East Fife vs Bonnyrigg Rose

Both teams coming off of good winning starts to the season, in what might be the first competitive match between the clubs? It's difficult to know what to expect from this one but I suspect it'll be tight and I think key for us will be defending well from crosses and set pieces.

With Alan Trouten supposedly available for selection, I imagine Stevie Crawford's only selection headache will be whether to give Trouten a starting place or keep with the 11 than won at Elgin. I suspect we'll see an unchanged East Fife line up on Saturday with Trouten potentially making an appearance form the bench:

Fleming

Murdoch - Denham - Steele - Mercer

Millar
Walls      -      Newton
Ferguson

Schiavone - Shepherd

Can we expect a healthy away crowd over for Bonnyrigg's first away SPFL game?

Both teams coming off of good winning starts to the season, in what might be the first competitive match between the clubs? It's difficult to know what to expect from this one but I suspect it'll be tight and I think key for us will be defending well from crosses and set pieces.
With Alan Trouten supposedly available for selection, I imagine Stevie Crawford's only selection headache will be whether to give Trouten a starting place or keep with the 11 than won at Elgin. I suspect we'll see an unchanged East Fife line up on Saturday with Trouten potentially making an appearance form the bench:

Fleming

Murdoch - Denham - Steele - Mercer

Millar
Walls      -      Newton
Ferguson

Schiavone - Shepherd

Can we expect a healthy away crowd over for Bonnyrigg's first away SPFL game?
At £18/£14 the away support will likely be down on what it should be, can't imagine you'll get many home walk ups at that price either.

I'm fully expecting it to be a close game, both sides picking up good wins last weekend. The bookies seem to have both sides evenly priced but I'll go for a narrow away win via a Bonnyrigg penalty!

10 hours ago, andy25 said:

£18 for 4th tier football is an absolute disgrace.

Absolutely correct. When the prices were announced for the first time, I thought it surely must have been a mistake. Shameful prices for League 2 and for a season following relegation.  

With Bayview (rightfully, in my opinion) already earning its unofficial title as League 2's "worst away day", you'd think even the EF board would have been shrewd enough to encourage home AND away fans to come along. *Note Elgin City gate prices ranged from £7-12 which is fantastic value*. 

Back to the game, impossible one for anybody to predict as it's too early to judge where all the teams are at. Both teams can be confident in taking the 3 points. Agree with the previous poster that from EF's point of view, we will need to work on defending set-pieces which have been our Achilles Heel for as long as I can remember now. King Kev will no doubt be a threat and will be eager to get on the scoresheet. Would stick with the same starting XI that defeated Elgin last weekend.  

14 hours ago, Gimme said:

At £18/£14 the away support will likely be down on what it should be, can't imagine you'll get many home walk ups at that price either.

I'm fully expecting it to be a close game, both sides picking up good wins last weekend. The bookies seem to have both sides evenly priced but I'll go for a narrow away win via a Bonnyrigg penalty!

I thought we were getting ripped off when we went to Alloa in the Scottish Cup last season. The admission charge for this soulless ground is even worse. Hold your heads in shame the East Fife board, you have probably stopped about 100-200 Rose fans from coming to the game. As for me I’ll make my decision on Saturday morning.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

12 hours ago, andy25 said:

£18 for 4th tier football is an absolute disgrace.

Correct. No options to pay up a season ticket etc. Its seems the club are now operating without opinions of the fans who ultimately run the club. 

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

3 hours ago, monthefife said:

*Note Elgin City gate prices ranged from £7-12 which is fantastic value*. 

Bonnyrigg’s exactly the same, and as they’ll proudly tell you whether you ask or not, U12’s go free with a paying adult for the 14th season in a row.

5 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Correct. No options to pay up a season ticket etc. Its seems the club are now operating without opinions of the fans who ultimately run the club. 

Think that this statement is factually incorrect.

Below is an excerpt from the Chairman's Season end statement.

Finally, we will implement an option to pay-up your season ticket for supporters who are unable to lay out the full amount up front. Those wishing to take up this option should contact the club office directly after tickets go on sale.

The only reason I'm not going tomorrow is the £18 entry. It's hardly bank breaking, but add in transport, half time pie and bovril and suddenly its not the usual cheap day out. 

Onto the football, tough one to pick. I can see both teams fancying their chances so possibly a score draw is on the cards. 

I'm concerned that with the number of people being vocal in their disappointment about the ticket prices and saying they're not coming because of that; the matchday income will end up less than if they'd dropped or even maintained the price. Interested to see what sort of crowd appears tomorrow but it certainly appears to be a misguided decision considering so many people are struggling these days.

15 minutes ago, DIB said:

I'm concerned that with the number of people being vocal in their disappointment about the ticket prices and saying they're not coming because of that; the matchday income will end up less than if they'd dropped or even maintained the price. Interested to see what sort of crowd appears tomorrow but it certainly appears to be a misguided decision considering so many people are struggling these days.

Quite rightly so. I love East Fife through but can't help look at those running the club in a negative light. I was more than prepared to get behind the team this season but where has the ticket rise came from? I could understand if we had signed a couple of experienced (fit) players but we have an abundance of youngsters throughout the squad. I wasn't aware of the option to pay up your season ticket though. 

Guest AberhillEnd
26 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Did EF receive a parachute payment for their relegation at the end of last season?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Nope, the Spfl final placing payments are on a descending scale, 10th league 1 gets marginally more than champions league 2 etc 

Well it’s Saturday morning and I have decided to make a stand and not travel to Fife and encourage the rip off merchants who are our hosts today by holding the fans to ransome for admission price. Money grabbing so and sos. I will take a trip to the seaside on the south bank of The Forth and watch the 2 youngsters the Rose loaned to Whitehill at Dunbar instead. 
The money I save today will go towards a day out when we visit Stranraer next Saturday.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

What was last seasons price ? 
Kelty charging £16 for full paying adult this season but lots of concessions and pay up season ticket available which I think is reasonable 
£18 seems a wee tad heavy for league 2 

Last Seasons Details;

Admission Prices

Adults - £15

Concessions* - £12

Under 16s - £5

Parent & Child **- £18

Parent & 2 Children** - £21

Tickets for Troops*** - Free

*Overs 60s, non-ambulatory person (in wheelchair) and also those ambulatory with disabilities with a full time carer (carer goes free) & students in full-time education (proof may be required).

*Parent & Child tickets must be purchased from the matchday reception.

***Serving members of the Armed Forces on production of valid ID.

Over 80s can purchase a season ticket for a £20 admin fee.

Serving members of the Armed Forces can be obtain a season ticket for a £25 donation to Help for Heroes via the club

Please note, these prices are subject to change for specific matches. Any changes will be communicated via the news section of the website along with the club’s social media accounts.