Queens Park v Ayr United

11 hours ago, AnHonestMan said:

I asked the bald c**t in the grey suit, who I'm guessing is an official club representative if he just couldnae take the fact his shite team got beat to which he responded by inviting me into the car park "to talk about it". Wow.

He’s not one of ours. Looked like he was in charge of the security team, who are outsourced by Stenny. His team had a poor evening too.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

These comments emoji23.png

I’ve just seen the winning goal. It was a penalty and about 15 folk went on the pitch including one fanny who jogged right over to the Queens Park fans to give them some abuse. It was a certified minter of a pitch invasion and any Ayr fan trying to dress it up as some sort of “we were caught up in the moment” thing is kidding themselves on.

What the cameras won’t show is at the end of that terrace is the Ochilview Bar, formerly Warriors Club. It’s nothing to do with SFC these days. Pile of bams came out of the fire door and jumped the fence into the stadium when the pen was awarded. One guy grappling with a steward. I watched the dancing Queen head back into the terrace, jaikit whipped off and passed to a pal. Clearly not his first time. Something else for QP to consider now on match days.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Not worth repeating an86 bang-on synopsis. Just wanted to note Coyle got it wrong, badly. Brown was running the midfield in the first, his replacement did nothing. A flat five at the back? Was he reading a 1970s football annual at half-time? He also got it wrong on Saturday but we got away with it thanks to ICT. I hope he’s just testing things but his post-match doesn’t suggest that. Credit to Ayr for having a go but we failed utterly to control the game and take the fizz out of them.

Secondly, after all the build-up, Eze looked awful. Hope to all the gods this was just a bad night. The only positive is we got to know very early in the season that some of our new guys don’t like a square-go. They better learn quick.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The only positive is we got to know very early in the season that some of our new guys don’t like a square-go. They better learn quick.

This .... 

And this was Ayr United 2018 , 2019 .... So much of Queens last night reminded me of the McCall/Sandy era at Somerset . We in these days regularly got bullied out of games we should have won , Ross County and Inverness being the ones that spring to mind . What I can say to Queens fans you’ll have your days , maybe mainly summer and spring , but you will have days where you absolutely cream teams in this division . You have too many ballers for this not to be the case .

On another note I’ve always loved Ocilview , we had about 500 up last night and the place was rocking  , when Thistle or Dundee rock up with three times that the roof will come off . Anyway Queens welcome to the Championship, you’ll be fine .

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What the cameras won’t show is at the end of that terrace is the Ochilview Bar, formerly Warriors Club. It’s nothing to do with SFC these days. Pile of bams came out of the fire door and jumped the fence into the stadium when the pen was awarded.

The cameras did actually show this?

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 12-52-22 Queen's Park 2 Ayr United 3 - Queen's Park Football Club.png

In all my years, I've never seen a second half collapse like that. We should have been out of sight in the first half; hard to understand what happened.

I don't grudge Ayr their win, but that's never a penalty. Imagine the guy giving that in an Old Firm game? He'd be back to the local BB league next week.

And so we move on.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

In all my years, I've never seen a second half collapse like that. We should have been out of sight in the first half; hard to understand what happened.

I don't grudge Ayr their win, but that's never a penalty. Imagine the guy giving that in an Old Firm game? He'd be back to the local BB league next week.

And so we move on.

Are you for real? So it’s okay to mis control a ball in the box hit it off your own hand which is making your body shape much bigger and it’s not a penalty? I’m sorry but stonewaller all day long.

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

And so we move on.

100 percent a penalty and about 10 times more a pen than the one given against Rangers on Tuesday night 

If somebody else had kicked it onto your hand that is reaching straight out towards the sky above your head nobody would even be questioning it was a pen.

If you are such a hopeless footballer that you kick it onto your OWN hand in a similar position suddenly it is not a pen?! WOT?

20 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

And so we move on.

Unfortunately I think the penalty decision was correct. It obviously wasn't intentional but because of the way his hand was above his head the referee had to give it.

We were experts at throwing away leads last season but for me that topped the lot of them. The way we just absolutely collapsed as soon as Ayr started putting us under the slightest bit of pressure is almost impressive.

Are you for real? So it’s okay to mis control a ball in the box hit it off your own hand which is making your body shape much bigger and it’s not a penalty? I’m sorry but stonewaller all day long.
100% this, even under the old rules that was a pen all day long.

you can't kick a ball into your own hands for f**k's sake. You can't even argue he's miscontrolled it, considering that his plain intention is to blast it over his own shoulder, where his arms are raised like he's being held up at gunpoint.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Charlie Fox as well. One of the best defenders in the league supposedly. Could’ve even clear the ball without giving a penalty away.

All of our outfield lost any ability to play football in the second half.

(Not taking anything away fae Ayr who were as excellent after half time as they were abysmal in the first half)

Simon Murray us a tool 

I don’t mind a bit of that tbh. It’s sometimes weird if the player has absolutely no history with the club he’s scored against and hasn’t been receiving abuse but it’s something that should never be lost from the game. Maxwell did it twice against Raith last season for absolutely no reason other than getting it right up them.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t mind a bit of that tbh. It’s sometimes weird if the player has absolutely no history with the club he’s scored against and hasn’t been receiving abuse but it’s something that should never be lost from the game. Maxwell did it twice against Raith last season for absolutely no reason other than getting it right up them.

Yeah Maxwell got booked for it didn’t he

Yeah Maxwell got booked for it didn’t he

Think so

Also, no idea if it’s been said but last night showed that Dipo isn’t the big, bulking target man that we maybe thought he could be. But the introduction of McKenzie and having someone win headers for him showed that he could be absolutely brilliant playing alongside someone like Ugwu for example. Think he’s going to Hamilton but I think that’s the kind of striker we need. That first goal that he scored was just basic direct football and shows how important winning the first header is. McKenzie did brilliantly for it.