Queens Park v Ayr United

Attended as a neutral tonight. Thoroughly enjoyable game. QP probably deserved their lead at halftime although Ayr had a couple of good chances, blazing one. Over the bar and pulling out an excellent save from the QP goalkeeper. Early goal in the second half gave Ayr the platform to go for it and in fairness they looked good at times in the second half. QP were very negative in the second half and the manager must take responsibility for that as he set them up to hold a lead rather than push on and try to win the game. Great reaction from the Ayr fans both when they equalised and then got the winner. Best of luck to both teams for the season ahead.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
19 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:
Fair enough, just found him the oddest player we had in years. A unit of a man and I had never seen someone softer in the tackle. Never seemed a bad guy though so glad for him if he has improved.

I don't know what Bullen has done to McGinty but he's been our best player since January and I'd even say one of the best center backs in the championship since then, still has the odd brain fart but has been very solid and reliable

Polar opposite from his time at Firhill then, when he first came I expected a bit of aggression. That never happened at all. Fair play if someone’s got it out of him though.

Fair play to Ayr, a well deserved win in the end. Youz were first to every ball in the second half and made us look a shadow of the team we were in the first half.

Very disappointing from a QP viewpoint: we simply had no answer when Ayr got in about us in the second half.

7 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Why are “Ayr United” hardly ever given that name in the media and on betting websites? Always just “Ayr”… A random question I’ve always had.

If my team had just come back from 2-0 dow to win with a last minute penalty, I wouldn't be giving 2 flying focks what they called us.

Zero complaints. Ayr deserved to win that in the end. Dreadful from them in the first half and we took advantage of it. It’s not enough for us to look tidy and mildly entertaining, though. We need aggression and we showed f**k all.

From the moment they scored, they were dominant. Thought Akinyemi was superb and absolutely tortured our awful defence. Even Fox was miles off it. How Lee Kilday is playing full-time football is beyond me. Nowhere near good enough.

Fair play to the boy giving it the big one at the winner. You give it out, you have to take it back. Not necessarily my immediate reaction at the time, but football is nothing without shithousery? Think Murray gave it a bit at the goal to the Ayr fans as well, which I wholeheartedly approve of.

Biggest sickener in many a year. Probably not felt a punch in the baws like that since Rovers scored two late ones at Hampden to draw after we’d murdered them. Big wake up call for us. Time to toughen up. 

9 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

If my team had just come back from 2-0 dow to win with a last minute penalty, I wouldn't be giving 2 flying focks what they called us.

Awwww is someone a wee bit upset? Was just a question.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Funny to see the Queens Park equivalent of Roy Provan come up at full time to stand menacingly in front of the away support. Was shiting myself to be honest.

I asked the bald c**t in the grey suit, who I'm guessing is an official club representative if he just couldnae take the fact his shite team got beat to which he responded by inviting me into the car park "to talk about it". Wow.

20 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Why are “Ayr United” hardly ever given that name in the media and on betting websites? Always just “Ayr”… A random question I’ve always had.

Most Uniteds share a city with another team. Stoke City usually just get Stoke. Leeds United usually just get Leeds.

Ayr overcame the issue of sharing a city with a rival team by simply eating them.

1 minute ago, AnHonestMan said:

I asked the bald c**t in the grey suit, who I'm guessing is an official club representative if he just couldnae take the fact his shite team got beat to which he responded by inviting me into the car park "to talk about it". Wow.

Nothing against Queens Park and I hope they make the playoffs this year but this is what happens when a small time club gets in above their natural level. The officials don’t know how to act.

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Nothing against Queens Park and I hope they make the playoffs this year but this is what happens when a small time club gets in above their natural level. The officials don’t know how to act.

Ah yes, the Alloa Effect.

6 minutes ago, AnHonestMan said:

In other words… “Mon then”. Hilarious response from him.

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

Zero complaints. Ayr deserved to win that in the end. Dreadful from them in the first half and we took advantage of it. It’s not enough for us to look tidy and mildly entertaining, though. We need aggression and we showed f**k all.

From the moment they scored, they were dominant. Thought Akinyemi was superb and absolutely tortured our awful defence. Even Fox was miles off it. How Lee Kilday is playing full-time football is beyond me. Nowhere near good enough.

Fair play to the boy giving it the big one at the winner. You give it out, you have to take it back. Not necessarily my immediate reaction at the time, but football is nothing without shithousery? Think Murray gave it a bit at the goal to the Ayr fans as well, which I wholeheartedly approve of.

Biggest sickener in many a year. Probably not felt a punch in the baws like that since Rovers scored two late ones at Hampden to draw after we’d murdered them. Big wake up call for us. Time to toughen up. 

Spot on. QP were happy to play when Ayr let them (for a whole half); disappeared when it became a contest.

Every other manager in the league will have watched that with interest.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Spot on. QP were happy to play when Ayr let them (for a whole half); disappeared when it became a contest.

Every other manager in the league will have watched that with interest.

Noticed Ian Murray was there when I was at Asda. Not playing either team for a few weeks so I imagine just having a general look at the teams.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

COME ON AYR!!!! Had to watch on Bet365 and be updated from mates. Unbelievable result. How did we score 3 goals? And a big thank you to Mr Bet365! COYA!

8F5826CB-9BC9-4058-9FDC-5C040DDCAF62.jpeg

On a similar note I'd like to say both thank you and get it up you to Simon Murray 😍

833910764_Screenshot_20220805-210837_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.984dc53a10e2692d8bada9e7132503d3.jpg