QP vs Patrick Thistle - Saturday 13 August

Disappointing result for Thistle today and a calamitous collapse by the chaps in the black and white taps on Friday night. 

Both teams will look for a better result in Larbert. 

Thistle should really have beaten the Accies but left it too late.

Goodness knows what Queen's Park were doing, letting a 2-0 lead slip against Ayr?

Anyway, still top of the league and another away win will keep us on track.

QP 1 Patrick Thistle 2

Fully expect Thistle to be top four this year. Dundee look better equipped for the title but our old pal McCall will get the most from his team.

As for this fixture, so many broken bits after Friday night it’s hard to figure out what we’ll do. Bizarrely, the goal scoring weakness we had last season seems to have reversed, but so too has the stoic defence. Maybe instead of 1-1 draws we’ll have a season of 2-2 draws. I’ll take that on Saturday.

38 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No really, no. 

The BBC will no doubt show one of these matches later on in the season and try to promote it as one though, even if neither set of supporters actually sees it that way. 

It might become a derby if we're at the same level for a few years (and obviously when QP move back to the South Side that will help) but we've only had 2 seasons (1982/83 and 2000/01) where the clubs have been in the same league since the formation of the Premier League in 1975 so there's not been enough games between the clubs in living memory.

Would probably be more bad feeling if they were still sharing at Firhill.

That said, it'll still be a tough game, despite their collapse on Friday I think QP will be closer to the top of the league than the bottom come May although they haven't gone full Gretna baws-oot spending on players like I thought they might.

Hopefully the fact we've already played a competitive game on that pitch this season will help.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is this seen as a derby?

Pure hatred between both camps. Primal Scream v Belle and Sebastian, Vicky Road v Great Western Road, the Glasgow accent v the Glasgow Uni accent. The tension will be palpable.

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Pure hatred between both camps. Primal Scream v Belle and Sebastian, Vicky Road v Great Western Road, the Glasgow accent v the Glasgow Uni accent. The tension will be palpable.

Partick fans are all a bit 'soft' but QP fans will be held back by the fact they're all about 83.

It's a surefire schlobberknocker.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is this seen as a derby?

As the Ne’erday fixture is QP v Thistle I’d say the SPFL see it that way. And if it’s at Lesser then it might feel that way. Calling it a Glasgow Derby and playing at Stenhousemuir is just nonsense. On the plus side, both teams have particularly unique and stylish strips this season and that’s important these days.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Hopefully Akinola will be fit enough to start for this one, I was really disappointed with Saturday but I guess you have to look at the guys playing out of position and maybe that contributes to how disjointed we looked.

I worry that if we go behind Queen’s Park will sit in and defend and we were lucky to get a goal back against Hamilton imo, need to start quickly and try and get an early goal! 

Genuinely wondering how we will line up if we have a fit Centre back to play along side Holt. I’d drop Banzo and stick Turner in ahead of Doch and McKinnon. Anyway if it’s a End to end game I fancy us taking the points.

Queens Park have a very good team, they play fast flowing football with everyone wanting on the ball. They seemed to collapse a bit in the second half against us when we got in their faces, the fast flowing football stopped and they just seemed happy to clear their lines. I'm not sure how Thistle play but if it's a fast shutting down gameplan then you have a chance, stand off Queens and I think Thistle will lose.

8 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

If only...

I watched the game on Friday I can’t see a repeat of that happening if they go ahead. That was just a complete momentum shift, QP players will have had a swift kick in the sacks after that, reminded me of so many Thistle performances actually.

2 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

I worry that if we go behind Queen’s Park will sit in and defend and we were lucky to get a goal back against Hamilton imo, need to start quickly and try and get an early goal! 

We weren’t lucky to get a goal back vs Accies, it was a good move and a good finish from Brian after we’d had a number of chances but failed to convert. We definitely were deserving of our point come the full time whistle. 

I agree about an early goal but pretty much every fan of every team would aspire for similar. 

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

I watched the game on Friday I can’t see a repeat of that happening if they go ahead. That was just a complete momentum shift, QP players will have had a swift kick in the sacks after that, reminded me of so many Thistle performances actually.

You really do post some amount of rubbish.