Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dundee were excellent off the ball when they had the ball, if that makes sense. You could see it so well from behind the goals. They pulled us all over the joint, our midfield was all over the place and the defenders were stepping in there. They had total control of the game in spells. They were running directly at our back 4 time after time 

I'd agree with that and much better than anything we saw under McPake in the same league with a superstar playing so presumably we have a better game plan.

On the downside our keeper doesn't look ready for week in week out pressure.

Worryingly or the first time in a long time our defence look comfortable on the ball but hopeless without it.

14 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Watching that tonight.. that’s why we were disappointed to lose Rudden when we did. He’s a handful when he plays like that. 

Reckon....thought he was worse than hopeless 

We’re definitely improving. Very encouraging to score 4 against Arbroath. Was impressed with them and easy to see why they’ve done so well the last number of seasons. Really good away crowd too, slightly more than Thistle and more vocal too IMO.

Bowyer acknowledged we’ve got far more to give which is also encouraging. 

Josh Mulligan, ooooft!

McGowan, what a player he’s been for us. His experience is vital to the team, and technically he’s still class.

Edited by Liam899

The most encouraging thing for me is that we are a team that still look like we are playing in the lower gears. Defence still needs a lot of work but some of our attacking play is brilliant to watch which is something we couldn't say for the past few seasons. 

28 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

We’re definitely improving. Very encouraging to score 4 against Arbroath. Was impressed with them and easy to see why they’ve done so well the last number of seasons. Really good away crowd too, slightly more than Thistle and more vocal too IMO.

Bowyer acknowledged we’ve got far more to give which is also encouraging. 

Josh Mulligan, ooooft!

McGowan, what a player he’s been for us. His experience is vital to the team, and technically he’s still class.

Not dissing Dundee at all that Arbroath team is completely depleted compared to what they had last season. But the boy Mulligan is excellent, especially when he is getting Dundee up the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Not dissing Dundee at all that Arbroath team is completely depleted compared to what they had last season. But the boy Mulligan is excellent, especially when he is getting Dundee up the pitch. 

Massive amount of pressure on Patrick later today. Can they handle it?

7 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

4 mistake s from Arbroath, which is very unlike us.Hopefully a striker or two to come in yet as we don t really have a striker,and a midfielder.I thought Arbroath done well against the favourite s for the league.

33 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yer presenter man on the BBC kept going on about the 'fairy tale' after the game.

Strange comment indeed.

I knew this backlash would come.  People were obsessed with us last season, and now those exact same people are desperate for us to fail.  The whole thing is just a media construct!

This season, I'm looking forward to us no longer being media darlings, and being just another team again.

Dundee were the better team and deserved their 3 points - Arbroath's defence were unusually all over the place, I doubt any other team will score 4 against them this season ( just had a really off game).

Also thought the Dundee players seemed sharper and quicker - they looked like contenders to win the league.

Having said that, Arbroath will be bringing in a few players soon - if we get the new signings required ( a striker, attacking mid-fielder and winger)  we will be up and running.

I think we will beat Dundee this season - but last night Dundee were worthy winners.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Decent side Arbroath, will be fine again. IMO.

Yeah, think they'll finish in the play-off spots if they cut out the daft mistakes and play like they did last night. Good, industrial team. Could lay off the hacking a bit, but it's what makes them different.