Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well intentioned but a bit of a daft one to be asking the club if the fans can clap during the game IMO.

He's just trying to get the club to make the 62nd minute the official mark of respect is he not?  

10 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

If you boys beat us tonight, this thread will have more Dabs than a sale at Dobbies

Always search for ‘Arbroath’ on my Twitter to see any articles or transfer gossip etc and since 9pm last night it’s just full of United fans tweeting stuff like… 

‘Enjoy Arbroath tomorrow!!! It’s your big derby’ 

Etc, etc. At least no matter what happens tonight it’ll not be as embarrassing as that game last night for either set of fans. That was an absolute disgrace

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Always search for ‘Arbroath’ on my Twitter to see any articles or transfer gossip etc and since 9pm last night it’s just full of United fans tweeting stuff like… 

‘Enjoy Arbroath tomorrow!!! It’s your big derby’ 

Etc, etc. At least no matter what happens tonight it’ll not be as embarrassing as that game last night for either set of fans. That was an absolute disgrace

They have short memories. It was only a couple of years ago you beat them at Tannadice.

I mind going up to Dens Park (i think 1979/80 season) and the Dee was going for the league and sure they needed 1 point from their last 3 games to wrap up the title and had never been beaten at home all season, for some reason the game was played on a Sunday and there was well over 10,000 at Dens, the Red Lichties were housed in the terracing in front of the old stand but we never knew that at the time and had been drinking in the pubs up the Hulltoon and went in that terracing behind the goal and quickly realised we was in the wrong end so put our maroon/white scarfs under our Levi jackets and Crombies but when Fletcher (who signed for them a few months later) scored we started celebrating which never went down well with the Dundee Hoods lol.

Sure we won 2-0 that day.

Smokies & Wine 36-0 Ya Bass!  

Tonight at Dens is a good place for Arbroath to get their first 3 points of the season - I would like to see both Fosu and Sir Bobby Linn on the score sheet please.

Suspect there will be very little between the two teams, but leaning towards an away win.

Prediction 1-2 Arbroath.

C'mon the 'broath.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:
Show of hands please, how many Dundee fans have been told to ‘enjoy Arbroath at home tomorrow / today!’ by a distraught United fan?

It's FAF!

I saw one saying we should enjoy playing Brechin this season, FFS daft chunt doesn't even know they've been demoted to the Northern league. Another said it was a freak result and they will split the Old Firm this season. Oh meh sides

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Guaranteed away win after the amount of Dee hilarity at Utd's Dutch misadventure.

Yeah, we never get to laugh long. Arbroath win guaranteed as our laughs have definitely been heard by the forces above.

As for DAB retorts, my mate still hasn't shown his face. I've sent him every meme and video but held back the Barry singing one as it's inevitable when he gets out his bed what his attempted comeback will be.

1 minute ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Cash only at the gate. No card. No online tickets. Some amateur operation going on.

Go post that in our Partick Thistle match thread if you want to discuss that. Been done to death.

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I mind going up to Dens Park (i think 1979/80 season) and the Dee was going for the league and sure they needed 1 point from their last 3 games to wrap up the title and had never been beaten at home all season, for some reason the game was played on a Sunday and there was well over 10,000 at Dens, the Red Lichties were housed in the terracing in front of the old stand but we never knew that at the time and had been drinking in the pubs up the Hulltoon and went in that terracing behind the goal and quickly realised we was in the wrong end so put our maroon/white scarfs under our Levi jackets and Crombies but when Fletcher (who signed for them a few months later) scored we started celebrating which never went down well with the Dundee Hoods lol.

Sure we won 2-0 that day.

Smokies & Wine 36-0 Ya Bass!  

Was there and pretty sure Davie Dodds, who was on loan from the DABs, scored the other.