Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

20 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Arbroath last beat us in 1979. At Dens and it was 0-2.

I was there, Jim Shirra, went through Terry Wilson from behind, Wilson was half the size of Shirra, the bold Terry got back in his feet, smacked Shirra in the pus, put him on his arse, ref sent them both off, seemed fair 

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

I was there, Jim Shirra, went through Terry Wilson from behind, Wilson was half the size of Shirra, the bold Terry got back in his feet, smacked Shirra in the pus, put him on his arse, ref sent them both off, seemed fair 

Jim Shirra, we swapped Strachan for him, wonderful.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Jim Shirra, we swapped Strachan for him, wonderful.

Think there was a bit of cash as well, but Shirra was a hammer thrower 

16 minutes ago, TheGeorgian said:

Hard to believe that Nelmco is charging £24 for this game. A game against Arbroath, in the Championship and on cooncil TV.

And still will get the highest crowd in the league this weekend.

Box office.

I just watched the highlights from the Raith v Dundee game at weekend. Raith caused them a whole lot of problems, early days but I think the Killie side of the second half of last season looks a whole lot better than the Dundee one currently. Made me a lot more optimistic for Friday.....

So on that note... 3-0 Dundee

Edited by 1320Lichtie

27 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m hoping Ashcroft is back for French.

I must be the only one who likes French 😂 I thought he played well against Raith. If we judged Ashcroft on his first few games then he wouldn’t be near the side. He’s the type of player who needs games otherwise he’s pretty ragged.  I’d stick with the backline for this one and try to build some momentum. 

Healthy competition though. Ashcroft’s return will keep everyone on their toes as French can also play full back I believe. 

Would love to see us go with two up top and try to put pressure on their defence as would be a tall order for a sole striker. 

Some St Johnstone supporters have announced that they will not be going to Rangers this weekend due to the price of tickets.  Dundee are charging Arbroath supporters an extortionate £24 on Friday night when the match is live on the BBC.  Should Arbroath supporters just stay at home, watch the game on TV and keep the cash?