RCFC v Celtic - 06/08/22

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

Why do Old Firm fans have such an issue with 3pm kick-offs (or more specifically, 3pm kick-offs for away games)?

Think of the poor Celtic fans in the Keg who couldn't watch it if it's on at 3PM.

Rewatched Sportscene sober and the second and third goals are so, so preventable. A terrible kick from Laidlaw set off the sequence for the 2nd and the third was a player arsing around with the ball when he should have just gotten rid.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Think of the poor Celtic fans in the Keg who couldn't watch it if it's on at 3PM.

Rewatched Sportscene sober and the second and third goals are so, so preventable. A terrible kick from Laidlaw set off the sequence for the 2nd and the third was a player arsing around with the ball when he should have just gotten rid.

Putting the press on a player in his own half is what Ange's Celtic is all about,Celtic players hunt in packs when we lose the ball the third was perfect for that but the one touch and movement after getting it back was impressive plus a great finish.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Putting the press on a player in his own half is what Ange's Celtic is all about,Celtic players hunt in packs when we lose the ball the third was perfect for that but the one touch and movement after getting it back was impressive plus a great finish.

Aye, and that's a big part of top level football now. The County player had two chances to get rid of it and failed miserably and we were punished.

That's the breaks of it, sometimes.

The Scotsman slandering the greatest fans in the world?

Celtic reaction: Truly toxic chants sour afternoon as first-timer displays finery and talisman earns boost

There was no escaping the vile and repellent element of the afternoon as Celtic won 3-1 away at Ross County

Immediate action needed to deal with vile behaviour

There is a section of Celtic’s away support that, frankly, no longer appear to possess basic common decency. A chant borrowing the tune of Abba’s Super Trooper that glories in the deaths of Rangers figures Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell and Andy Goram was to be heard grotesquely loud and clear at half time of the club’s victory in the Global Energy Stadium.

51 minutes ago, bennett said:

Celtic reaction: Truly toxic chants sour afternoon as first-timer displays finery and talisman earns boost

There was no escaping the vile and repellent element of the afternoon as Celtic won 3-1 away at Ross County

There is a section of Celtic’s away support that, frankly, no longer appear to possess basic common decency. A chant borrowing the tune of Abba’s Super Trooper that glories in the deaths of Rangers figures Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell and Andy Goram was to be heard grotesquely loud and clear at half time of the club’s victory in the Global Energy Stadium.

Good. More of this bile needs to be called out by the press. 

16 hours ago, bennett said:

It's good to see you keeping the newspapers alive Zippy when it's a dead industry,it's all about sevco on a Celtic thread. 

It was a very intriguing game I thought. The way Malky set the team up was very clever; it stopped Juranovic and Taylor getting any space whenever they floated into the middle. Going man for man and having a centre half spare also meant that when Celtic did bring the ball out from the back, there was few options for Jenz and CCV. CCV must’ve had >200 touches in the game and about 3/4 shots himself. It did mean, however we had no out ball when we won it back hence the subs at half time.

The first goal is just unbelievable feet from Jota. Maybe the marking could’ve been better but ultimately it was probably the first time in the match we’d been carved open properly. We get ourselves back in the game through the header and then seemed to have Celtic rocked for a small period. The two goals at the end are gutters though. Celtic’s second is so so preventable. How many times do we see them take a short corner to get play going again. We did well in the first half in terms of getting 2 out quickly to halt a short corner but the tired legs stop us from getting out and ultimately we were punished. Johnson and Tillson over play for the third goal but it’s a lovely finish from Abada.

You can’t deny Celtic the win as they were/are the superior side, but I think our resoluteness and defensive organisation deserved a point. Would like to see us have more of a go in the cup game against them as I feel like they are definitely there for the taking when we play them in Dingwall. Must get something from Paisley next week though.

ETA: apologies for being a knob and I’m not being a jobsworth but Jenz should’ve been sent off. On a booking, he scores then runs into the crowd. Not a yellow card I agree with in football but if he’d not been booked already the referee definitely books him for that. Again, excuses excuses but worth noting.

18 hours ago, bennett said:

It’s okay we’ll just whinge non-stop until they send us a grovelling apology.

On 07/08/2022 at 16:38, bennett said:

Disappointing that Walter Smith is included in that song, he was, by all accounts a decent man and he carried Tommy Burns coffin at his funeral so he has nothing but respect for me. 

The other three though... 🙊

Wait, wee drew is justifying this song but greeted like a b*tch about the Rangers players singing sweet Caroline at a title party and genuinely thought that Glen Kamara was signing "f**k the pope"? Riddy

21 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Wait, wee drew is justifying this song but greeted like a b*tch about the Rangers players singing sweet Caroline at a title party and genuinely thought that Glen Kamara was signing "f**k the pope"? Riddy

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Tell me that you are devoid of any human compassion and your thoughts are dictated by the team you support without telling me that you are devoid of any human compassion and your thoughts are dictated by the team you support.

Grown men (presumably) justifying which people should be included in a song celebrating their death is quite something.

Where did I mention a song? Just passing on a bit of knowledge about Walter smith to flybhoy. Maybe he was a decent man but definitely a bully by all accounts. 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

When someone gives a reason as to why they are disappointed that Walter Smith is included in a song celebrating his death and your first reaction is to dismiss that reason, then I'm sure you can appreciate why it is more than just "passing on a bit of knowledge".

So you think, that I think that because he was a bit of a bully to youth players then it’s ok to celebrate his death in song?  Reading way to much into that post my friend. 

45 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Actually don’t remember giving a f**k about that song, mainly because I didn’t think they sang ‘f**k the pope’ at all. Maybe my memory is clouded and you can prove me wrong. I do a lot of drugs. 

20 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So you think, that I think that because he was a bit of a bully to youth players then it’s ok to celebrate his death in song?  Reading way to much into that post my friend. 

You have brought up a random as f**k story in what seems like a reason to include Smith in this song . That’s how it comes across . Wether that’s how you intended it to or not I’m not so sure. 

it’s also a bizzare story as we all know football dressing rooms and society as a whole where a completely different place back in the 80’s and earlier particularly in male dominated workplaces and environments of the time I.E military , police , building sites etc which football most definitely fell under. 

So true or not , this sort of attitude and similar practices were probably present in dressing rooms all over the country 

Edited by Forever_blueco

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You have brought up a random as f**k story in what seems like a reason to include Smith in this song . That’s how it comes across . Wether that’s how you intended it to or not I’m not so sure. 

it’s also a bizzare story as we all know football dressing rooms and society as a whole where a completely different place back in the 80’s and earlier particularly in male dominated workplaces and environments of the time. 

Wish I hadn’t tbh, was reading the whole smith/sourness and Neely allegations yesterday and started reading about how Smith bullied youth players by taking them for a square go in a dark, locked room and I was fresh in my head when I came in here. And you’re correct, was common place back then, I remember guys trying similar with me at the start of my apprenticeship. 

On 07/08/2022 at 19:03, Flybhoy said:

Absolutely superb so it was.

Disgrace and most definitely sectarian was my take on it.

Also it wasn't a minority it was the whole support behind the goals.

How you can glory in an organisation that killed British citizens is beyond me.

10 hours ago, Sammy said:

Disgrace and most definitely sectarian was my take on it.

Also it wasn't a minority it was the whole support behind the goals.

How you can glory in an organisation that killed British citizens is beyond me.

Do explain what is sectarian about Irish rebel songs please.