Motherwell v St Johnstone 6/8/22

No bigger indictment of Callum Davidson than we have a squad of well over 30 players, still need two signings, and folk are picking McGowan at DM, Considine at LB and Montgomery at ML in potential teams. 

Dreadful. 

15 minutes ago, Toviewthefirparkturf said:

Hopefully we give Ross tierney a chance to show what he’s all about in a game with two teams that lack general quality on the ball. 

I am not sure Tierney has had a good game when on from the start, possibly because of where he has been played, but he has always shown his best coming off the bench.  Give him 30+ minutes to make an impact.  Hammell is not afraid to use the subs.

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

No bigger indictment of Callum Davidson than we have a squad of well over 30 players, still need two signings, and folk are picking McGowan at DM, Considine at LB and Montgomery at ML in potential teams. 

Dreadful. 

Get the charlatan in the fucking bin.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Think he's out. He had a nasty Head injury during the St Mirren game so I'm not sure if we are even going to risk it. 

He's in the training photos that the club put up on the socials yesterday. Whether that means he's clear to play is a different story I guess.

FZU5tN-WQAAKY52?format=jpg&name=large

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He's in the training photos that the club put up on the socials yesterday. Whether that means he's clear to play is a different story I guess.

FZU5tN-WQAAKY52?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah. I'm not clear on the concssion rules. I thought it meant the player would automatically be out of the next game unless a specific medical opinion showed no major injuries or issues going forward.

Tbh though, I never seem to find the correct information. It's usually outdated inf that I can find and not the latest.

25 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Do the away team still come out of the away stand?

No, that was done away with post-split.  You'll have use of the full away stand, should you require it...

Both teams come out the tunnel.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

No, that was done away with post-split.  You'll have use of the full away stand, should you require it...

Both teams come out the tunnel.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Think he's more anticipating boxing with the hobbit tbh.

Just hoping for some Kelty-esque scenes at FT.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Motherwell have, up til now, been a team that has struggled to score.  This game is the ideal opportunity to move away from the 3 centre backs and put a bit more emphasis on getting forward.

Mitchell looks mobile and capable of defending as part of a CH pairing, as long as Gordon is fully fit.

We won’t, but something along the lines of:

Matthews

Brown Gordon Mitchell Montgomery

McGowan

Wright MacPherson Hallberg Carey

May

Need to get a foothold in midfield, and get far more possession.  Carey, Wright, Hallberg all like to get forward to support.  Brown staying back more as he’s solid defensively. Left side could be got at but        Couldn’t think of anyone else.

Not sold on the back four if it involves McGowan as the holder and May up front on his own..

43 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Not sold on the back four if it involves McGowan as the holder and May up front on his own..

One up one off. Think Hallberg creating in behind May would be better than May and Bair. We don’t have a great deal of options up front unfortunately.. 

or for defensive midfield.

Edited by PauloPerth

4 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah. I'm not clear on the concssion rules. I thought it meant the player would automatically be out of the next game unless a specific medical opinion showed no major injuries or issues going forward.

Tbh though, I never seem to find the correct information. It's usually outdated inf that I can find and not the latest.

O'Hara is unavailable for us tomorrow due to the concussion rules.

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

One up one off. Think Hallberg creating in behind May would be better than May and Bair. We don’t have a great deal of options up front unfortunately.. 

or for defensive midfield.

Which tells its own story