New Look Dandies v New Look Buddies

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

I think that is a big factor, if you tell a player they are playing for a new deal they will generally give you everything, if you tell them they will be released at the end of the season, they will hold back to avoid injury and jeopardising their next move.

I know you can say well they are playing for a new deal at a new club but that is never a factor, new clubs look beyond that for form and will also offer training facilities if they are not convinced.

Telling a player they have no future at the club when you still need them to perform for you is just naive.

Just ask Terry Butcher at Hibs.

I can't imagine that there many players who don't know that their time is up at a particular club. whether through their own choice or the club's.

Even we, as fans, have a good idea who is offski.

I can't recall being particularly surprised by any of the names of released players in the past few years.

36 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I can't imagine that there many players who don't know that their time is up at a particular club. whether through their own choice or the club's.

Even we, as fans, have a good idea who is offski.

I can't recall being particularly surprised by any of the names of released players in the past few years.

Totally agree but when a new manager comes in with ~10 games to go, it can resets things. If any manager in any industry needs a tune out of their employees then you need to keep then onside.

I'm sure I've read on here that Goodwin wasn't popular with the dressing room when he was with us.  (Not that I believe everything/anything I read on here and I remember being surprised at that). If, and its a big if, it's true his old players might squeeze out a bit extra on the pitch

Two nil Aberdeen.  😳

O'Hara (concussion) out injured tomorrow. Tanser touch and go. At least Baccus seems to have come through last week's thuggery unscathed.

Presumably Tait in for Tanser, if the latter fails to make it.

Kiltie or Flynn in for O'Hara?

Suspect Main will replace Grieve up front.

I'm not buying this "bedding in" shite from Don's fans.

They've spent £2 million (according to their thread) on players.

They should be winning this game with relative ease.

Edited by FTOF

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

O'Hara (concussion) out injured tomorrow. Tanser touch and go. At least Baccus seems to have come through last week's thuggery unscathed.

Presumably Tait in for Tanser, if the latter fails to make it.

Kiltie or Flynn in for O'Hara?

Suspect Main will replace Grieve up front.

I'm not buying this "bedding in" shite from Don's fans.

They've spent £2 million (according to their thread) on players.

They should be winning this game with relative ease.

Got to hope we dont play Flynn in place of O'Hara. 

Tanser is made of glass and needs replaced. 

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Got to hope we dont play Flynn in place of O'Hara. 

Tanser is made of glass and needs replaced. 

Tanser played 38 or so games last season all in, scored a couple of goals and got about 7 assists. Our fans really need to stop demanding we get rid of anybody who suffers an injury at any point.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Tanser played 38 or so games last season all in, scored a couple of goals and got about 7 assists. Our fans really need to stop demanding we get rid of anybody who suffers an injury at any point.

Absolutely.

I think Tanser has been a very decent signing for us, as your stats highlight.

Unfortunately he seems to have picked up what appears to be a recurrent ankle injury.

Some people don't rate him, for one reason or another, which is fine.

10 hours ago, Torfason said:

I think that is a big factor, if you tell a player they are playing for a new deal they will generally give you everything, if you tell them they will be released at the end of the season, they will hold back to avoid injury and jeopardising their next move.

I know you can say well they are playing for a new deal at a new club but that is never a factor, new clubs look beyond that for form and will also offer training facilities if they are not convinced.

Telling a player they have no future at the club when you still need them to perform for you is just naive.

Just ask Terry Butcher at Hibs.

You would think 'football men' as Billy Dodds would describe them, would know this but evidently not...

I think the main reason people spit the dummy so much when Tanser (and Brophy) get injured is because we don't really have anyone else as good to replace them. We miss them far more than we do some other good players when they are out for periods.

Tanser is one of the most important players in the squad IMO. We miss him hugely when he is injured, I think Strain looked like he could give a decent balance on the other side. Not sure what Kiltie’s situation is for tomorrow but if he’s not available then I hope Robinson plays Reid instead of Flynn. 

8 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Tanser is one of the most important players in the squad IMO. We miss him hugely when he is injured, I think Strain looked like he could give a decent balance on the other side. Not sure what Kiltie’s situation is for tomorrow but if he’s not available then I hope Robinson plays Reid instead of Flynn. 

I'd even give Taylor a shout ahead of Flynn given his debut performance but I know that simply won't happen.