle but maybe I've been underestimating the quality we have.  

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

After what happened against Ayr, I really feared the worst when Thistle equalised but what a response from the lads. I think this is gonna be the season when my heart finally explodes.

I did expect more from Thistle but maybe I've been underestimating the quality we have.  

It’s been madness, so far. Every single game has been entertaining in some way. Even the one we shat ourselves was undeniably a great spectacle. Would love to get a full season out of Murray. Superb under Coyle.