Queens Park v Ayr United

45 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Watched wee bits of the game, stream is awful. Ayr Right back looks decent no? Still couldn’t get a sheet of A4 paper under Mcginty when he goes for a header. Hope Ayr get back into it !

Tell me Mcginty never scored a header after my comment 😂

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ayr celebrating like they won the league though. Is it sour grapes or a sign of how much of a scalp we are? I'm going to say yes to both and drink a lot of vodka tonight to forget happened.

More to do with the fact that so far we looked liked we would not score all season...

The weird thing about that game was that the back four played pretty well - it was the total lack of midfield that invited all the first half pressure. 

Bullen really needs to get this lot on it from the first minute, we are not going to find other teams as accommodating as QP. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He’s been pretty solid since Xmas tbf

Fair enough, just found him the oddest player we had in years. A unit of a man and I had never seen someone softer in the tackle. Never seemed a bad guy though so glad for him if he has improved.

4 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Not got a horse in the race here but a team shiteing away a 2-0 lead at home is always tremendously funny. Well done Ayr

In fairness "home" is a tenner away on the train.

According to BBC,  Ayr have had 9 shots on target vs 5 from QP.   15 shots vs 7 from QP.  Sounds a bit like the Arbroath game,  just need to put chances away.
Should ask Andy Walker to give them some lessons (& sign at least 1 striker) 

Ended up 17 to 7 on shots, 11 to 4 on target in our favour which is pretty impressive especially away from home. If we manage to start converting a reasonable percentage of those shots then we’ll be fine and with Bangala and a couple of additions might even be thinking about top four.

Fair enough, just found him the oddest player we had in years. A unit of a man and I had never seen someone softer in the tackle. Never seemed a bad guy though so glad for him if he has improved.
I don't know what Bullen has done to McGinty but he's been our best player since January and I'd even say one of the best center backs in the championship since then, still has the odd brain fart but has been very solid and reliable