New Look Dandies v New Look Buddies

Quite a big game for us in general but more so for Goodwin. 

If we’ve any designs on competing at the top end again then we have to be winning games like this consistently. 

There’s a reasonable feel good factor with us after the league cup games and a fairly exciting transfer window but that can go south very quickly if we don’t put together a run in the next month. I always thought Celtic would come too early for basically an entire new team but I was disappointed with the performance. 

I can’t really predict this one as I don’t know how good we are yet and same with st Mirren. 

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite a big game for us in general but more so for Goodwin. 

If we’ve any designs on competing at the top end again then we have to be winning games like this consistently. 

There’s a reasonable feel good factor with us after the league cup games and a fairly exciting transfer window but that can go south very quickly if we don’t put together a run in the next month. I always thought Celtic would come too early for basically an entire new team but I was disappointed with the performance. 

I can’t really predict this one as I don’t know how good we are yet and same with st Mirren. 

My take on us against ‘Well was that we played pretty well, actually created chances, and our new signings all looked like they’d been there for a few games, not just one league game. Baccus in particular looks a player. Kelly made three great saves to deny us. Same old failings - can’t score when it matters.

On 02/08/2022 at 17:35, Suspect Device said:

Missing this because I'm at a festival in Durham. Bad planning on my part.

So we will win. Handsomely.

I will counter balance you not being there by being there. Boring 0-0 it is. 

Looking forward to this to see how good our new signings really are, with the money we have spent anything less than Europe place will be a failure.  Aberdeen looked a lot better upfront compared to the last 3 seasons in the Premier Cup but we was playing lower league sides so that maybe looks a bit false. 

Aberdeen do need time to gel these 8 new players so this it is a good time for St Mirren to play us but I hope we can get a result to keep the positivity going.

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Looking forward to this to see how good our new signings really are, with the money we have spent anything less than Europe place will be a failure.  Aberdeen looked a lot better upfront compared to the last 3 seasons in the Premier Cup but we was playing lower league sides so that maybe looks a bit false. 

Aberdeen do need time to gel these 8 new players so this it is a good time for St Mirren to play us but I hope we can get a result to keep the positivity going.

You do know we've got as many new signings as yourselves. 

If we do somehow manage a positive result, your reason/excuse won't wash with me.

12 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You do know we've got as many new signings as yourselves. 

If we do somehow manage a positive result, your reason/excuse won't wash with me.

7 to our 9 from the this excellent website https://nareystoepoker.blogspot.com/p/all-spfl-transfers-summer-2022-window.html#PREMIERSHIP

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

What is the view of Dons fans about Goodwin so far. 

Still too early to judge but I think he made an error of judgement telling players that they could leave last season as the players didn't play for him.

Goodwin had over £1.5 million just alone on transfers so he will be under pressure to get a European spot. The new signings look very positive with the Premier Sports cup games so now is the test when we playing Premiership teams. . I think Goodwin in the media/press conference talks very well so hopefully can convert that to performances on the park.  

59 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Still too early to judge but I think he made an error of judgement telling players that they could leave last season as the players didn't play for him.

Hilarious reading that because people complained Robinson did the exact same thing when he arrived. In reality, for us, it probably didn't make much difference, but folk have still used it as a stick to beat SR with.

15 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hilarious reading that because people complained Robinson did the exact same thing when he arrived. In reality, for us, it probably didn't make much difference, but folk have still used it as a stick to beat SR with.

I think that is a big factor, if you tell a player they are playing for a new deal they will generally give you everything, if you tell them they will be released at the end of the season, they will hold back to avoid injury and jeopardising their next move.

I know you can say well they are playing for a new deal at a new club but that is never a factor, new clubs look beyond that for form and will also offer training facilities if they are not convinced.

Telling a player they have no future at the club when you still need them to perform for you is just naive.

Just ask Terry Butcher at Hibs.