Dundee V Arbroath Fri 12-Aug 7.45.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The stadium is of much higher quality......

😂 It's a Shed.....excuse the pun !!

That old stand is falling to bits.  Have you upgraded the bench effect in the "derry" yet ?

Suggest you cut your loses and move to the Campy Noo pronto !!

55 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Obviously one of the Dundee jester's.

Perhaps 50 years ago Dens had some character and could be described as an old skool ground - but that was half a century ago - today it is bordering on being a dump ( even my Dundee mates who support the Dee and are season ticket holders agree to this).

I agree that Dundee are favourites to win the league ( but that will be easier said than done) - but suggesting that Dens is a ground of "high quality" is embarrassing.

The match itself is too finely balanced to call - Arbroath are struggling to find their shooting boots, but we have one of the best defences in the league, so don't expect too many goals in this game.

I didn't call it high quality I said it's of a higher quality than your ground. Am I wrong?

You would expect to pay more for seating as is the case in any ground which has seating and standing available. The extra for three bodies from the example above already takes the price above £30 if its £25 at Gayfield.

Add in the increased costs for policing with a higher crowd etc for the club and you're getting closer to the £44 by the minute.

£10 for a kid isn't bad IMO although could be cheaper for u12s. What's the current prices for cinemas etc?

£24 for an adult is only a couple of pound out what I'd have championship football at.

If its all too much for you sit at home in the comfort of your house whilst adding onto your energy prices with the poke of chips you've earned off the savings of not attending Dens.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

That old stand is falling to bits.  Have you upgraded the bench effect in the "derry" yet ?

Fucking irony here from the closet DAB, you'd need to be Douglas Bader to fit into your stand, and even then you can't see all the pitch. I also don't think the Archibald Leitch architectural masterpiece would be allowed to open if it were 'falling to bits'.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

You're behind the goal why are you bothered about the home end you fucking turnip.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I wouldn't go near as far as saying Dens is of particularly high quality currently... but mate, you frequent Gayfield Park 😆 Never has there been a colder, more miserable ground.

If the weathers cold and shite, the ground is obviously going to be cold no matter where it is? 

I find being stuck sitting in a seat to be more Baltic than being able to stand and move around personally. It was windyish on Saturday but in the terracing I was in you would have never known. Sufficiently sheltered.

This thread is already going the way of the Inverness one last week. Atleast it’ll be over a day earlier this time around with the Friday kick off

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If the weathers cold and shite, the ground is obviously going to be cold no matter where it is? 

Aye, but most other grounds aren't planted directly beside the sea where the weather is more extreme. It's a great advantage for Arbroath and is probably nice on a summer's day (which I have never experienced there), but far more often it's just an utter misery to be in with that sea "breeze".

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye, but most other grounds aren't planted directly beside the sea where the weather is more extreme. It's a great advantage for Arbroath and is probably nice on a summer's day (which I have never experienced there), but far more often it's just an utter misery to be in with that sea "breeze".

On a good summers day folk will sunbathe on the terracing corners.

Don’t get me wrong I have had a few days where it’s been incredibly baltic and miserable at Gayfield but overall I don’t really see there being any more of them than days I’ve been baltic and miserable at away grounds. Baltic and miserable just Immediately makes me think of Dumbarton, Broadwood and Morton.

The Gayfield wind and overall experience is definitely massively exaggerated though. Usually only get 3 or 4 home games a season where it’s bad.  

Some read so far guys, great effort from all involved. 

Team wise I’d replace Donnelly with Shanks, don’t think LD played particularly badly against Inverness but would rather drop McKenna back into midfield and have Shanks up top. 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I didn't call it high quality I said it's of a higher quality than your ground. Am I wrong?

Yes, indeed you are totally wrong.

I think Gayfield and Somerset Park are probably the best old skool, traditional grounds in the Championship - these grounds have character, tradition, history and style.

I don't care if you prefer Dens - I think most football minded people would agree that Dens has been in steep decline since the 70s.

10 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Some read so far guys, great effort from all involved. 

Team wise I’d replace Donnelly with Shanks, don’t think LD played particularly badly against Inverness but would rather drop McKenna back into midfield and have Shanks up top. 

Agree with all of this especially that first part

49 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
I wouldn't go near as far as saying Dens is of particularly high quality currently... but mate, you frequent Gayfield Park emoji38.png Never has there been a colder, more miserable ground.

New Bayview is far colder and miserable.

+1 for New Bayview. 
See also Dumbarton’s ground for the miserable factor. 

36 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Yes, indeed you are totally wrong.

I think Gayfield and Somerset Park are probably the best old skool, traditional grounds in the Championship - these grounds have character, tradition, history and style.

I don't care if you prefer Dens - I think most football minded people would agree that Dens has been in steep decline since the 70s.

Ah, so you think your decaying stadiums are old skool. Fair enough, that's one way to put it. You're right about Somerset but i'm afraid Gayfield is simply an average junior looking ground which will hopefully be undersea in years to come when global warmings impact increases. 

If you want to talk about character, history and tradition then i'd give you the Archibald Leich Main Stand and South Enclosure at Dens Park which has been standing since the days of Dundee's European heroics, league winning 1962 side and into the modern era housing players such as Cannigia and Eddie Mearns. 

That's history son; not a washed up wee shitehole where Celtic and Rangers locals visit to cheer on their local side when they can be arsed. A wee fishing village that's stadium doesn't need to be increased because your future is to remain as a part time non entity. Half your play off attendance was fans of other teams coming to cheer you along because you mean that little to everyone. 

You can give it big licks against the likes of Inverness about your so called heritage but you're with the big boys this week. 

Thank you. 

31 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Ah, so you think your decaying stadiums are old skool. Fair enough, that's one way to put it. You're right about Somerset but i'm afraid Gayfield is simply an average junior looking ground which will hopefully be undersea in years to come when global warmings impact increases. 

If you want to talk about character, history and tradition then i'd give you the Archibald Leich Main Stand and South Enclosure at Dens Park which has been standing since the days of Dundee's European heroics, league winning 1962 side and into the modern era housing players such as Cannigia and Eddie Mearns. 

That's history son; not a washed up wee shitehole where Celtic and Rangers locals visit to cheer on their local side when they can be arsed. A wee fishing village that's stadium doesn't need to be increased because your future is to remain as a part time non entity. Half your play off attendance was fans of other teams coming to cheer you along because you mean that little to everyone. 

You can give it big licks against the likes of Inverness about your so called heritage but you're with the big boys this week. 

Thank you. 

🤣🤣

Jesus Christ someone is upset.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

into the modern era housing players such as Cannigia 

That's history son

Was that before you went into administration the first time or the second time ??

Now "That's history son"