September 2022 Scotland squad

Wouldn't mind seeing Dembele at Brentford get in tge squad,other than that cant think off many new players banging the door down Fredericks maybe if he actually is interested in playing for us?But he hasn't been playing so probably unlikely 

Matt Targett maybe a long shot but Clarke probably still be trying to get him

Edited by General dissaray

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2022 at 12:38, accies1874 said:

Who's gonna have an OK purple patch at the start of the season to prompt wild shouts to get him in?

Ross Stewart I think. Sunderland fans are falling over themselves in praise of him right now.

14 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Ross Stewart I think. Sunderland fans are falling over themselves in praise of him right now.

Holds the ball up well but needs willing runners. Fair enough to him, he's went up a level and still scoring.

Adams will be main starter still due to his mobility. scored a good goal at the weekend aswell.

Tierney being back is big

2 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Holds the ball up well but needs willing runners. Fair enough to him, he's went up a level and still scoring.

Adams will be main starter still due to his mobility. scored a good goal at the weekend aswell.

Quite honestly, is there really anyone outwith Adams, Dykes, and Stewart?  Brown seems to be liked by SC, and his Championship stats are pretty decent for a non-striker but that is quite literally it?

I can't see any other striker making an claim for a call up, if not purely on the basis there isn't a single one scoring at any level outwith those three/four (we can all agree to keep Burke in his box, at least for now).

Perhaps, if we flip it on its head - is there anyone called up in June who isn't playing, or playing particularly badly?  The peripheral players (as they were then) like Turnbull, and Campbell seem to be getting game time and playing well.  Ferguson is otherwise yet to play, O'Donnell seems to be on borrowed time, and Josh Doig hasn't made an appearance yet.

Suspect we'll see 25/26 of our strongest players.  The return of Tierney, a fit Patterson, and a further experienced Hickey will really strengthen the side.

The only concern I have right now is Billy Gilmour - where are his minutes this season going to come from?  Guess we'll know within the next 9 days?

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

2 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Yeah, I mean he at least seems to have been able to adjust to moving up to the championship well enough - so fair play to him. It’s not like Scotland have tons of great options. 

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Quite honestly, is there really anyone outwith Adams, Dykes, and Stewart?  Brown seems to be liked by SC, and his Championship stats are pretty decent for a non-striker but that is quite literally it?

I can't see any other striker making an claim for a call up, if not purely on the basis there isn't a single one scoring at any level outwith those three/four (we can all agree to keep Burke in his box, at least for now).

Perhaps, if we flip it on its head - is there anyone called up in June who isn't playing, or playing particularly badly?  The peripheral players (as they were then) like Turnbull, and Campbell seem to be getting game time and playing well.  Ferguson is otherwise yet to play, O'Donnell seems to be on borrowed time, and Josh Doig hasn't made an appearance yet.

Suspect we'll see 25/26 of our strongest players.  The return of Tierney, a fit Patterson, and a further experienced Hickey will really strengthen the side.

The only concern I have right now is Billy Gilmour - where are his minutes this season going to come from?  Guess we'll know within the next 9 days?

Karlan Grant if we can get him and Sirki Dembele can also play up front when he is not on the wing,would take any one off them if there getting game time especially Dembele in the EPL 

Fraser Hornby got move to Ostenstade in Belgium more in mould off Stewart and Dykes,if he suddenly comes good out there wouldn't be suprised if he gets in

Granted his stint in Scotland was a absolute disaster but he is still young enough to improve if he works hard enough for it

Edited by General dissaray