Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

5 minutes ago, mountzionbrae said:

Some St Johnstone supporters have announced that they will not be going to Rangers this weekend due to the price of tickets.  Dundee are charging Arbroath supporters an extortionate £24 on Friday night when the match is live on the BBC.  Should Arbroath supporters just stay at home, watch the game on TV and keep the cash? 

Taking away the prices I think in general just now away games are harder to do for fans. Regardless of it being 24 and 10 or 20 and 8 everything is incredibly dear just now and people are feeling the crunch.

But please can we not get started on this subject again. It’s been done, read back 

Right, enough of this talking about the fermers pish; Let's get these fishy-smelling, Danny McGrain-worshipping, gale-force-wind-tossed media darlings punted back into the sea on Friday night. Let's unleash our new signing from Barrow (!) and stuff them 6-0 before a celebratory pizza crunch supper, pickled onion, brown sauce and a bottle of Irn-Bru.

Alternatively, squeak our way to a 1-1 draw after being utter gash for 89 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I like Arbroath. For years consistently punching above their budget and weight. Genuinely expecting this to be one of those games that feels much longer than 90. A win would be mega but by no means expected.

Cheers mate. But think that’s something else that’s over exaggerated when it comes to us especially last season where the fairy tale stuff was getting banded about on a weekly basis, I reckon our budget will be very healthy...  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 hours ago, mountzionbrae said:

Some St Johnstone supporters have announced that they will not be going to Rangers this weekend due to the price of tickets.  Dundee are charging Arbroath supporters an extortionate £24 on Friday night when the match is live on the BBC.  Should Arbroath supporters just stay at home, watch the game on TV and keep the cash? 

Nobody cares if Arbroath fans stay at home.  The thousands upon thousands of Dundee fans rocking the Derry after our 3rd goal goes in will lose more money in the mayhem than the £240 your 10 fans would have given us.

Watching on the BBC is actually tempting considering I’m not making a night out of it but will drive through, pay my £24 purely in the hope that something magic happens. How good would it be for Bobby to score the winner or something, we have had our moments across the road at Tannadice.

That Wighton winner one of my favourite games of all time supporting Arbroath especially after the previous league game at Tannadice earlier in the season where we were 1-0 up going Into the 90th minute before the Shankland shambles. That Wighton goal was one of the sweetest moments in recent memory. 

You do not get that same feeling when watching games on a television

At Dens the only real memory I’ve got is us barely laying a glove and watching Declan McDaid of all people run the show. McKenna also missed a penalty to put us 1-0 up in Covid times. I actually can’t even remember the last 2 games there aside from that. We’ve been beat 1-0 and 2-0 and I cannot remember a thing about either match.

Dens has been shite for us we are surely due something.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

23 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I just watched the highlights from the Raith v Dundee game at weekend. Raith caused them a whole lot of problems

That’s true but also unlikely to happen this Friday. 

Because Arbroath are fucking shite. 

3 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

That’s true but also unlikely to happen this Friday. 

Because Arbroath are fucking shite. 

Lacking going forward just now but in last couple of seasons seen us play well and win at basically every other ground in the league minus Hearts. And Dundee are nowhere near the level of that Hearts side

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Lacking going forward just now but in last couple of seasons seen us play well and win at basically every other ground in the league minus Hearts. And Dundee are nowhere near the level of that Hearts side

The Dee might indeed not be at that Jambo level. Yet, my question to you is are you better or worse than say the 1-0 home win v Killie last winter. (A match I enjoyed despite getting the full Gayfield environmental experience 😝)

11 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

The Dee might indeed not be at that Jambo level. Yet, my question to you is are you better or worse than say the 1-0 home win v Killie last winter. (A match I enjoyed despite getting the full Gayfield environmental experience 😝)

Same team really minus Nouble/Hamilton or whoever was uptop. But we’ve won away at every other ground except Tynecastle and Dens in this division including a win in Paisley just a few weeks ago. It always pisses me off how bad we’ve been against you I get it tight from boys in work about it 😂

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

For those going to the game, there'll be a minute's applause in the 62nd minute to commemorate Pat Liney, Dundee's league-winning goalkeeper who has just passed away.

RIP

Legendary status that winning the top league at a club like Dundee 

Must admit, prefer doing that sort of stuff before the game rather than during a certain moment during the game. 

Would be absolutely ruined if there's a goal or a shite refereeing decision or the like. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit, prefer doing that sort of stuff before the game rather than during a certain moment during the game. 

Would be absolutely ruined if there's a goal or a shite refereeing decision or the like. 

That's always my worry too. 

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The club is happy with both, but the one before the game starts will be the 'proper' one.

Well intentioned but a bit of a daft one to be asking the club if the fans can clap during the game IMO.