New Look Dandies v New Look Buddies

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Can't really say the same about the Aberdeen young team- bricking a Saints supporter's bus is a bit retro.

Aye, and by one account, singing songs about the IRA and Bloody Sunday last week....A bunch of little assholes that can f@ck off with the right-wing crap.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Haha, so that really means they were better than a Sunday fixture Raith Rovers away support.

Dumbarton only had a few up although 36 fans wasn't too bad for a midweeker up the other end of the country and size of the club.

Tbh they were noisy most of the game. A good percentage stayed back to applaud their team afterwards too.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Can't really say the same about the Aberdeen young team- bricking a Saints supporter's bus is a bit retro.

Arsehole behaviour from arseholes.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Kennedy and Hayes were both excellent yesterday, particularly Kennedy. 

Will have to agree to disagree Joey. So slow to do anything. 

The first time Jonny played the quick.ball, we scored.

On 05/08/2022 at 22:54, NorthBank said:

O'Hara is out because we played last Sunday. If we had played on the Saturday he would be OK to play (assuming no serious damage). Concussion means 7 days before you can play again.

And yet Paul McGinn played for Motherwell yesterday.

One of the reasons that O'Hara didn't play, was that, according to Robinson, O'Hara suffered this type of injury last season. So two incidents within twelve months, which requires assessment and ultra cautious management.

I suspect that the recommended time periods are more guidelines than rules that clubs have to adhere to strictly.

concussionreport2018.pdf (sportscotland.org.uk)

image.png.6d28d7834d57e22e7c84f5f1a6f63d00.png

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

One of the reasons that O'Hara didn't play, was that, according to Robinson, O'Hara suffered this type of injury last season. So two incidents within twelve months, which requires assessment and ultra cautious management.

Aye, he missed 3+ months with concussion. In fact, he may have had issues earlier in his time with us as well.

"He could now potentially miss between eight and 10 weeks of football added to the time he has already spent on the sidelines.

O'Hara's luck has deserted him in recent times as earlier this year he missed three months of action following a concussion."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Tbh they were noisy most of the game. A good percentage stayed back to applaud their team afterwards too.

Arsehole behaviour from arseholes.

Will have to agree to disagree Joey. So slow to do anything. 

The first time Jonny played the quick.ball, we scored.

You're right that we'll have to agree to disagree. I thought we always looked dangerous whenever Kennedy in particular was on the ball.

43 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're right that we'll have to agree to disagree. I thought we always looked dangerous whenever Kennedy in particular was on the ball.

I think both picked the ball up in dangerous positions. Then the almost stop and have to pass inside. Besuijen has the feet to beat his man. Richardson powered past his man. 

The only time I remember Hayes doing it he created a goal.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Funny how people see things differently. I thought Kennedy was poor on the ball. He plays with his head down far too much and it’s like he decides what he’s doing to do them just does it regardless of what happens in that time. To be fair to him, once he realises he’s not beating his man he does now more often look up and pass inside or backwards to a team mate.

Personally I feel if we are to win things, better than Kennedy (and probably Hayes ) is required.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, he missed 3+ months with concussion. In fact, he may have had issues earlier in his time with us as well.

Shame as it was a total freak one as well. A mistimed header by McGinn that on the surface of it damaged himself more.

22 hours ago, Munoz said:

Jim Goodwin is a fud. 

Come the end of this season, you'll be wishing for Mark McGhee.

Might get you to a cup semi or two, but when the pressure is on he will crumble. 

Sounds like most of our managers since SAF. And even he wasn't immortal.

https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3398&season=1979-80&squad=Senior

44 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Northbank boys going for a pint 20 minutes away from Aberdeen. 

#NorthbankNo-show

Stonehaven is lovely though, to be fair.

Doon the front, put your balaclava on and turn your flag upside down. Memories of a lifetime.

#Instagram.

#Ultra.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

The more i see the Gallagher penalty the more I think its harsh. He had no chance to get his arm out the way. 

He’s over 5 yards away and it’s not the most fizzing shot in the world. He’s got loads of time.

Thought a second yellow was a bit harsh, but he easily could have/should have been sent off for his first challenge. f**k him.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Northbank boys going for a pint 20 minutes away from Aberdeen. 

#NorthbankNo-show

That post is genuinely tragic. You’ll be the first to cry about football fans being victimised and how we all can’t have this or that as well. 

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I think both picked the ball up in dangerous positions. Then the almost stop and have to pass inside. Besuijen has the feet to beat his man. Richardson powered past his man. 

The only time I remember Hayes doing it he created a goal.

We’ve scored four goals and two were assists from Hayes and Kennedy. Not sure why you’re having a go at them. Both have been excellent so far this season.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

The more i see the Gallagher penalty the more I think its harsh. He had no chance to get his arm out the way. 

He actually moves his arm to block the ball. Both his yellows should have been straight reds, and I’ve no idea why they weren’t. Far too pumped up yesterday.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

He actually moves his arm to block the ball. Both his yellows should have been straight reds, and I’ve no idea why they weren’t. Far too pumped up yesterday.

Deserved to go , but the first definitely isn't a sending off offence. If Coulson hadn't been injured i imagine your thinking may be different. 

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Deserved to go , but the first definitely isn't a sending off offence. If Coulson hadn't been injured i imagine your thinking may be different. 

Gallagher’s studs into the back of Coulson’s ankle. Red card for me.