D*ck waving to despair - Whose fans' hopes will crash and burn?

3 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

As some others have said, it could well be Aberdeen. The comments around "have recruited well this summer" was exactly what happened last season and they subsequently had a shocker. They signed 2 centre backs who could conceivably have been considered international material, but they are now both (I think) consigned to sit with the dressing room toaster in the Pittodrie dustbin. 

Anyway, I'm a Hearts fan and whilst I have early season confidence, I'm expecting several months of "Robbie out" 🤷

Agreed. Aberdeen have pretty much done the same thing as Hibs in signing a load of players with no experience of the league which may or may not pay off. Yet we are being written off based on a couple of glorified friendlies in the cup where we didn't have several starters available and they are generally being praised for their recruitment.

Far too early to tell either way though.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

1 hour ago, Darren said:

If only there was some sort of league table to show who has the better squads.

Maybe over the course of a season or something like that.

But well done to Aberdeen for finishing top six in Merkland Red's on-paper championship last time round.

Sigh.

There's several factors in play when it comes to league placing.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I like posters like that guy. Very selective memory. A few years of his pishy wee club capitalising on only having one bigger club than them in the division, is the perfect set up for the depression that is about to set in. 
200.gif

I've never seen relegation. What's it like?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I blame Falkirk and WW1 for maintaining that record. 😂

It’s actually not too bad. Extremely disappointing to go down obviously but you soon dust yourself down and look forward to going for promotion. It’s that feeling you get when you lose an end of season cup final. 

It is also good to visit new grounds. The SPFL can be really boring playing the same teams 4 times in the league never mind the cup.

St Mirren are very much a yo-yo club in that respect. It can be really exciting being involved in tense end of season relegation scraps and play offs. 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's this thing where you finish bottom of the league (as Aberdeen have, multiple times) but, instead of being spared on account of a ludicrous technicality like Brockville not having their rows of seats in alphabetical order, you actually go down to the Championship with a bit of class and decorum left in tact.

35 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's this thing where you finish bottom of the league (as Aberdeen have, multiple times) but, instead of being spared on account of a ludicrous technicality like Brockville not having their rows of seats in alphabetical order, you actually go down to the Championship with a bit of class and decorum left in tact.

Aberdeen were spared a playoff pal. I think we'd have been ok based on our cup record that season 😃

Cute to see you sticking up for the Jambos though.

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Why are people having difficulty with the difference between the quality of a squad and how that squad plays as a team? 

Either at it or thick as shit. 

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Aberdeen were spared a playoff pal. I think we'd have been ok based on our cup record that season 😃

Cute to see you sticking up for the Jambos though.

Exactly.

“Sticking up for the Jambos.”

Tragic, mate. Thank f**k we don’t like either of you. I can not even imagine how bizarre it would be to try and be fwends like that. 🤣

Dundee will be sending you poison pen letters if you keep this up. 

It's really unfair that the SPFL chose such a wicked and convoluted system to prevent Aberdeen's excellent squad showing its true potential.

Only allowing games of 90 minutes between two teams with eleven players each was a sneaky move. Not to mention the so-called 'points system' where teams winning games were hugely advantaged over those losing.

I've got to be honest and say that without this chicanery, Aberdeen would probably have won the league.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Motherwell getting relegated while we get promoted would be absolutely delicious. It'll be between them and St Mirren.

Ross County will again finish top 6. They looked good in the first half against Hearts and on another day would have been 2 up at half time. I reckon they'll have another good season.

St Johnstone and Livvy will make up the numbers in the relegation battle, but will be safe with a month or so to spare.

31 minutes ago, velo army said:

Motherwell getting relegated while we get promoted would be absolutely delicious. It'll be between them and St Mirren.

Ross County will again finish top 6. They looked good in the first half against Hearts and on another day would have been 2 up at half time. I reckon they'll have another good season.

St Johnstone and Livvy will make up the numbers in the relegation battle, but will be safe with a month or so to spare.

Scotland's third most hated club, your seethe is not new to us.

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Agreed. Aberdeen have pretty much done the same thing as Hibs in signing a load of players with no experience of the league which may or may not pay off. Yet we are being written off based on a couple of glorified friendlies in the cup where we didn't have several starters available and they are generally being praised for their recruitment.

Far too early to tell either way though.

Except Aberdeen (I think!) won them all. Whereas Hibs got papped out despite trying to field a suspended player to help thier cause.... 😂

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Multiple times?

47 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I expect Hertz to do poorly this year. They don't have the squad to play in Europe and the league. The injuries will come and they will struggle.

Our business isn't done yet. I'd say we're still about 4 players away from where I'd like to be.

Whether we get those players is another matter but there's plenty of time left yet.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Surprised to see a few people thinking we'll be in any trouble tbh. Our squad is stronger than last season's one which only just missed out on top 6, then again we've had it in 2 of the last 3 seasons I'm sure. 

We only lost Forrest and then a load of dross, but we brought in a decent bunch

40 minutes ago, DC92 said:

No, Aberdeen's squad wasn't the problem last season. The fact they've binned almost every player from it is just a coincidence.

Apart from the three we sold for money. 

I don't think we had a very good squad btw. It had some decent players but was hugely unbalanced. Also, it's hard to argue that a squad with Jack Gurr in it is decent.