Saturday 20th August

Will the teams who have had their games postponed due to their opponents being involved in South Challenge Cup be given new fixtures?

Surely they won't be left without a fixture 3 weeks into the season [emoji848]

52 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Will the teams who have had their games postponed due to their opponents being involved in South Challenge Cup be given new fixtures?

Surely they won't be left without a fixture 3 weeks into the season emoji848.png

That would be sensible - surely the entire point of doing the SCC draw 5 days before the WOSFL fixtures come out is so that the idle teams are scheduled to play each other? (like the EOS have done)

I'm sure Kennie is smart enough to figure a way to minimise the amount of idle teams...

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That would be sensible - surely the entire point of doing the SCC draw 5 days before the WOSFL fixtures come out is so that the idle teams are scheduled to play each other? (like the EOS have done)

I'm sure Kennie is smart enough to figure a way to minimise the amount of idle teams...

What kind of fixture ? All the league games have been scheduled 

9 hours ago, andy25 said:

Surely they won't be left without a fixture 3 weeks into the season emoji848.png

Everyone wanted a Fixture List right through to the end of the season. It's been provided.

If I've now to draw fixtures forward from later in the season it will only create a hole in the Matchday it was originally down for. Those teams will be idle on that day unless I start altering all games for that day which will then have a domino effect further on.

The blank matchdays can only be filled by displaced games. (Postponed games, weather related or Cup Fixture Priority related or similar) 

At the moment there are no suitable displaced games to go into 20th August.

I am a bit concerned though that there are 3 teams that will be idle for 2 Saturdays in a row due to them not having a game on the following Saturday (27th August) Which is the day for the Scottish Cup, Scottish Junior Cup and the Strathclyde Cup. So I might have a look at that as it would be better to bring a game forward for them and leave them idle for only 1 of the Saturdays and idle again on the day of the original fixture, rather than 2 in a row.

Some of the games that were displaced on 20th August due to the Trade Radiators South Challenge Cup will be re-scheduled to be played on 22nd October now that the draw for the Preliminary round of the West of Scotland Football League Cup is known.

35 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Everyone wanted a Fixture List right through to the end of the season. It's been provided.

If I've now to draw fixtures forward from later in the season it will only create a hole in the Matchday it was originally down for. Those teams will be idle on that day unless I start altering all games for that day which will then have a domino effect further on.

The blank matchdays can only be filled by displaced games. (Postponed games, weather related or Cup Fixture Priority related or similar) 

At the moment there are no suitable displaced games to go into 20th August.

I am a bit concerned though that there are 3 teams that will be idle for 2 Saturdays in a row due to them not having a game on the following Saturday (27th August) Which is the day for the Scottish Cup, Scottish Junior Cup and the Strathclyde Cup. So I might have a look at that as it would be better to bring a game forward for them and leave them idle for only 1 of the Saturdays and idle again on the day of the original fixture, rather than 2 in a row.

Some of the games that were displaced on 20th August due to the Trade Radiators South Challenge Cup will be re-scheduled to be played on 22nd October now that the draw for the Preliminary round of the West of Scotland Football League Cup is known.

I sincerely hope this is going to be your MO going forward as one of the good things about having a full fixture list is that you can advertise games for sponsorship and hospitality way in advance. 

Following the draw for the Preliminary Round of the West of Scotland League Cup, I have been able to re-schedule some of the postponed games from 20th August. These were postponed due to the Trade Radiators South Challenge Cup.
Please note the new fixtures for Saturday 22nd October.

Premier Division
Arthurlie v Troon
Auchinleck Talbot v Hurlford United
Clydebank v Darvel
Glenafton Athletic  v Irvine Meadow
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Pollok

First Division
Blantyre Victoria v Kilbirnie Ladeside
Shotts Bon Accord v Rutherglen Glencairn

Second Division
Muirkirk Juniors v Yoker Athletic

Third Division
East Kilbride Thistle v Port Glasgow Juniors
Girvan v Newmains United
Larkhall Thistle v Ardrossan Winton Rovers
Royal Albert v Lugar Boswell Thistle

All kick-offs are 2PM unless otherwise requested.
All subject to change, especially those that may still be involved in the Scottish Cup on that date.