Queens Park v Ayr United

Just now, eez-eh said:

He’s the clubs head of recruitment. I find it difficult to believe he isn’t responsible for identifying some players.

EVEN if you believe the “he just does analysis” thing - maybe his analysis is just pish?

He doesn't even go to the fucking club, he lives down Dumfries way! 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We won’t sack him and it’s unlikely we’ll be cut adrift by Christmas. There’s other teams in this league that are having their own mini crisis be it through lack of recruitment or having not much faith in their manager.

The issue with sacking Bullen is that we’ve already seen we aren’t an attractive option for players so why would we be an attractive option for a manger. We’d likely just take another gamble on a first time manager again. I’m genuinely not sure if I’d sack him or not but this is absolutely no better than the likes of Arbroath away or QOTS at home last season under Bullen. He’s got us some good results and there’s been good moments under him but it’s been largely pish so far.

A manger ? Are you suggesting Jesus as an option ?

I'm in the minority. Yes, he's absolutely all talk. Yes, this season's recruitment is worse than last season's, which was in turn probably the worst since the Roberts era. And yes, it'll be Christmas before anyone scores a fucking league goal. But this is the owner's vision, and there's no point in switching horses mid-apocalypse. Might as well just enjoy the banter era before he jacks it in, locks everyone out of the offices and retires to Guernsey with the club saddled with impossible levels of debt.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Looking forward to the club propoganda after this.  #weareunited

Callum will softball a couple of questions worded in a way that gives Bullen an easy answer.

If Bullen doesn’t come out and say, it’s obvious that we need guys in urgently then there is no hope for him, put pressure on the mob behind him to get players in. 
I don’t see them Sacking him until at least October but we need something for a potential replacement to work with. 
We are shite on the park because of Bullen but the whole “structure” is adding to it and it needs a boot up The arse 

He’s the clubs head of recruitment. I find it difficult to believe he isn’t responsible for identifying some players.
EVEN if you believe the “he just does analysis” thing - maybe his analysis is just pish?

He literally said in an interview when he arrived that the title of “head of recruitment” is a bit misleading and fans of all clubs get too caught up in it. He goes to games, he watches players and he does reports for the manager. He said it’s up to the manager to do the due diligence beyond that. Not quite sure why he’s not just referred to as a head scout tbh as that’s make his remit.

Maybe he’s just trying to cover his own arse but I don’t think he’s the one most responsible for the position we’re in.

1 minute ago, Austin McCann said:

Who owns Ayr now that the "condescending and smug" fat c**t Cameron has gone?

The thin skinned, condescending and smug Dave Smith.

Hes not condescending or smug, he is making the club self sufficient but has bought in to a model that contradicts his long term plan for the club and it is likely to hold us back for a few years, maybe even backwards 

3 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Watched wee bits of the game, stream is awful. Ayr Right back looks decent no? Still couldn’t get a sheet of A4 paper under Mcginty when he goes for a header. Hope Ayr get back into it !

Nick McAllister. He missed all of pre-season last year and when he was finally fit, Duffy kept playing him in midfield. I'm glad he's back and fit as he's miles better than Jordan Houston.

Just now, Shibuya said:

Nick McAllister. He missed all of pre-season last year and when he was finally fit, Duffy kept playing him in midfield. I'm glad he's back and fit as he's miles better than Jordan Houston.

Quite like the look of him from what I seen of the of the first half, certainly got a bit of urgency about him anyway !