Clyde vs Peterhead

First league game at New Douglas Park and, after a great result last weekend, you would have to assume the Clyde squad will be feeling confident.

However, this is Peterhead that Clyde are playing and I have never felt confident against Peterhead. Despite having a difficult transfer window this far, I’m sure oor Jim will have his team organised and motivated.

Early days, but it could be argued that it’s a big game for both teams.

I’ll be optimistic and say it’ll finish Clyde 2 Peterhead 1. Willie Sawyers to get a hat trick and Martin Bavidge to get a brace for Peterhead.

30 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Not even one goal for us in five games so far this season. Can we break our duck against our favourite opponents? Let's hope so.

Absolutely without a doubt you will. There’s nothing surer than Peterhead scoring away to Clyde!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

5 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’ll be optimistic and say it’ll finish Clyde 2 Peterhead 1.

26 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

There’s nothing surer than Peterhead scoring away to Clyde!

Obviously haven't seen us play, to even think we could score a goal. 🤔

Team selection will be interesting for this one with the subs having made such a good impact on Saturday. Think it'll be same again though minus Kennedy replacing Hendji. Very refreshing though knowing players like Roberts and Allan can come on rather than Nicoll and Tade. 

Edited by CM.

21 hours ago, CM. said:

Think it'll be same again though minus Kennedy replacing Hendji.

I do wonder if we'll see Hendji again in a Clyde jersey. Not sure I've ever seen anyone subbed after 11 minutes before due to poor performance. Kennedy starting, Roddan on the bench.

I still think we need to get a left back and a centre forward in on loan if we're not going to sign anyone permanently. If that happens, I think the squad is looking in pretty decent nick.

2 hours ago, chas said:

Being at the game, I thought Hendji was subbed due to an injury, as was Gomis at half time.

Ah ok. From where I was he certainly didn't look injured and I feel like the club Twitter would specify that he was injured, which it did not. I'm probably wrong though. Just all seemed to line up with him having an absolute nightmare too.

Lennon’s post match spoke of tough decisions and having to hurt people’s feelings sometimes, so that sounds as if there was at least an element of Hendji being subbed on performance, although there might have been an injury mixed in with it.

Not taking anything away from Kennedy's good performance there but I'd definitely be looking to strengthen the left back area. Even this early in the season it seems quite telling that Danny chose to bring him on over Rodden. 

I am not giving up on Hendji  just yet. He admittedly is a bit raw and rough around the edges but his 2 previous performances, (Morton / Falkirk) I was quite happy with what I saw, in those games he was winning the important tackles and clearing headers and had a bit of pace about him to recover. Perhaps a bit of encouragement from the stands would help boost  his confidence.

30 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Has Rodden been binned already? I thought he looked awryt vs Bonnyrigg despite a pish overall team performance that day.

Nah, he’s not been binned, just odd that with a natural left back (Rodden) on the bench Danny chose to put Kennedy on there after Hendji came off. Fair play though, Kennedy had a good game there.

20 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Knowing Clyde we will probably loose this one. But realistically after disposing of queens last week this should be, on paper, 3 points. But as I said we are Clyde and we make life hard for ourselves.

Should be 9 points from 3 yards games and sitting pretty before the panic sets in

Knowing Clyde we will probably loose this one. But realistically after disposing of queens last week this should be, on paper, 3 points. But as I said we are Clyde and we make life hard for ourselves.

Easy home win. Put your mortgage on it.