Queens Park v Ayr United

4 minutes ago, Dario Zanatta said:

Was great to meet loads of Ayr United and Queens Park fans tonight. Lovely people. Thanks for all the kind words.

Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.

Dario xxxx

Your life must be awful to continue this pish… day after day after day. Your just looking for someone to share a wee individual fruit trifle with aren’t you? You lonely little b*****d !

Well that was an interesting game. First half we were an absolute disgrace and Queens Park looked pretty decent and deservedly took a 2-0 lead. Bryden’s miss when straight through summed our performance up.

second half we were a totally different team. Been a long time since I’ve seen us go from zeros to heroes from 2-0 down. Btw Eze is the largest player I have ever seen that can’t win a header since Kevin James signed for us.

1 hour ago, AnHonestMan said:

I asked the bald c**t in the grey suit, who I'm guessing is an official club representative if he just couldnae take the fact his shite team got beat to which he responded by inviting me into the car park "to talk about it". Wow.

I've never seen that guy before. I genuinely thought he was something to do with Ayr.

Either he's someone new, or perhaps he works for Stenny?

Did he tell you who he was when you spoke to him in the car park?

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Noticed Ian Murray was there when I was at Asda. Not playing either team for a few weeks so I imagine just having a general look at the teams.

John Rankin was there too. Suppose that's one of the by products of stand alone Friday night games.

6 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I've never seen that guy before. I genuinely thought he was something to do with Ayr.

He must be SFC cause he blamed QP for the scanners not working at the turnstile. 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

second half we were a totally different team. Been a long time since I’ve seen us go from zeros to heroes from 2-0 down. Btw Eze is the largest player I have ever seen that can’t win a header since Kevin James signed for us.

The Reid Renaissance pretty much started when Kevin James signed, so there shouldn't be a bad word said against the man.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

John Rankin was there too. Suppose that's one of the by products of stand alone Friday night games.

Remarkable to think anything attracts people to Falkirk on a Friday night except the potential to get four different types of takeaway from the same restaurant or to increase Scotland's teenage pregnancy statistics.

3 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Why are “Ayr United” hardly ever given that name in the media and on betting websites? Always just “Ayr”… A random question I’ve always had.

Annoys me that we’re always just “Raith” too.

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

The Reid Renaissance pretty much started when Kevin James signed, so there shouldn't be a bad word said against the man.

James made a spectacular debut in a 5-0 win over Stranraer a couple of days after my son was born. That's my only memory of his time at the club, a match I wasn't at.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/ayr-united-walk-tall-kevin-2439146

6 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

He had an SFC lanyard on, so must be a Stenny employee.

Took this in last night. I get the feeling QP will be similar to last season - ultimately they’ll do fine but given their resources they should probably be doing a bit better. The drop off in the second half from them last night was staggering but fair play to Ayr, they were absolutely brilliant.

I can understand QP fans being pissed off at having to traipse through there every fortnight, but Ochilview really is a brilliant venue. Decent crowd in last night which made for a good atmosphere and the reaction to the 3rd goal from the Ayr fans was superb - the guys that left at 2-0 jumping over the fence to get back in when the penalty was awarded and the boy running over to the QP fans cupping his ears was hilarious, especially after Murray’s celebration in the first half. All taken in good spirits by the Queenies as well by the looks of it. 

Was working last night so had to make do with a Hesgoal stream. Obviously was very happy with the first half. Scored 2 good goals and although Ayr did threaten a couple of times, we were looking pretty good for it. Then the 2nd half started…

I am still in genuine disbelief at just how bad QP were. There were no positives to take. Don’t think we managed to put 3 passes together without Ayr taking it from us or us shiteing it and launching it aimlessly. Ayr won every header, they broke forward at will. We had no one to put their foot on the ball and just tell the rest of the team to f*cking calm down! Ferrie kept it from being a horsing tbh.

I see some have been slagging Ayr for going on the pitch for the winner. Ayr have quite a few wee fannies in their support, but any QP fan saying they wouldn’t be on that pitch after being 2 nil down away from home are either lying, dead inside or literally physically unable to get over the hoardings. Last minute winners are sensational, regardless of how early in the season it is. 

Ridiculous folk blaming Albionson for QP 2nd goal in my opinion.  We were directly in line with it behind the post it went in off and it was a superb strike.  Curled in perfectly - didn't even occur to me that keeper should have done anything 

Two down at HT, and scoring a last minute winner is prime pitch invasion territory. 

No it isn’t. The best thing about pitch invasions is everyone’s too caught up in the moment and ecstatic to realise how ridiculous it actually is, football just does things to folk and it’s magic 

These comments [emoji23]

I’ve just seen the winning goal. It was a penalty and about 15 folk went on the pitch including one fanny who jogged right over to the Queens Park fans to give them some abuse. It was a certified minter of a pitch invasion and any Ayr fan trying to dress it up as some sort of “we were caught up in the moment” thing is kidding themselves on.