Morton vs Cove

Quitongo had 2 great chances in the first half. One over the bar and another he was through on the keeper and forced a save. Missed the easier chances and scored from the hardest. 

The real positive to take is that we came away with a clean sheet from such an attritional game, with only the last 10-15 minutes of the first half looking a problem defensively. Tremendous to get the win obviously, but as we knew before the game the need to add some attacking quality is clear and we'll not get by relying on goals out of nowhere like that. Still, it was tremendous work from Quitongo to produce that finish, for all it's a massive f**k up from Logan he still had a lot to do from that position.

Thought we looked pretty good defensively but that everything else was utter horseshit tbh. I think we'll have quite a lot of 0-0s or 1 goal games this season.

Been pleasantly surprised by Gillespie the couple of times I've seen him now. Muirhead is not the complete waste of a jersey he once was but still doesn't do enough imo. Cameron Blues IS still the complete waste of a jersey he's always been however.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I just watched that interview. 2 or 3 up at half-time is madness. We could have scored one and perhaps controlled, certainly not bossed, the last 20 minutes of the first half. Jai had a good chance after about 15 minutes that he narrowly put over the bar.

2nd half we were woeful offensively, slack in midfield at times and in final third and therefore failed to carve open opportunities for ourselves.

It was an even match in my eye, we weren't ruthless enough and Morton took advantage.

I suppose he was always going to come out and say what he did given the type of character he is. Doubt many could have argued if Cove went in 1 up at half time but anything more than that would have been harsh on morton.

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

I suppose he was always going to come out and say what he did given the type of character he is. 

If he spent less time working on 'being a character' and more time practicing his heading then his team wouldn't have lost yesterday.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

If he spent less time working on 'being a character' and more time practicing his heading then his team wouldn't have lost yesterday.

And more time picking a pair of shorts that’s fit him, thinking he’s a cool dude pulling his shorts up to then give away the goal absolutely comical