Job Titles

btb

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can mind reading about Bill Gates buying out a company some years ago. A one man company and the guy had given himself the title of Junior Vice President, not even President of his own company. Think it was called Compu Global Hyper Meganet or something.

Was it this guy?

Hank_Scorpio.thumb.png.c12c048e119d869d95efd56db1185c48.png

On 02/08/2022 at 17:53, greendot said:

So technically that made you a BAM then :whistle

Damn, rumbled,

Yours, 

Tam the Business Account Manager...

There was a gag in Red Dwarf that Rimmer's CV named him as Arnold J Rimmer BSC, SSC. 

BSC stood for Bronze Swimming Certificate and SSC stood for Silver Swimming Certificate 

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, LeslyFrey said:

Regarding your HR department, I totally get what you mean. Job titles can sometimes be a bit confusing, especially when they have different levels of seniority. By the way, if you guys are still looking how to make 10k fast, there are a few options you could consider. Have you ever thought about freelancing? It can be a great way to showcase your skills and make some money on the side. Another possibility is starting a small side business.

Your segueing needs a bit of work If I may say so. 

I've worked more than one job where there was a direct line of single people in the management chain between me and the guys in the boardroom, and we were the only people working in that wing of the company, so they were all managing each other managing me. At one job I had three managers I answered directly to, with another manager who they answered to about the work I was doing. Eventually they realised that was a ridiculous situation, so they brought back another manager to manage me and let the other three could get on with more important things (no idea).

That particular company folded some time ago. Not sure why. Probably my fault.