RCFC v Celtic - 06/08/22

Greg Taylor was involved in all three of Celtic's goals down the left hand side and seemed to link up well with Jota. I understand he was immense in the Celtic v Aberdeen game. Good to see him making that position his own.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Congratulations to Celtic today on their win!

A true modern day miracle!

Do people actually find this sort of ‘patter’ funny? 

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Greg Taylor was involved in all three of Celtic's goals down the left hand side and seemed to link up well with Jota. I understand he was immense in the Celtic v Aberdeen game. Good to see him making that position his own.

He is quite suited to Anges system and it’s really showing right now. Even though he is doing  well under him we still have a fair few stubborn ones in our support who are still refusing to give him any credit.

I didnt rate Taylor last season as more than a squad player but its easy to see how much he has improved, theres a few times watching the games hes in such a central role I thought it was someone else. Hes clearly understood Anges way of playing. It will be a fight for him though to keep the place but with amount of games we play and the worklaod the fullbacks have to do, having 2 is needed and both will play a lot of games. Im still not sure Taylor in europe will be good enough but hes proved me wrong so far so lets see.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Do people actually find this sort of ‘patter’ funny? 

He is quite suited to Anges system and it’s really showing right now. Even though he is doing  well under him we still have a fair few stubborn ones in our support who are still refusing to give him any credit.

If it was Bernabei playing like Taylor is then they'd be shouting about how they'd solved that part of the team. I thought the unique angle really captured the role he plays with Celtic really well. I'm not exactly a Celtic fan, but he stood out a mile on that video.

On 06/08/2022 at 00:34, Forfinn said:

It was two apparently. I don't even feel slightly bothered about cancelling my Sky subscription for this season. Look at these numbers.

The Sky deal is an utter joke that takes the piss out of Scottish football fans.

Nobody up here should be paying them for a joke of a service

28 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The Sky deal is an utter joke that takes the piss out of Scottish football fans.

Nobody up here should be paying them for a joke of a service

CELTIC chief executive Peter Lawwell has hailed his £150 million Sky Sports deal for the Ladbrokes Premiership TV rights as being the ‘best’ for our game

Their whopping five year package - worth at least £30 million a season - will kick in from the 2020-21 campaign and give them stand-alone exclusive access.

Until then Sky Sports and BT Sport will continue to split top flight coverage.

And Lawwell - rated by many the most powerful figure in Scottish football - said: “I believe it is a very good deal for Scottish football.

“Taking everything into consideration, it is a very good deal

“The positive side is that Sky have recognised the value of Scottish football and significantly increased the money they’re investing in it.

“It was the best deal for Scottish football, absolutely.”

1 minute ago, bennett said:

CELTIC chief executive Peter Lawwell has hailed his £150 million Sky Sports deal for the Ladbrokes Premiership TV rights as being the ‘best’ for our game

Their whopping five year package - worth at least £30 million a season - will kick in from the 2020-21 campaign and give them stand-alone exclusive access.

Until then Sky Sports and BT Sport will continue to split top flight coverage.

And Lawwell - rated by many the most powerful figure in Scottish football - said: “I believe it is a very good deal for Scottish football.

“Taking everything into consideration, it is a very good deal

“The positive side is that Sky have recognised the value of Scottish football and significantly increased the money they’re investing in it.

“It was the best deal for Scottish football, absolutely.”

Im missing your point to my argument here, are you saying it’s a great deal for Scottish football fans?

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Congratulations to Celtic today on their win!

A true modern day miracle!

But only due to a Save of the Season contender from Joe Hart at 1-1.  I thought from the away end it was good at the time but it looked even better on the highlights.

3pm at Victoria Park not on TV is not a great idea.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Why do Old Firm fans have such an issue with 3pm kick-offs (or more specifically, 3pm kick-offs for away games)?

Because they aren't shown on SKY.

They want every away game on tv. Celtic fans moaned like fck when they had to pay to watch our game on Saints tv PPV last season as it wasn't on sky. 

It's crap for the ones that actually go to the away games, kick off times at noon on a Saturday and Sunday every 2nd week isn't appealing but it's the price the glory hunters need to pay.