Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

Just now, DUAFC said:

Seen Hancock twice.  Hammys streets ahead with or without pace....

I dont think its fair to judge Hancock on tonight.  And I'm not saying he's the better player.  But there is a case to be made for a bit of rotation throughout the season.

I wouldnt have played him tonight though, that line up was all kinds of wrong!

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I believe that he did.

I'm not sure that he attended the media training day.

I thought so too but didn't want to rewind to check. Must be awful having to do interviews especially when your younger and inexperienced. 

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I dont think its fair to judge Hancock on tonight.  And I'm not saying he's the better player.  But there is a case to be made for a bit of rotation throughout the season.

I wouldnt have played him tonight though, that line up was all kinds of wrong!

Clues in "seen him twice...."

Hopefully he can kick on however 

He looks like he can cover at left back when we need him. So far definitely not at left midfield where Henderson played a decent defensive role, so hopefully Dick will have to play one of our 3 wingers on the left and go for it.

4 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Not a good couple days for you mate,Dabs getting pumped now tonight smokies getting beat.football a funny old game...😎

21 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

"sounds like" is basically the BB's but up to our knees in Arab blood.  Directed at DABS obviously rather than papes and kaffliks (like me) but then drags us in to the world of Israeli/Palestinian politics even if nothing to do with it. You can never take politics out of Dundee!

I remember "no pubs like ours in Dundeeon advertising hoardings at Dens in the late 1970's/early 1980's. Was a night game and Dens was being used as a neutral ground for a cup match (Aberdeen v Hibs?)

Under the yellowish floodlights Dundee had at the time, it looked like "no p  l  o  in Dundee"

That was in the George Galloway days in the City Chambers, mind you...

Arbroath last season was unlikely to be a regular thing. Anything above 8th is still a great effort for a part-time side, although I get that expectations will be raised.

Also, the bleating about the "Putting On A Show" chant is miles more embarrassing than the chant itself.

Mulligan is a pler. Grayson looks very decent. Marshall questionable yet again along with the rest of the defence - needs addressed before it costs us big. Legzdins needs to come in as soon as he is able.

Decent support from Arbroath and I've got a lot of admiration for them from the efforts of last season. I did not admire your clear strategy to boot everything and everyone in sight, most notably Mulligan. 

I remember "no pubs like ours in Dundee" on advertising hoardings at Dens in the late 1970's/early 1980's. Was a night game and Dens was being used as a neutral ground for a cup match (Aberdeen v Hibs?)
Under the yellowish floodlights Dundee had at the time, it looked like "no p  l  o  in Dundee"
That was in the George Galloway days in the City Chambers, mind you...

Cool story - except it was at at Tannadice. The banner read No Pub Like Ours in Dundee. But the PLO were in a daylo colour. It was spotted through the TV cameras before the game started and taken down.

Mulligan is a pler. Grayson looks very decent. Marshall questionable yet again along with the rest of the defence - needs addressed before it costs us big. Legzdins needs to come in as soon as he is able.
Decent support from Arbroath and I've got a lot of admiration for them from the efforts of last season. I did not admire your clear strategy to boot everything and everyone in sight, most notably Mulligan. 

Agree re the booting although we need a bit more of that too. In the next game Low needs a right good shoeing.

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Cool story - except it was at at Tannadice.

I didn't realise that Tannadice had a strangely offset Archibald Leitch main stand.

I'm not 100% sure who was playing, but I was definitely standing on the open terracing between the Derry & the Provy

EDITED TO ADD: Galloway himself claims it was at Hampden. That's even more nonsensical than the claim it was at Tannadice

Edited by lichtgilphead

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Stick your 'fairy tale' up your arse.

Campbell wittering on about 'football purists'. Fucking hell.

Trust me, none of us liked the fairy tale shit we were getting last season either. Also… that was last season? Last season is over 

Strange comment 

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I do think that perhaps we are focusing too much on our failings, and not giving enough credit to Dundee.  They looked good going forward, and I can't remember the last time a league team made our defence look that shaky.  Probably distracted by the sight of McGowan's hair.

Dundee were excellent off the ball when they had the ball, if that makes sense. You could see it so well from behind the goals. They pulled us all over the joint, our midfield was all over the place and the defenders were stepping in there. They had total control of the game in spells. They were running directly at our back 4 time after time 

Edited by 1320Lichtie