D*ck waving to despair - Whose fans' hopes will crash and burn?

As some others have said, it could well be Aberdeen. The comments around "have recruited well this summer" was exactly what happened last season and they subsequently had a shocker. They signed 2 centre backs who could conceivably have been considered international material, but they are now both (I think) consigned to sit with the dressing room toaster in the Pittodrie dustbin. 

Anyway, I'm a Hearts fan and whilst I have early season confidence, I'm expecting several months of "Robbie out" 🤷

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Pressure all on big-spending, fixture-light Aberdeen, for me.

Fail to finish third this season and Goodwin will need to apologise live on tv before being ritually executed on the beach and his body chucked in the sea, as Pittodrie is burnt to the ground and Aberdeen FC consigned to the history books (more so than is already the case).

Pressure on Hearts to avoid relegation.

That’s what happens to them every few years is it not?

That’s what’s in the history books. 

Supposedly St Mirren have over spent in recent seasons chasing “Top 6 Tony’s” dream and redeveloping the Training Facility which is still not finished. Think the work on it started in 2020.

Our financial results will be published near end of 2022 and they may be grim reading. 🤬

I would be happy with a team that goes out and performs on a consistent basis with some entertaining football. 

Ideally we escape relegation or playoffs but who knows. Majority of teams in the top league have way bigger budgets than us.

A wee run in the League Cup or Scottish Cup would be terrific for a diddy team such is our standing in the grand scheme of things. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

If you looked at the Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs squads from last season then I don't think anyone could realistically say any was miles better than the other two.  

Some take this, Aberdeen and Hibs were woeful last season hence both finishing bottom 6, Hearts were pretty average most weeks tbf but most of the league were shite last season.

3 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

That's my point, I don't think it's clear. There have been games played against Celtic or Rangers where the story is 'oh, they've just played Barcelona three days ago, they're going to be knackered' and the other team still gets a humping. 

We seemed to always draw/beat Celtic at home, which always seemed to coincide with a European game midweek previously. Although that could just be their excuse :D 

3 hours ago, Darren said:

I'll put on record that I predict Hibs will be absolutely shite this season. I think people are seriously underestimating how poor they are. 

You would think that crashing out of the League Cup at breakneck speed would've been an indication but apparently not. :lol:

People still think we're going to come good. They're in for a nasty surprise.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Some take this, Aberdeen and Hibs were woeful last season hence both finishing bottom 6, Hearts were pretty average most weeks tbf but most of the league were shite last season.

Teams with worse squads outperform better ones every season.

Not many teams would choose the squads Livi have had over the past few years but Martindale does a great job.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Pressure on Hearts to avoid relegation.

That’s what happens to them every few years is it not?

That’s what’s in the history books. 

Good to see you taking your teams inevitable plummet back to mediocrity well. Purple patch is over Flossy. 😎

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Teams with worse squads outperform better ones every season.

Not many teams would choose the squads Livi have had over the past few years but Martindale does a great job.

If only there was some sort of league table to show who has the better squads.

Maybe over the course of a season or something like that.

But well done to Aberdeen for finishing top six in Merkland Red's on-paper championship last time round.

Edited by Darren

1 minute ago, Darren said:

If only there was some sort of league table to show who has the better squads.

Maybe over the course of a season or something like that.

But well done to Aberdeen for finishing top six in Merkland Red's on-paper championship last time round.

I like posters like that guy. Very selective memory. A few years of his pishy wee club capitalising on only having one bigger club than them in the division, is the perfect set up for the depression that is about to set in. 
200.gif