Jump to content

Fifa 23


mrpaddyx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Third free pack opened and I packed a tradeable Cannavaro, that still won't be enough to convince me to buy the game properly I don't think!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Third free pack opened and I packed a tradeable Cannavaro, that still won't be enough to convince me to buy the game properly I don't think!
Iv been playing the 10 hour trial of it and it really is a poor game. Iv won 6/7 games iv played but I can't see the point in wasting money on buying it. Iv not looked in to the new shot thing that seems to be a gaurenteed goal but it's rather annoying.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've bought the game but I don't know why really 😂 bit of nostalgia being the last FIFA maybe, I don't know.

Not sure if I'm enjoying how the game plays, finding defending a lot harder, the AI seems unbelievably stupid to me. Will stick to my rule of recent FIFAs playing no weekend league and the absolute bare minimum of rivals, think I only played 5 games last year. 

Broken tactic right now is the outside foot shot so hold LT/L2 when taking your shot, don't even need the outside foot shot trait.

Packed Kimpembe tradable so that was a nice 50k, also sold a few other meta players for decent money and had some decent untradables as well, particularly Mendy & Tchouameni. Still kind of struggling to get my head round the new chemistry system completely, but I think it is actually good for team building. Hate it for SBCs though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided ages ago I was going to get it, my flimsy logic being that since it's their last one they'll pull out all the stops.

Enjoyed the couple games I've played, feels a bit better and I'll enjoy that before they change it all because the "pros" are complaining that they can't just run through defenders and score.

Haven't properly looked at career mode but the player career seems to have a few extra bits I wasn't expecting - being able to buy a trampoline to get +1 Jumping wasn't something that was really needed. Haven't started the season yet and my guys already 70 rated which I'm not a fan of, would prefer being shite and getting pumped out on loan to Ireland or something and actually having to work for it rather than being 93 rated after 2 years.

 

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Still kind of struggling to get my head round the new chemistry system completely

Aye that threw me right off when I couldn't see all my red lines. Definitely makes SBCs harder since you can't stick a CM in CDM; now if they're not in their exact position they don't count towards chemistry (I can see them changing that after about a week). What makes it a wee bit better is Position Modifiers are just their own generic item instead of needing to hunt for specific positions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Decided ages ago I was going to get it, my flimsy logic being that since it's their last one they'll pull out all the stops.

Enjoyed the couple games I've played, feels a bit better and I'll enjoy that before they change it all because the "pros" are complaining that they can't just run through defenders and score.

Haven't properly looked at career mode but the player career seems to have a few extra bits I wasn't expecting - being able to buy a trampoline to get +1 Jumping wasn't something that was really needed. Haven't started the season yet and my guys already 70 rated which I'm not a fan of, would prefer being shite and getting pumped out on loan to Ireland or something and actually having to work for it rather than being 93 rated after 2 years.

 

Aye that threw me right off when I couldn't see all my red lines. Definitely makes SBCs harder since you can't stick a CM in CDM; now if they're not in their exact position they don't count towards chemistry (I can see them changing that after about a week). What makes it a wee bit better is Position Modifiers are just their own generic item instead of needing to hunt for specific positions.

 

Only issue with the position mods is that players have specific positions they can play and thats it lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just not really enjoying this years version (yet!). Every time i've play Rivals my players seem to give up about half way through the game and make loads of mistakes. Once I get some decent players in my squad this may change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

I'm just not really enjoying this years version (yet!). Every time i've play Rivals my players seem to give up about half way through the game and make loads of mistakes. Once I get some decent players in my squad this may change.

Stamina will be gone on them, i get the same with mine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m actually quite enjoying it as a PC player. Fifa 22 on PC lacked the Hypermotion stuff which is now in Fifa 23 so it’s maybe just the Hypermotion novelty factor that makes it feel quite different for me. I don’t play Ultimate Team either so I can’t comment from that perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My team so far, forgot you yet 4,600 fifa points with the ultimate edition and got pretty good pack luck with Dembele and Kounde which got me a couple hundred thousand.

IMG_8468.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I like it, i feel its more football like, its harder to just dribble and through ball, actually quick one touch passing works so well now

My biggest problem with the game is that I’m terrible at defending 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

My biggest problem with the game is that I’m terrible at defending 😂

Defending can be brutal, it takes a while to judge when to let go of the sprint button when tracking back your your guy can turn back when someone cuts inside etc, 

Sometimes you just can't defend when yoir opened up, again its good that way because it feels more real

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

My biggest problem with the game is that I’m terrible at defending 😂

R1/RB is your friend. Hold it down and the AI takes one of your defenders to the guy with the ball, letting you cover one of the possible passes (or also just fucking nail the attacker). If I'm defending down the wings I double tap R1 (hold it in on the second push) and the AI takes two players to cover potential passes meaning I can go to the guy with the ball. Combining either of those with L2/LT to stand off and jockey helps a lot as well.

Wee side note that catches me out with that though, I keep forgetting to lift up R1 if I go for a slide tackle and end doing the new (?) hard slide tackle, good fun when you want to break someone's leg though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...