Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Gaston had an unusually poor game, and it seems that playing without a striker doesnt help.

Gats had a howler at the 2nd goal.

Still totally top keeper

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Did yer boy just say 'fucking' in his interview there?

I believe that he did.

I'm not sure that he attended the media training day.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Stick your 'fairy tale' up your arse.

Campbell wittering on about 'football purists'. Fucking hell.

He was being interviewed by a female.

What he really meant was plain to see.

4 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Very. The one which sounds like Billy boys is infinitely worse than the putting on a show one though. 

"sounds like" is basically the BB's but up to our knees in Arab blood.  Directed at DABS obviously rather than papes and kaffliks (like me) but then drags us in to the world of Israeli/Palestinian politics even if nothing to do with it. You can never take politics out of Dundee!

Just now, DUAFC said:

Seen Hancock twice.  Hammys streets ahead with or without pace....

I dont think its fair to judge Hancock on tonight.  And I'm not saying he's the better player.  But there is a case to be made for a bit of rotation throughout the season.

I wouldnt have played him tonight though, that line up was all kinds of wrong!

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I believe that he did.

I'm not sure that he attended the media training day.

I thought so too but didn't want to rewind to check. Must be awful having to do interviews especially when your younger and inexperienced. 

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I dont think its fair to judge Hancock on tonight.  And I'm not saying he's the better player.  But there is a case to be made for a bit of rotation throughout the season.

I wouldnt have played him tonight though, that line up was all kinds of wrong!

Clues in "seen him twice...."

Hopefully he can kick on however 

He looks like he can cover at left back when we need him. So far definitely not at left midfield where Henderson played a decent defensive role, so hopefully Dick will have to play one of our 3 wingers on the left and go for it.

4 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Not a good couple days for you mate,Dabs getting pumped now tonight smokies getting beat.football a funny old game...😎

21 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

"sounds like" is basically the BB's but up to our knees in Arab blood.  Directed at DABS obviously rather than papes and kaffliks (like me) but then drags us in to the world of Israeli/Palestinian politics even if nothing to do with it. You can never take politics out of Dundee!

I remember "no pubs like ours in Dundeeon advertising hoardings at Dens in the late 1970's/early 1980's. Was a night game and Dens was being used as a neutral ground for a cup match (Aberdeen v Hibs?)

Under the yellowish floodlights Dundee had at the time, it looked like "no p  l  o  in Dundee"

That was in the George Galloway days in the City Chambers, mind you...

Arbroath last season was unlikely to be a regular thing. Anything above 8th is still a great effort for a part-time side, although I get that expectations will be raised.

Also, the bleating about the "Putting On A Show" chant is miles more embarrassing than the chant itself.

Mulligan is a pler. Grayson looks very decent. Marshall questionable yet again along with the rest of the defence - needs addressed before it costs us big. Legzdins needs to come in as soon as he is able.

Decent support from Arbroath and I've got a lot of admiration for them from the efforts of last season. I did not admire your clear strategy to boot everything and everyone in sight, most notably Mulligan.