New Look Dandies v New Look Buddies

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

We've been playing well. Number 7 for St Mirren bullying McCrorie but luckily we've not left him in too many 1 v 1 situations since the red card.

Lovely ball from Hayes for the second. About the first time he's done anything quickly. Him and Kennedy will have a lot to do to keep their place in the team IMO.

Clarkson looking like the better version of McGeouch. Cracking goal.

Was it not a pretty big deflection?

1 hour ago, Lex said:

My word we scored a goal!
A penalty, don’t think it was one but we will take it.
Ayunga from the spot.
The come back is on!

No way we were getting that if it was 0-0, 11 vs 11.

Same with the free kick that led to it.  Soft, but given, however same happened between the same two players about 20 minutes in, in the box, play on.

Really is no point in getting lucky penalties when you’re 3-0 and a man down.

28 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 4-1
Drew the second half I suppose, would certainly have taken that scoreline at halftime.
At the start of the second half Carson made a couple of great saves to keep it respectable, and then we got a nothing penalty and after that went in Aberdeen were happy to see the game out and they got the fourth at the end. Hard to single out any players for a positive, I thought everyone in a Saints jersey was fairly poor. These new signings really aren’t an improvement on what we’ve had previously. Ayunga scored at least…?
Overall it’s yet another defeat and yet another grim performance from Robinsons Saints. To add the very long list of them since he arrived in February.
We are out the league cup at the first hurdle and are sitting 12th after a fairly kind couple of opening fixtures. We are rightly favourites to finish bottom and we will unless there’s major changes at the club. Hopeless. This game at home to Ross County next week suddenly looks very important. Lose that and…

We were at home to one of Scotland’s representatives in Europe and we’re arguably the better team - even according to Well fans.

We were then away to the club with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget in the league.

I don’t see those s being particularly ‘kind’.

Next week is MASSIVE though.

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Declan Gallagher is an UNREFORMED CRIMINAL (JAILED in 2016 for ASSAULT, and has since continued his life of crime by committing multiple acts of FRAUD as a "PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER"). 

Yeah, BUT has he performed MULTIPLE acts of SHOUTING in big CAPITALS, and brazen use of completely UN-NECESSARY italics? 

We were at home to one of Scotland’s representatives in Europe and we’re arguably the better team - even according to Well fans.

We were then away to the club with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget in the league.

I don’t see those s being particularly ‘kind’.

Next week is MASSIVE though.

Motherwell have been hopeless since Watt left and were without a manager and had just played in Ireland a few days before. Aberdeen finished below us last season. It really was a very kind opening.
County have been away at Hearts and home to Celtic, that’s what I call a tough opening pair of fixtures. They’re still above us in the league on goal difference of course.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As an aside, why are we wearing our change kit against a team who play in all-red? Do Joma have it in the contract that we must wear it X amount of times? Least of our worries, I know.

It is a very nice kit to be fair 

46 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Was it not a pretty big deflection?

It was deflected off Tait.

Nice of the goalie to just stand there and let Miovski nick in

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As an aside, why are we wearing our change kit against a team who play in all-red? Do Joma have it in the contract that we must wear it X amount of times? Least of our worries, I know.

To be fair it was the only good thing about St Mirren today. 
Oh, and the brainless thug Declan, obviously. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

@Munoz, still think you boys are on for top six mate?

Who knows M8. Last week wasn't too bad and today the sending off changed things.

I still stand by my prediction/fact, we have a better chance than Dundee. 

Anyway, did you lot get a favourable result today against whoever you were playing.  Abercorn was it ? 

18 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Good win with some great goals. Decent all round and some promising signs.

Jim Goodwin reminding St Mirren what theyve lost with his team tearing Robinsons lot apart 

Jim Goodwin is a fud. 

Come the end of this season, you'll be wishing for Mark McGhee.

Might get you to a cup semi or two, but when the pressure is on he will crumble.