East Fife vs Bonnyrigg Rose

Guest AberhillEnd
12 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

This is bad. 2 subs after 25 mins?

Scott Shepherd elbowed to head early on, doctor called on pitch possible concussion, ref didn't see it.

Brogan walls injured in the penalty incident

What was last seasons price ? 
Kelty charging £16 for full paying adult this season but lots of concessions and pay up season ticket available which I think is reasonable 
£18 seems a wee tad heavy for league 2 
£16 for League 1 is an absolute disgrace as well.

Men against boys yesterday. For most of the game, I didn't think there was too much between the sides but you look through the teams and Bonnyrigg have much more experience, far more physicality and are a lot more streetwise.

Losing Shepherd and Walls was a blow and I reckon we should have got a free kick for hand ball in the run up to the penalty but today really showed up our lack of experience.

Feel like with boonyrigg beating Forfar and now east fife, they will beat most teams until they are found out.

felt also for their penalty they was a foul in the build up and free kick to east fife, official was very poor nearly every east fife foul was a Bonnyrigg free kick given the newbie team all the advantage but the red card at the end was just a cover up of how poor they were.

Feel like with boonyrigg beating Forfar and now east fife, they will beat most teams until they are found out.
felt also for their penalty they was a foul in the build up and free kick to east fife, official was very poor nearly every east fife foul was a Bonnyrigg free kick given the newbie team all the advantage but the red card at the end was just a cover up of how poor they were.
To be honest it did fell the other way round from the opposite end of the stand, think East Fife committed more fouls but didn't receive a single booking.

What we can agree on is that the standard of officiating is very poor, I had hoped it might be better in League 2 but its just the same.

I think folk always find it difficult to take their tinted specs off and judge these things objectively. But I'd bet a consistent theme this season will be fans of other teams commenting or complaining about Bonnyrigg's 'physical' style. For what it's worth, I'd have no problem at all if we played like that and it got us results. Bonnyrigg reminded me of the type of lower league side you'd see 20 years ago, maybe similar to ourselves under Jim Moffat. Experienced, tough, organised, effective.