Clyde vs Peterhead

Majorly threw that one away. After a quiet first five minutes, we got a good hold of the game and were well on top. Then Peterhead got a goal back, then another one right after that. Rodden and Lyon look like weak links at the back. Lyon in particular was probably quite culpable in the first goal. I’m assuming Kennedy was injured as I felt he was doing well. We lost the midfield once Gomis, Cuddihy and Roberts went off and I really don’t think Allan’s sending off was warranted. Duthie would probably have helped us stretch Peterhead further too.

Cunningham scored two good goals, his second in particular was brilliant but his miss at the back post, and his missed penalty, were both sitters and huge moments. Peterhead’s goalie made a great save from Peter Grant’s header. How often do you see a header like that clawed away from a corner?

Had we kept 11 men on the park, I feel we would have managed to win that game but them’s the breaks. Parry had a few good saves when we were stretched with 10 men and truthfully, we didn’t really get near the goal in the final 15 minutes. Peterhead were well-drilled, as they always are, and will be very satisfied at this stage in the season to get a point. From a Clyde perspective, it’s hugely frustrating, particularly knowing that Peterhead have had such a torrid time with recruitment/injuries and their squad will only likely improve from here.

Onto next week, I suppose.

Edited by Scott-Replay

No idea how we managed not to win that one. So many chances to put it out of sight in the first half. Cunningham should’ve headed that one at the back post Kennedy dinked in for him.

Penalty wasn’t the worst but low enough for the keeper to get his foot to it.

Poor defending for the first and nobody tracking the scorer for the second albeit the ball deflected to him luckily. 

Overall it’s definitely two points dropped but onto game Three unbeaten. We do look dangerous most times we go forward which is good.

Rodden wasn’t encouraging when he came on, a lot of aimless punts up the line to nobody. Thought Cuddihy was below average too. Otherwise I thought we did Awryt.

Parry had another very good save in the second half down to his right. We are lucky to have a keeper of his standard.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Strange one today both sets of fans happy to get the draw and also unhappy not to win

Moment of the match has to be Nirvana blasting over the tannoy when Clyde won a corner early in the 2nd half 🤣

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Strange one today both sets of fans happy to get the draw and also unhappy not to win

Moment of the match has to be Nirvana blasting over the tannoy when Clyde won a corner early in the 2nd half 🤣

We resorted to celebrating winning corners last season after DGW left for Raith… force of habit!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Inexcusable is the word I would use. The amount of times we got in behind them in the first half was incredible and then to end up 2-2 at half time is ridiculous. 

Missing a penalty and going down to 10 just screamed us losing but we somehow held on.

That felt like a pumping. In a fixture we badly need to win in the context of the season, that’s a fucking dreadful outcome given what we had.

Kennedy had provided some good balls into the box and to think Rodden is a better better alternative defensively? Never in a million years is he a League 1 player. 

That was so frustrating.

Two up and coasting then concede two poor goals in the space of a minute. Second half miss a penalty and get a player sent off [emoji2961]

Encouraging to see us great so many chances and we are much better to watch than last seasons team. We are really weak at full back though.

2 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Inexcusable is the word I would use. The amount of times we got in behind them in the first half was incredible and then to end up 2-2 at half time is ridiculous. 

Missing a penalty and going down to 10 just screamed us losing but we somehow held on.

That felt like a pumping. In a fixture we badly need to win in the context of the season, that’s a fucking dreadful outcome given what we had.

Kennedy had provided some good balls into the box and to think Rodden is a better better alternative defensively? Never in a million years is he a League 1 player. 

I think to say we “held on” is an overreaction. Other than one good save from Parry in the second half they didn’t look like scoring, or attempting to really.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

That was so frustrating.

Two up and coasting then concede two poor goals in the space of a minute. Second half miss a penalty and get a player sent off emoji2961.png

Encouraging to see us great so many chances and we are much better to watch than last seasons team. We are really weak at full back though.

I think it’s the wing back positions we really struggle and lack quality in. 

So bloody frustrating. 

Could’ve been our easiest 3 points of the season. Feel sorry for Cunningham  - could see he was absolutely furious with himself when he got subbed off. Ironically scored the hardest one of the lot. 

Work to do, but there’s definitely a team in there somewhere. There won’t be many boring games this season, I don’t think. 

Edited by ScottR96

4 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Exactly this. Too many people scared to point out the obvious truth. We played brilliantly until we conceded, and then we just collapsed. Cunningham shat the bed missing chance after chance for his hatrick. 

Aye, trying not to be too disappointed, I think the word for today is frustrating!
Frustrating Offiials
Frustrating chances were missed plus penalty obviously 
Frustrating that we are 2-3 players away from a very decent side. 
Full back position, particularly LB will kill us this year. Another proper midfield player would make all the difference. The young boy they had as trialist today, no 7,  was a cracking player. The creativity we don’t have in that area which would compliment the other decent stuff we do with this side.

Officials today were awful, Linesman who both have absurd offside decisions at times. 

Missed opportunity for 3 points today

We were coasting it at 2-0 up then got sloppy for a couple of mins to let them back in again

Even after going 2-2 we had 3 other good chances in the first half

Missed a penalty then Allan gave the ref a decision to make by diving into the challenge 

Even at 10 men it didn’t feel like we were up against it and had a couple of half chances to win the game

As said, missed opportunity for 3 points

Another shaky first 5 minutes, against an Airdrie or Dunfermline we'd have went a goal down. 

2 excellent goals by Cunningham who looked to have been playing with confidence these last few weeks. My fear now is his horrible sitter and penalty miss will damage that confidence. 

First goal was well taken by the Peterhead number 9 but he should never have had that amount of space, also Ross Lyon shouldve emptied that ball prior. 

Second goal, horrific defending again, the midfield should also be doing better. 

After that 5 minute shambles we regrouped and got behind their defence time and time again, poor finishing letting us down. 

Jordan Allan looks like he will be a great wee player for us, but he needs to watch his line. First half the farside linesman got the calls right. He is also a very lucky boy he did not see red in the first half. He was unfortunate with his second yellow but the resulting red could've been avoided if he hadnt picked up that stupid yellow in the first half. 

After the sending off the game fizzled out, didnt look like any team wanted to have a proper go and both content with a draw. 

End of the game, it felt like a defeat. McNally has our number everytime and for a couple of minutes I thought that hoodoo was ready to be breached, obviously not! Should have had the game out of sight in the first half and then squandered chances to regain the lead. A massive missed opportunity. 

A few folk blaming the ref, it wasn't the ref who caused us to lose 2 stupid goals, it wasn't the ref that made Cunningham miss the sitter and penalty. For a game that wasnt exactly dirty, there were too many cards albeit Allan's first yellow was more a relief it wasnt red. The standside linesman didn't help the ref much! But no one can blame the officials for that today! 

Have to say, I enjoyed my first visit to NDP as a home fan. Great view from pretty much anywhere in the stand and the low roof allows for a decent atmosphere. 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo