New Look Dandies v New Look Buddies

On 04/08/2022 at 14:17, betting competition said:

Still too early to judge but I think he made an error of judgement telling players that they could leave last season as the players didn't play for him.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=2db0c6d6f1c58155JmltdHM9MTY1OTc2Nzc1MiZpZ3VpZD1lNDFlNTk0Ni04MzlkLTQyMmEtYTQxYy0xNjFmYTMwYTczOTAmaW5zaWQ9NTI4Nw&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=043da321-1552-11ed-af5d-7d8dc1390517&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucHJlc3NhbmRqb3VybmFsLmNvLnVrL2ZwL3Bhc3QtdGltZXMvMjgyMTc3NC9yZWNhbGxpbmctZWRkaWUtdHVybmJ1bGxzLXRha2Utbm8tcHJpc29uZXJzLW1hbmFnZW1lbnQtc3R5bGUtYXQtYWJlcmRlZW4tMTAteWVhcnMtYWZ0ZXItaGlzLWRlYXRoLz9wbGFuX2lkPQ&ntb=1

Eddie Turnbull released 17 players at the end of 1964/65. I knew it was a lot. didn't realise it was that many. Whether he told them a few weeks after he arrived, or whether he didn't, I'm sure a lot of them knew their time was up at Pittodrie.

12 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Think the problem with Tanser as well as Brophy is when they get injured, nobody is usually near them. 

Can't remember how he got injured last week so i may well be talking pish 😉

Brophy picked up his ligament injury from booting the bottom of someone’s boot last season

14 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Brophy picked up his ligament injury from booting the bottom of someone’s boot last season

One of his other injuries, that came in the 1-1 Motherwell game, was as a result of him running in at the back post and he went over on his ankle as he tried to slow down. I remember seeing it happening at the time and thinking that he looked as if he was struggling. He was subbed after 20 odd minutes.

Both he and Main played 60 minutes in a bounce game v Ayr United during the week, without any negative after effects. So both should be in contention today.

Edited by FTOF

11 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Tanser is one of the most important players in the squad IMO. We miss him hugely when he is injured, I think Strain looked like he could give a decent balance on the other side. Not sure what Kiltie’s situation is for tomorrow but if he’s not available then I hope Robinson plays Reid instead of Flynn. 

I know folk say we didn't replace Durmus but statistically Tanser did. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd even give Taylor a shout ahead of Flynn given his debut performance but I know that simply won't happen.

The manager was talking about making us more athletic this season and mobile, if I remember correctly? Flynn and Tait coming into the starting 11 automatically goes against that.

Robinson might want Flynn in the middle as a calming influence . Is a midfield of Baccus/Erhahon/Reid or Taylor too lightweight? 

He might go for Kiltie playing off Ayunga instead of Grieve? Aberdeen away is maybe more suited to Grieve, he will do a lot of running and pester the defenders. Big Ayunga has to take his chance(s) today if he gets any.

Team almost picks itself, IMO. Left side is the only problem but we really have no choice there.

I'd go Main over Greive, I think Main looked decent on Sunday and will be playing with a point to prove. I suspect Flynn might get the nod over Kiltie but that'd be quite a negative move IMO.

Gallagher - Shaughnessy - Dunne

Strain - Ethan - Baccus - Tait

---------- Kiltie -------------

-------- Main - Ayunga --------

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Team almost picks itself, IMO. Left side is the only problem but we really have no choice there.

I'd go Main over Greive, I think Main looked decent on Sunday and will be playing with a point to prove. I suspect Flynn might get the nod over Kiltie but that'd be quite a negative move IMO.

Oh for a Gogic in that team. We are way to light in midfield. A couple more injuries and we are fecked

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nailed it.

20220806_135731.jpg

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nailed it.

20220806_135731.jpg

Keep it tight at the back, get Erhahon and Baccus on the ball, we might get chances on the counter. 

Can't shake the feeling things will click for Goodwin today though. 

Heads saying 3-1 Aberdeen, would love a smash and grab win ala Motherwell last week but we just don't do Pittodrie. 

3 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Gallagher’s been awful in every game so far, not even surprised by that.

I thought he strolled it last week against Motherwell tbh.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

What the f**k he meant to do hes  trying to get up off the ground when ball hits him .

He dived towards the ball 😂. Keeper looked like he was getting it too. 

We had settled into the game nicely as well. Now Aberdeen will stroll this.